Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lexus IS200

Options
  • 30-07-2008 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at buying a Lexus IS200... '00-'02 car but all the ones I see are high on mileage...like 80k plus

Is this normal ? ... or is this just standard for this kind of car, year etc ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Received wisdom says that the average mileage for a car is 12,000 miles per annum (obviously varies from county to county). Based on that, I wouldn't see 80-90k being too high for the age you're looking at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

lexus is200 is a classy motor i had one for two years and my one had 120k on the clock it drove like it had 10k on it smooth mobile dont worry about the miles great car buy one!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

go for the 6 speed manual over the poor 4 speed auto box.

a slight clunk between 1st and 2nd is perfectly normal on the manual, aim for the Sport model.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

80k miles is not high mileage for a 7 or 8 year old car especially on a 6 cylinder engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 echo hotel

you should maybe have a look at the jap import models a lot of them have a yamaha engine pretty bullet proof and the japs will have lower mileage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

echo hotel wrote: »
    you should maybe have a look at the jap import models a lot of them have a yamaha engine pretty bullet proof and the japs will have lower mileage

You haven't heard of the mileage "adjuster" who lives on the ship that transports used cars over from Japan then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 echo hotel

yeah he's got cousins all over the place they're the mileage fairies

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

I have a IS200 Sport 2002 with 88k miles on it and it is good as new, just had it serviced recently. Definitely go for the manual, there are more automatics out there but they are not as nice to drive, I tried a few before I bought mine.

One word of caution, its a very thirsty machine so you will be filling it up fairly often, its worth it though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

I have an 02 exec model. I prefer this model, as it has the full leather. Very good car, get around 30MPG, with a good mix of driving. Not much to look out for, just check the alloys as they have a problem with pitting, and go through all the gears.

Advertisement