Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our local Green Party member is looking for....

• 30-07-2008 7:48pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Planning Permission to replace a roof and build an extension on to his property at 169 Viewmount.

He has his planning notice in this weeks News & Star page 68,using his wife's name.

Please form an orderly queue and strictly only one objection per person:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The whole of Waterford should object. No surprise that he wont use his own name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

e-mail this link to all your friends in waterford.
    I already have contacted some high rollers in the city expect this will be in many peoples inbox by late afternoon tomorrow .
    Good luck every body best 20 euro anybody could spend :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Sounds like poetic justice.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

At the very least it will delay him up to a year whilst the city council deal with the objections. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Aw lads, did I dream this? Have to get me a piece of this.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Planning Permission to replace a roof and build an extension on to his property at 169 Viewmount.

Lads in all seriousness, I think a roof replacement would be totally out of character with the area, and would not do justice to the historic setting of what is the oldest estate on the Dunmore rd. An extension to the house would be completely out of scale and would severely reduce light levels for neighbouring residents.

I believe that Mr. McCann's house IS suitable for development, but that this plan is totally unsuitable and completely unsustainable.

A missed opportunity.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

merlante wrote: »
    Lads in all seriousness, I think a roof replacement would be totally out of character with the area, and would not do justice to the historic setting of what is the oldest estate on the Dunmore rd. An extension to the house would be completely out of scale and would severely reduce light levels for neighbouring residents.

I believe that Mr. McCann's house IS suitable for development, but that this plan is totally unsuitable and completely unsustainable.

A missed opportunity.

post of the year, pure class:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Absolutely Agree.... it would be totally out of caracter with the surrounding environment

And builders will cause danger to local children ...not t o mention the extra traffic that will be needed to carry out this work....detrimental to the environs !

Waterford says NO !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D I'll drive over and have a look tomorrow to see if the proposal passes muster (okay I never go into Viewmount but thats not the point is it Mr McCann?)

Mike.

your orginally from galway arent you mike so you must have a view on this and how this roof would have a detriment effect on the city ;)
    E-mail all of these people and let them know your feelings on this matter http://www.waterfordcity.ie/council/councillors.htm

• Advertisement

What is the actual name used? I can't find anything yet on Waterford City Council's planning enquiry website. Doesn't seem like anything has been lodged at city hall yet. Hold yer horses lads.

decies I've blown in from a lot futhur than Galway. I should stay well clear of 169 Viewmount lest he shout "800 years" at me! :p

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

yeah i had a look myself and couldn't find anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's my birthday today, well since midnight. This news has just made my birthday :D

I live in Viewmount and will take a walk round to his house in the morning to check out his planning notice.

I'm originally from Galway but my views are much different to those of the tree hugger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

oh god this is like christmas has come early.....
    we could tie this up for years..... ha ha

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mike65 wrote: »
    decies I've blown in from a lot futhur than Galway. I should stay well clear of 169 Viewmount lest he shout "800 years" at me! :p

Mike.

rofl,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Bond-007 wrote: »
    What is the actual name used? I can't find anything yet on Waterford City Council's planning enquiry website. Doesn't seem like anything has been lodged at city hall yet. Hold yer horses lads.

Normally you put the notice in the paper before you apply for planning permission and then you include the notice from the paper showing date with the application to the planning office.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Lucy Locket

Has it been confirmed that the application is lodged, I had a check this morning in the paper and not seen it.....so great if it is an application, I don't live in viewmount but I still feel that this was have detrimental affect to the view of my house, and blocking light....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I too have fears about the well being of the area is such an application was to be approved.

deisemum wrote: »
    Normally you put the notice in the paper before you apply for planning permission and then you include the notice from the paper showing date with the application to the planning office.

Your spot on. It should appear online within the next week or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭garp

He has...Sorry that should be; she has two weeks to lodge the planning permission from the date of the paper. You then have six weeks to put in an objection to it; you must pay a fee of aprox €25.

Lads, I see we have a few concerned residents in Viewmount on here. Nobody knows how this development could affect your lives. Human beings need light to survive -- it's a scientific fact -- and McCann wants to take that away. The sight of builders coming to and from the site may cause distress to small, middle class children as well, and your dogs and cats would be distressed by the noise. I think this is the thin end of the wedge for Waterford. If we let this through, there's no telling what developments McCann will attempt to build in the future.

I think we need to form a group of concerned residents WBASOCD: Waterford Boards.ie Alliance for Sustainable Outer City Development.

merlante wrote: »
    I think we need to form a group of concerned residents WBASOCD: Waterford Boards.ie Alliance for Sustainable Outer City Development.
    Now you might be on to something there

I suggest fielding a candidate in that ward at the next local elections.

Mike.

Our group shall be called BASTARD Boards Against Serial Teachers Against Regional Development.
    Nominations to join BASTARD begin here.

One at a time please ;)

I hear that the Gardaí have drafted in reinforcements for crowd control outside city hall for the 6 week objection period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭pseudo-tech

For clarity, you have five weeks to lodge a submission on a planning application including the date it was lodged. The fee involved is €20 and you need to state the planning reference number, your details and what your CONCERNS are??

It shall be done. :) Be it be 5 or 6 weeks I am sure the objectors will have their objections in within the time limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 paddy1mac

I'm a self employed QS and price work for a number of local builders and can assure you that i would have strong reservations about pricing this one - recession or no recession and am pretty sure that most local builders wont touch it with a barge pole!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Lads, as a non-Waterforder, whats the craic here, whats with all the hostility? I presume i'm missing out on some local hot gossip?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement