Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Synch Iphone with Itunes

Options
  • 30-07-2008 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

One of my friends wants to synch his legit iphone with itunes to upgrade to 2.0, problem is he registered it first day with his bro's laptop which I think is in London? Is there anyway he can synch with someone else's itunes without losing all his contacts etc?
    Or what solutions are there?

Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

One of my friends wants to synch his legit iphone with itunes to upgrade to 2.0, problem is he registered it first day with his bro's laptop which I think is in London? Is there anyway he can synch with someone else's itunes without losing all his contacts etc?
    Or what solutions are there?

Thanks
    Gary
    Not possible. Unfortunately, iTunes doesn't give the option to retain settings on a phone and will erase everything on his iphone if he attaches it to another computer and itunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Check Manually Manage Music and you can connect and transfer music. You can't sync though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭eoinsie74

Hope im in the right forum for this question and excuse me if i sound ignorant. I just got a 320gb external hard drive and I plugged it into a family members home pc and transferred about 7gb of music which he had in a music folder on his desktop.
    When i got home i plugged the external hard drive into my own laptop and transferred all of this new music into my itunes library on top of about 9gb of music which i already had. I then went to synch my new extended itunes library with my iphone but it wouldnt allow me, telling me my that my computer wasnt authorised.
    Can anyone let me know if there is a a way around this?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Try the apple forum:> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1176

Dont post in threads that haven't been used in 3 years, start a new thread

closed

Advertisement