Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A in regards BT's 24 mb speed upgrade

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Jakkass wrote: »
    Are there any plans to upgrade the Lucan Ballydowd exchange in the near future?
    Bohrio wrote: »
    I really dont know when BT will be rolling out new exchanges

Thanks,
    LK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭gunsofbrixton

BOHRIO,

i'm on the Swords exhchange LLU 8mb service i have noticed a speed increase to what speedtest.net tells me is 14mb however my line attenution and line noise stats suggest i should be closer to 23mb(i'm close to the exchange).

I'm using a Netopia 2247NWG wireless router any ideas, does the router need upgrading is it this that is limiting me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

BOHRIO,

i'm on the Swords exhchange LLU 8mb service i have noticed a speed increase to what speedtest.net tells me is 14mb however my line attenution and line noise stats suggest i should be closer to 23mb(i'm close to the exchange).

I'm using a Netopia 2247NWG wireless router any ideas, does the router need upgrading is it this that is limiting me

That router model has a problem with noise margin(snr) so maybe it would be worth your while getting yourself a new router (with modem in it-often called a 'gateway). I'd recommend komplett.ie for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭paddyk

Rc or indeed anyone else, what gateway would you reccomend to use with BT and also compatible with the xbox 360. I currently have the BT supplied Prestige P-660HW-D1
    wireless gateway. Works ok but it is at least 2 years old, just wondering with bad stats is there a modem preferably a wireless gateway that might help me improve my signal?

I also cant seem to upgrade my firmware on this device, the firmware is dated 2006 and BT just told me they only upgrade firmware to solve major issues, so there tech support aren't any help:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

BOHRIO,

hey, could you tell me where abouts the exchange is coz i'm in the holywell estate and was told today that my line can only handle about 4mb:mad: i reckon i'd be at most 2-3 km away

i only signed up because i was told i would get the 7.6/8mb upgrade and less than a month later i'm being told this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

probably the same place the eircom exchanges are, which would be bridge street

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

Baneblade wrote: »
    probably the same place the eircom exchanges are, which would be bridge street

hmm, according to google earth i live 2km from bridge street (as the crow flies). according to a graph that shows the distance based on attenuation (52db) its closer to 4km.

can that be right, do the lines really snake around that much, or is there something else that could cause such high attenuation?

any help greatly appreciated as i'm completely new to adsl and still trying to get my head around what means what, and what i can personally do to improve my situation

Advertisement