Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orange box

Options
  • 30-07-2008 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Was going to pick this up this evening (if I can find it). I've already cleared Portal on the PC (months ago, though) and don't particularly like FPS on a console. However, my games PC is not connected to thinternet (and never will be) so I doubt I'd even be able to install these games on it (Is that still the way Steam works, you need a connection to thinternet?) so it's either PS3 or Xbox360 versions, I guess. Any major downside to either?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Get the 360 version. It was ported properly by Valve. The Ps3 version was outsourced to an internal EA studio and was almost unplayable without a number of patches. Even now it has it's issues. If you can't get onto the internet you cant get those patches and that makes it a hell of a lot worse.

360 all the way on this occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Well both my PS3 and my 360 can connect no problem so bring on the patches. I would prefer to use the PS3 if possible as I'd need a gold live account to play TF2 on the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

right well, if you do just remember that MOST and not all of the issues present were fixed by the patches.

I never had any issues with the orange box. TF2 is pretty good on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Grr, I clicked on this thread expecting a discussion of ladies of the ginger persuasion. Please be more careful with the thread titles folks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement