Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customs Dublin Airport- bringing cat from Germany

Options
  • 30-07-2008 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi

I am looking for advice from anyone who has brought a cat/dog into the country and how was all the documentation checked at Dublin Airport/ by who?

Problem: I am moving home to Dublin next month and I want to bring my two cats with me. The Pet Passport is no problem but Ireland has a rule that 6 months must elapse since the last rabies test. I cant wait 6 months and the prospect of quarantine is horrible for them.

I can fly with Lufthansa no problem even bring the kitties on the plane. Lufthansa say that it is up to the destination airport to check all the documentation so does anyone know who will check this at the airport?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

Have you had a look at cat lost at airport I think he mentioned costoms in there some were, thats great thet they let you take your kittie on board with you have to keep that name in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

You won't be allowed bring them in without proper paper work, and vaccinations. Animals who fly in are collected at the airport by a driver who then brings them to Lissen Hall. You may not even see them before they are picked up. It's up to you to follow, animals are then checked over by a vet and all paperwork checked. If it's not up to date and the numbers don't correspond they will impound your animals.
    Please check out this website.
    http://www.movetoireland.com/movepag/petquart.htm

Advertisement