Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom.net email attachment size?

Options
  • 30-07-2008 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Does anybody know the maximum attachment you can send with an eircom.net email address. I remember last year it was about 1MB but It has become a disaster for work as I'm trying to send images and keep getting refused. Is there a work around for this problem without having to set up another email account? Is there someone I can call at eircom support? Would appreciate a quick reply as I'm trying to send some photographs to a client.

Cheers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

try http://webmail.eircom.net/ which allows 5mb I think .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Use winrar to split the files

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭1huge1

If possible switch to gmail, what a service

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Eircom inbox size is 5mb. If your online folders (inbox, trash, personal folders) are empty it should allow you to send a 5 meg email or close to it. Any stuff sitting in your online folders reduces your 5 meg limit and also the size of mail you can send.

Set up a new gmail address and set it to retrieve your eicom emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

The eircom webmail mailbox allowance is 5mb however its more if you have configured your mail account in a client - afaik around 50mb.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

as already suggested, gmail is good as it allows upto 20MB attachments and the mailbox space is upto about 6-7GB now also its very easy make your e-mail appear to come from you@eircom.net using the gmail account settings :)

Advertisement