Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diesel Vat Question

• 30-07-2008 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭

Hi, I wondered if someone could clear this up. I am a PAYE worker and work the norm 40hrs. I also travel to work in my own commercial van and do an odd delivery for the company where I get a few hours o-t in my pay. I just wondered is there anyway I would be eligible to claim the vat back on my diesel being used to and from work and for the runs for the company. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Would i have a reason to register for vat with my commercial vehicle for my spare time driving or is it not possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Look the only people that can claim back VAT are people that pass the VAT charge on- i.e a business. You are the end-user of the diesel- no VAT reclaim.

Milage cannot even be claimed on travel to and from work from home, only "business or commercial" milage is allowable to be refunded from the employer. Spare time driving is just that, just because it's a commercial vehicle means squat.

Advertisement