Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Henna places in Dublin

Options
  • 30-07-2008 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Right, well I was thinking of getting a henna tattoo done on my foot and ankle..

Basically like foot_tattoo.jpg

But with a simplified design a bit like this

tribal_small_medium_floating_inspiration.gif or section_clubbing_fantasy.gif

I'm aware that the brown ones are the safest ones to go for.

Does anyone know where I could get a design done? Also how much would it be? I searched through the posts for some help and someone mentioned a place in Templebar but said to avoid it, another place was on Grafton Street.

The kits that you can buy? I'm not an expert on art so I don't think I would go for one of thoses unless a design comes with them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

I know nothing about where to get henna ones done, but it would strike me that getting one on your foot and ankle is going to fade very very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If anywhere even mentions "black henna", run a mile.
    Brown henna is the only kind of henna there is, and as I'm sure you know, it's only temporary.
    If there is anything rubbing against the skin (shoes/socks) then the design will probably fade much quicker, or in a patchy fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Theres an indian shop in harolds cross (up near the bridge) that does it i believe, never been in so don't know what the quality is like

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

If there is anything rubbing against the skin (shoes/socks) then the design will probably fade much quicker, or in a patchy fashion.

I only really want it for a night out I'm going to and I'll be wearing sandals so it won't be rubbing off any material, but I can't count on the weather, does it rub off in the rain?
    Will wrote: »
    Theres an indian shop in harolds cross (up near the bridge) that does it i believe, never been in so don't know what the quality is like

Hmmm...... must try and check it out if my mate gives me a lift.... living in north Dublin though... city would be best for me like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I only really want it for a night out I'm going to and I'll be wearing sandals so it won't be rubbing off any material, but I can't count on the weather, does it rub off in the rain?

After you give them sufficient time to dry and peel after initial application they should be grand in a bit of rain for a night. They usually take about a week to start fading even if you are showering a couple of times a day so you definitely should be okay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement