Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog rolled in human crap HELP!

Options
  • 30-07-2008 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭

He covered himself , it was like some kind of dirty protest. He's been washed 3 times already today and he still smells and it's super nasty. Fairy liquid, dog shampoo, vinegar and baby wipes have been used to no avail. HELP!

he's an inside dog with short hair ( dalmation)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

Try using tomato ketchup in the area and wash off

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

If you're anywhere near the sea, take him to the beach ..let him swim and roll in the sand, then rinse and repeat.

Wash off any leftover sand before you go into the house ...that should do it.

Plus it would be a bit more enjoyable for the dog than vinegar and ... tomato ketchup :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

How do you know it was human crap? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,491 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Eh... How did he manage this??

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

We were up the phoenix park and he disappeared into the long grass a black and white dog and returned brown. This was not deer poo or other dog poo. This was most definitely human, yuk. Brought him straight for a swim in the dog pond which got rid of the brown but not the smell.

Going to try the tomato ketchup tommorrow as he's been washed a forth time since I posted.

Tried the sea thing before when he dug up a dead thing when we were on the beach. I walked in the sea in my clothes with him on a lead for 10 minutes and it had no effect. Shampoo did get rid of that smell though.

Thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Could you bring him to a groomers? As far as I know dalmations have very sensitive skin, you could end up damaging him. I know you need to get rid of the smell though.

Groomers definately the way to go, they must have something for that type of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Grawns wrote: »
    Tried the sea thing before when he dug up a dead thing when we were on the beach. I walked in the sea in my clothes with him on a lead for 10 minutes and it had no effect. Shampoo did get rid of that smell though.

It's the sand thing that does the trick :D (the water just makes the sand stick)

Advertisement