Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The General Talk or Moan About Your Dart Skills Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Cant catch a break

drawn with Mick Barry first round again

This time i took a leg to level 1-1 darts going with throw, he won his throw to go 2-1 and i missed 2 darts to level it at 2-2 and he took the win

and just like the last tournament i was drawn against him first round in, he went on to win it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Tough one, it's the luck of the draw I suppose. Sounds like you had your chances though. It hurts even more when you miss doubles against a player like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Played on darts pro earlier against Ratinakeg , close game , averaged 71/72 and lost 8 - 7 .

Doubles let me down badly.
    Any suggestions for a practice game/routine to improve the doubles situation??

Been playing Bob's 27 and around the board on doubles so am looking for a different approach

Ps Great darts rat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Daffy501 wrote: »
    Played on darts pro earlier against Ratinakeg , close game , averaged 71/72 and lost 8 - 7 .

Doubles let me down badly.
    Any suggestions for a practice game/routine to improve the doubles situation??

Been playing Bob's 27 and around the board on doubles so am looking for a different approach

Ps Great darts rat :D

You could have beat be easy earlier but as you say your doubles let you down Daffy! My average was about 4 points below yours but I for once took out my doubles!:)

Try this thread mate;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055498019

Some useful suggestions there!:D

Jeasus I'm playing the best darts of my life at the moment, I just hit a 153 check-out (T20,T19, D18) against AndyP to win a great game 8-7! Cheers for the game Andy. Hope it continues up until Saturday night at least and my nerves don't start to kick in!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

It's not looking good for me for Saturday because I can't hit a double to save my life. I'm scoring better than I ever have I just can't hit that double. I think I'm going to have start playing Bobs 27 all the time now to get those doubles going because it's just not happening at the moment :(

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It's not looking good for me for Saturday because I can't hit a double to save my life. I'm scoring better than I ever have I just can't hit that double. I think I'm going to have start playing Bobs 27 all the time now to get those doubles going because it's just not happening at the moment :(

Ah those damn doubles can do your head in sometimes! In one of the matches I had down the Fishing Club on Monday I think I missed double 11 about 15 or more times, then I hit D8 and then bang straight in D3:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

hopefully my new darts arrive 2moro. getting a set of 19g unicorn stirkers. might try them out on saturday, after the boards final of course, can't give up on my wadeys. have loads of clear flights and stems ordered too, getting everything for the gap between seasons. goin to put my practice board up and pracitce like mad. not goin to be a tuesday night player playing in monday, goin to be monday night player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Double Top wrote: »
    hopefully my new darts arrive 2moro. getting a set of 19g unicorn stirkers. might try them out on saturday, after the boards final of course, can't give up on my wadeys. have loads of clear flights and stems ordered too, getting everything for the gap between seasons. goin to put my practice board up and pracitce like mad. not goin to be a tuesday night player playing in monday, goin to be monday night player
    (Depends on weather your new captain picks you lol )you might lose more than you win next year but i bet you play better darts mate

paulcorr wrote: »
    (Depends on weather your new captain picks you lol )you might lose more than you win next year but i bet you play better darts mate

have to remember to keep in his good books;). next year i know if i lose a match that i will have played my best,

• Advertisement

have to remember to keep in his good books;). next year i know if i lose a match that i will have played my best,
    but if you do win against the big boys the feeling you have is great keep practising have to arrange a game some nite when season is over you playing in igo comp or mckennans cup

but if you do win against the big boys the feeling you have is great keep practising have to arrange a game some nite when season is over you playing in igo comp or mckennans cup

in the McKennas cup
    what one are you in.

have to arrange some game's, no point just throwing at the board, have to play good players only was of getting better

in the McKennas cup
    what one are you in.

have to arrange some game's, no point just throwing at the board, have to play good players only was of getting better
    not playing in either yet havent been asked

not playing in either yet havent been asked

i wasn't asked just found out today

ask tony on tuesday and congrats on the promotion mate, fair play

i wasn't asked just found out today

ask tony on tuesday and congrats on the promotion mate, fair play
    we were talking about it on tues everyone i asked said they were not playing in the igo didnt know about the mckennas cup doe do you want to play in the igo wit me and one other

we were talking about it on tues everyone i asked said they were not playing in the igo didnt know about the mckennas cup doe do you want to play in the igo wit me and one other

I'll be a sub!;):D

yea mate i'd be up for that, i might be goin to coventry with ste andrews and gary gregory for some darts tourney on that date but i will see what the stroy is

yea mate i'd be up for that, i might be goin to coventry with ste andrews and gary gregory for some darts tourney on that date but i will see what the stroy is
    sure we can have a chat about it on sat and rats can be a sub no problem see if gary wants to play to gregory that is

Don't think i'll be getting my new darts 2day. don't know what time parcel post usually arrives but i am pi##ed off about it. had 3 darts parcels to be delievered one for my da (birthday present) one for a mate of mine and one for me. would of been quicker if i went over to england got my stuff and went home. and i'm low on my type of flights and stems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

mc kenna cup mid july.if you want to put team in,5 players 2 subs.you can ring the shop and put in your team. 2803970

• Advertisement

My confidence is shot for tomorrow, can't hit a single double!

I hit a 150 check-out (T20,T18,D18) against Matty84 but I still lost the match 5-4!:D

Great check out of 91 by Matty to win the game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

Kingp35 wrote: »
    My confidence is shot for tomorrow, can't hit a single double!

Your over analysing it mate just try and hit the smallest hole made from a previous dart in the double bed put more concentration into it your mind will compensate for any flaws in your follow through im telling ya darts is 95% in the head

dont beat yourself up too bad everybodys has there off days

matty84 wrote: »
    Your over analysing it mate just try and hit the smallest hole made from a previous dart in the double bed put more concentration into it your mind will compensate for any flaws in your follow through im telling ya darts is 95% in the head

dont beat yourself up too bad everybodys has there off days

Ah yeah I know it's all in the head. I get frustrated pretty easy though. I have stepped away from the board now and gonna settle down before throwing again. It's incredibly annoying when every dart you throw lands on the wire!

What about this lads, I'd say you're all jealous

Legs: 3
    100+: 0
    140+: 0
    !80+: 0
    High out:43
    Best:35

Averages
    Darts: 37
    Score: 40.62
    Check: Something over 50!:eek: I just turned of n01 by accident

I won 3-0 by the way, worst darts I've played in months!:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

john part gave me a set of his darts last tuesday,i usually use taylor purists,the grip on them is great.the grip on parts wouldn't be the best so i decided to mix and match.tonight i used the part flights on the taylor barrels with medium stems and they were going great,180's and 140's to beat the band.gonna try them in competition and see how they go.

Well im just back from the Mick Maxwell Memorials Trophy

WOW
    what a day

I got all the way to the final playing some smashing darts, i was delighted with myself. Hit 2 - 180's en route to the final, missed a bull for a 170 checkout, beat my own dad 3-1 in the quarters in one of the legs i hit a 180 then checked out 94 and then i won my semi final 3-0

Unfortunately i lost the final 4-1, i threw amazing scores but despite being first down to the doubles in ALL the legs in the final i lost 4-1, just nerves of my first final. the leg i did win i took out 78 (T18 D12)

Got a nice runners up vase, what a day

I'll have some pics up tomorrow, we had walk ons and music and i was assigned wayne mardles music, so after my quarter finals i got my hands on a hawaii shirt and lais (those flower necklaces) and sunglasses to look the part

CLASS DAY

Well im just back from the Mick Maxwell Memorials Trophy

WOW
    what a day

I got all the way to the final playing some smashing darts, i was delighted with myself. Hit 2 - 180's en route to the final, missed a bull for a 170 checkout, beat my own dad 3-1 in the quarters in one of the legs i hit a 180 then checked out 94 and then i won my semi final 3-0

Unfortunately i lost the final 4-1, i threw amazing scores but despite being first down to the doubles in ALL the legs in the final i lost 4-1, just nerves of my first final. the leg i did win i took out 78 (T18 D12)

Got a nice runners up vase, what a day

I'll have some pics up tomorrow, we had walk ons and music and i was assigned wayne mardles music, so after my quarter finals i got my hands on a hawaii shirt and lais (those flower necklaces) and sunglasses to look the part

CLASS DAY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Well played Dion, good darts the first final is always a ****er lol. Same happened me, didn't miss a double all day and than couldn't hit one to save my life in my first final. It will come though and every time u get there it gets easier. That said I've lost all six I've being in lol.

• Advertisement

Cheers Padr, ive never even won the final of a board before yesterday and i broke through that landmark and went all the way to the final

next time i'll win it

Advertisement