Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIM ... law and arts ...points ??

• 30-07-2008 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

What do you think the points for Law and art in NUIM this year will be ?? anyone .....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

It's hard to guess unless you're with the CAO. It all depends on course details, how many places NUIM can fill, the amount that applied for the course, etc. It's the CAO that decide the points and not the third level institute.

I can guarantee it'll be over 345 (MH101, Arts) as you're combining arts with Law, but don't have a clue what the points will be like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

i would say it would be around 515 as law is always going to be high, but you never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

the CAO don't really 'set' what the points are going to be - the points are purely bases on the exams results of students & their preferences.

So if there are 100 places, it's the top 100 students that have applied who get in - if you rank all the students who applied, the points that student #100 got are the minimum points required.

That's why Law & Medicine etc are always so high - since there are so few places on the course & lots of people applying, you need around 500+ points to get in.

I would saw the Law & Arts course will easily be over 500 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I was told mid 400s or more when I asked about switching courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

Rozabeez wrote: »
    I was told mid 400s or more when I asked about switching courses.

Really interesting...if you don’t mind if I ask what are you studying now... Please or are u at NUIM now ?? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Brooke01

Any more comments ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm studying Arts in NUIM at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

It ended up being 475, as you no doubt know by now.
    I got into it, and I'm thrilled.
    If pushed, I would've guessed that the points would be around 500, but they were a bit below that, obviously. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

Awh well done thats great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

pretty high points course there, quite surprised at the demand considering its a new course,

• Advertisement
Advertisement