Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry for 3-in-a-row???

Options
  • 30-07-2008 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

does anyone think kerry can get the 3 in a row.declan o sullivan:D is back which is a big boost but galvin is suspended:(.are the dubs the biggest threat:P

ps.kerry supporter:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

As a somewhat biased Monaghan supporter I'd have to say no I most definitely don't think so!

Last year Monaghan got very very close and almost pulled off the upset - from watching this year's Championship (apart from 1st round of Ulster!) I think they've worked on keeping their focus and concentration right til the end of a match, which is something they weren't great at last year. I don't particularly think Kerry have improved measurably so I think Monaghan might do it this time. Breaking ball will be important and if people like Jap Finlay perform like he did against Donegal I think we have a very good chance. Tommy Freeman needs to get free of the defence more frequently than he did last weekend and Kerry last year didn't trouble him as much as Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Kerry for 3-in-a-row???

I certainly hope not. 1 in a row is too much for them. It is much better to see other counties winning it. It is the same when it comes to Kilkenny, Cork or Tipperary in Hurling. So hopefully Waterford win this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

No

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

Flukey wrote: »
    I certainly hope not. 1 in a row is too much for them. It is much better to see other counties winning it. It is the same when it comes to Kilkenny, Cork or Tipperary in Hurling. So hopefully Waterford win this year.

Exactly. Ideally, to keep the titles spread around would be better for the game. Look what Kilkenny's dominance in Leinster hurling has done for hurling in the province. It's not their (or Kerry's) fault, they only beat the teams put in front of them. But it is better to see less familiar teams making the breakthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

I think Kerry will do the 3 in a row.They seem most dangerous after a loss in the Munster Final or when people start righting them off.Maybe Kerrys defeat at the hands of Cork may be the making of their season and they'll excel.

I certainly think that if Kerry are not beaten on Sunday or at the quarter final stage,they'll go on to win.I think they are at their most vulnerable now and if they can get through that,they'll have no problem after that.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭zuluboy

I don't particularly think Kerry have improved measurably so I think Monaghan might do it this time.
    How do you know Kerry haven't improved? For Kerry it all starts on Sunday, anything previous was meaningless. Kerry were unprepared, lethargic and probably complacent last year against an 'unknown' Monaghan side. They know all about Monaghan this year and thanks to Cork there's no danger of complacency.
    If Monaghan keep the defeat to single figures they'll have done well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

I think not... but you can't write them off blah blah blah.
    this year i can see a potential upset a dark horse winning the All Ireland .. I would like to think the dubs will win it but the great thing is its a really open C'ship i think. Galway, Armagh, Mayo, Tyrone, Cork... Tis hard to call lads.

Im feeling a bit "anyone but Kerry" at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

If they do win the three in a row I look forward to Liam Hayes writing about how it was a "soft" win :p.
    Ideally he'll write a column for Sunday on how the present team are finished and over-rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

DeepBlue wrote: »
    If they do win the three in a row I look forward to Liam Hayes writing about how it was a "soft" win :p.
    Ideally he'll write a column for Sunday on how the present team are finished and over-rated.

Like most of his articles, there is some truth in it!

Compare 04 & 06 with 05!

Still, they got Monaghan this year and not Longford in Killarney!

Tyrone weren't a force in 04 as Donegal and Mayo proved, neither were they in 06.

Tyrones record in getting to QF's is just as impressive as Kerrys given the respective paths.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I would fancy them at this point. Kerry played poorly against Monaghon last year and still beat them. Dont get me wrong Monaghon are a good side but Kerry can usually find just enough in reserve to get through these type of matches.

I think they are going to be annoyed at throwing away the Munster final after beating Cork every which way in the first half. I cant recall seeing a Kerry team fold like that before, and am inclined to think this will make them more dangerous as they will be getting all kinds of grief for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

does anyone think kerry can get the 3 in a row.

No :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

In answer to the OP obviously there is a decent possibility of Kerry getting the three-in-a-row. Not going to be easy but I think there have the talent. We're getting to the stage of no easy matches and I can't wait. I expect Kerry to score goals and win well against Monaghan. Monaghan might want revenge for last year but Kerry will equally want to set things right after last year's poor performance. Given the result against Cork, this is a dangerous wounded animal of a Kerry team. That combined with the Galvin saga and the desire to be remembered as a great team that exists among members of this squad leads me to think Kerry are favourites for the All-Ireland.

Team against Monaghan. - Good to see Declan O'Suillvan back - doubt he'll last the full game but there are great options on the subs benches to come in.

Rumours that the lineup will be Donaghy and Tommy Walsh as a two man forward line with Gooch playing off them. Donnacha Walsh brought in to help around the middle with the breaking ball and the physicality of things at the centre of the field.

I think it's Deegan from Laois who's reffing this. Not overly thrilled - he has a loose enough style and tries to let things develop, which can be good in ways, but there is always the potential for loosing control. Prefer a ref who lets players knows more clearly how things stand from the off.Hopefully there won't be a repeat of the ridiculous sending off of Gooch like the League Final.

Fingers crossed for a fine day

From the Kerry GAA Website
    http://www.kerrygaa.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=235&Itemid=35

1) Diarmuid Murphy (Dingle) (2) Padraig Reidy (Scartaglin) (3) Marc Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) (4) Tom O’Sullivan (Rathmore) (5) Tomás Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) Captain (6) Aidan O’Mahony (Rathmore) (7) Killian Young (Renard) (8) Darragh Ó Sé (An Ghaeltacht) (9) Seamus Scanlon (Currow) (10) Tommy Walsh (Kerins O’Rahillys) (11) Colm Cooper (Dr. Crokes) (12) Donnacha Walsh (Cromane) (13) Declan O’Sullivan (Piarsaigh Na Dromada) (14) Kieran Donaghy (Austin Stacks) (15) Brian Sheehan (St Mary’s) Fir Ionad:

16) Kieran Cremin (Dr. Crokes) (17) Eoin Brosnan (Dr. Crokes) (18) Seán O’Sullivan (Cromane) (19) Darren O’Sullivan (Glenbeigh/Glencar) (20) Michéal Quirke (Kerins O’Rahillys) (21) Tommy Griffin (Dingle) (22) Daniel Bohane (Austin Stacks) (23) Mike Frank Russell (Laune Rangers) (24) Rónán Ó Flatharta (An Ghaeltacht) (25) Paul O’Connor (Kenmare) (26) Kieran O’Leary (Dr. Crokes) (27) David Moran (Kerins O’Rahilly’s) (28) Anthony Maher (Duagh) (29) Mike Moloney (Dr Crokes) (30) Pat Corridan (Finuge) Bainsteoir: Pat O'Shea Dr. Crokes Traenálaí: John Sugrue Renard Roghnóirí: Dr. Dave Geaney Castleisland Desmonds and Seán Geaney Dingle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Silnoli

I hope not!

Advertisement