Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long would you last if the world went Battle Royale?

• 30-07-2008 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

if everyone was pitted against each other tomorrow how long would you last?

i think i'd be gone in the morning

..but i'd take yor ma with me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

In real life or on Boards?

What the hell... I'm confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Depends on where I was at the time. If I was sitting in work and the buzzer went, I have a knife and fork on my desk that I could use to kill the six people sitting around me and then run out the fire escape.

If I was cycling home, I'd probably be screwed.

On the other hand, if I had forewarning, I could probably do OK. I live close enough to the mountains and know enough places up there where I could hide out for a while and take on the scavenger/sniper role.
    If you wait long enough, most of the ammo and petrol will have been used up. Which reduces us all to fighting with knives and other improvised weapons.

So the ninjas will win in the end.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I dont think lads would kill any of the hot girls. Fat girls on the other hand, would need a lot of ammo :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Or the travellers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

FunkZ wrote: »
    In real life or on Boards?

What the hell... I'm confused.

real life....of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

shuya.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I have 3 Katana's in my room, and access to lots of guns, I would suggest not coming near my house.

Boy #6 Kazuo Kiriyama, What a legend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I have guns. Guns help.

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    I have 3 Katana's in my room, and access to lots of guns, I would suggest not coming near my house.

They mean feck all if you can't use them properly in fact they could be a hindrance. If you have a katana in hand you will sty for that 1 second longer then you should have thinking you will be fine.

shuya.gif

Last angry fail nicely rectified before I could call you on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

They mean feck all if you can't use them properly in fact they could be a hindrance. If you have a katana in hand you will sty for that 1 second longer then you should have thinking you will be fine.

I sometimes go out the back and throw oranges in the air, then try cut them in half mid air.

Right fair enough...a chaingun. :cool:

Last angry fail nicely rectified before I could call you on it!

Silly Caucasian boy likes to correct other people errors.

Silly Caucasian boy likes to correct other people errors.

Silly rabbit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I would probably lie on till about three or four in the evening, so it would be a late start. Also, it depends on what weapons/protection I have, and what fortifications I'd have made to the house.

There's a lot to take into consideration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

seamus wrote: »
    If I was cycling home, I'd probably be screwed.

You at zero hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I'd be fine out here in the countryside. If anyone walked by I would simply attempt to catch and eat them, thus prolonging my survival :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Depends on what weapon I get.

If I get the frying pan, you're all ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

/me pulls out Samurai sword from wardrobe and goes to the shed for the rifle. I'm ready! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Various gangs would form, ally oneself to the most powerful as a rent boy or prostitute and you will be fine.
    As for me I'd start a one man war, gaining followers along the way, we all escape and live happily ever after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

I'd be grand. I've got a swiss army knife, so all should be good. Plus I'd bring my dog with me. We'd live in a cave and lick the slime that grows on the walls. Hunt rabbits and live with the wolves. I'd be known as 'Wolf Man' then all the people would know my standing and never come near me out of fear.
    Would be awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'm killing people now just for practice :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

well with 4 rifles including a scoped 243 and 6 shotguns (pump action mossberg and 1 automatic 8 shooter) numerous knives bats hatchest axes chainsaws,dewalt pin guns,shovels.Peppers spray and my trusty swb 300tdi pickup landy i reckon i would be pretty cool. Oh and living near foxes and being crackers helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

No weapons ... I'd be fine. Weapons, I'd be fooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

mookishboy wrote: »
    well with 4 rifles including a scoped 243 and 6 shotguns (pump action mossberg and 1 automatic 8 shooter) numerous knives bats hatchest axes chainsaws,dewalt pin guns,shovels.Peppers spray and my trusty swb 300tdi pickup landy i reckon i would be pretty cool. Oh and living near foxes and being crackers helps
    Yeah, but none of those will change the fact that you're a noob irl. I've got years of combat experience under my belt. I've been playing First Person Shooters online since Half Life came out. Give me one of those guns and I'll survive until the end. Cho Seung-Hui style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

However real guns cannot be controlled with a mouse so you'd last 10 minutes :)

I'd eagerly await the daily "hot zone" updates and lurk around the edges sniping at people trying to leave before their necks explode.

In reality i'd probably just light up a fat one and sit and watch the carnage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

I'd just move to Leitrim. Whos going to get you there, the badgers? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

But you don't have a Swiss Army Knife.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

idk, but i hope i'd get the uzi and not a fcuking plate.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

I think I'd do okay, actually.

I'm not particularly big or tough, but I am wery shneaky. Give me a sniper rifle and a packed lunch and I'd be picking off mofos all day long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Oh ye're all going down. Downtown.

Be warned! I have binoculars and I'm not not afraid to use them :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

if nothing else at least this thread has exposed the CrAzIeS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

all you dumb yanks with guns will kill each other off, the rest of the world, which most dumb yanks don't even realise exists, should have a good ol' knife fight. limerick should do ok...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I'd be alright. Living in Tallaght has given me plenty of practice at surviving in this kind of thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I'd prolly not last too long. I would be very quick though and make sure to take out as many women as possible before I am pwned.

(If I am in work when it happens anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

:D Good thread...
    If the buzzer went at work i'd be delighted. I'd start by scrambling over my desk and eliminating that travesty of a woman across from me.
    I reckon i could take care of her with multiple blows of the phone.. joe pesci style.
    Finally her loud eating, having stories better than everyone elses, laugh snorting and other various annoyances that she causes me on a daily basis will come to an end.

After that i'd be lucky to last 24hrs, i've no access to weaponry.. only a hurley.

Jaysus, it's "How long would you last."
    Not "How quickly will I turn psycho!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Id make a good show of it
    But wouldnt survive still the end ; aka Anne Frank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I'd press R1 R2 L1 R2 Left Down Right Up Left Down Down Left.
    Then I'd win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭token56

I think I could do ok, I would be good at evasion and guerilla warfare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

would try and hold out as long as posible,

or hide under the desk, the world will need re populating eventually

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

irish-stew wrote: »
    or hide under the desk, the world will need re populating eventually

It's your only chance : P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭A_M101

I've suddenly realised how unprepared I am. Time for a plan.

That should bring me up to 11am coffee time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I imagine i would do okay but much like Seamus it would largely depend on where i am and who i am with when it kicks off.

Funnily enough, if i was in Limerick at the time i would be absolutely fine...in Dublin most likely die Michael Bay style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

Ass Face wrote: »
    Yeah, but none of those will change the fact that you're a noob irl. I've got years of combat experience under my belt. I've been playing First Person Shooters online since Half Life came out. Give me one of those guns and I'll survive until the end. Cho Seung-Hui style.

Lol nublet !!111one!eleven

LOL good thread.

Exposed a lot of head cases! If the buzzer went off in work I'd be grand. Office is full of women :D plus I am beside the kitchen so not a chance. Although, if they got to eachother first and started ripping eachother clothes off I'd probably get so distracted that I wouldn't even notice one of the others ripping my lad of with the bread knife. Christ I could get tag teamed big time. Alot of MILFs in this small office :)

Advertisement