Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The General Talk or Moan About Your Dart Skills Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

best shot i ahve ever done, was messing with my dad, told him i could get the bull on the knee throwing the darts backwards........got it in one:D:D:D:D, wait till the next boards meet, i'm gonna put on a show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Double Top wrote: »
    best shot i ahve ever done, was messing with my dad, told him i could get the bull on the knee throwing the darts backwards........got it in one:D:D:D:D, wait till the next boards meet, i'm gonna put on a show

We'll bring this lad along aswell, should be a cracking night!;):D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfJGmo-aYmI

ratinakeg wrote: »
    We'll bring this lad along aswell, should be a cracking night!;):D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfJGmo-aYmI

impressive,maybe we and him can team up. D.T and the magician:D:D:D.

impressive,maybe we and him can team up. D.T and the magician:D:D:D.

LOL!:D:D Two magician's sharing the same oche!:eek:;):D

LOL!:D:D Two magician's sharing the same oche!:eek:;):D

you can be our lovely assistant LOL!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

you can be our lovely assistant LOL!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

A Debbie McGee kind of role?:eek::D:D Not for me D.T!:D:D

just had a game on no1,first time in ages, done it on level three

average was only 60.40 (:mad::mad::mad:muck)
    and only bet the computer 7-4 ON LEVEL 3:eek::eek::eek:

dunno how i can hit the trick shot's easy then just lose eveything

couple of days ago was hitting between 12-16 darters back to backto back.

just had a game on no1,first time in ages, done it on level three

average was only 60.40 (:mad::mad::mad:muck)
    and only bet the computer 7-4 ON LEVEL 3:eek::eek::eek:

dunno how i can hit the trick shot's easy then just lose eveything

couple of days ago was hitting between 12-16 darters back to backto back.

It just happens sometimes unfortunately!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

It because you arnt putting pressure on yourself playing level 3, you know you can beat it so instead of concentrating you relax and throw 60's instead of ton 40's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEFhgTy3eHM

My Darts walk on for my semi final

im the second one coming on to hawaii 5-0 in the hawaiian shirt, glasses and lays

Good craic

5011_1185293830868_1183923284_30559341_3355079_n.jpg

• Advertisement

im the second one coming on to hawaii 5-0 in the hawaiian shirt, glasses and lays

Good craic

Cracking video mate, that Daryl Fitton walk-on is brilliant aswell, the security should've been better for your walk-on I must say!;):D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Good craic

Jaysus man , you were in major hurry to get on stage lol . Fair play to you mate brilliant stuff :D:D

wasnt so much a hurry to get onto the stage as being ushered quickly towards the centre, when i got to the middle i did a bit of mardle esque dancing and threw the lays onto the family of the person we were there to remember and then was pushed back to the board for a photo

great craic, apparently i'll be in the local newspapers, a good days work

from 2moro on i'm only focusing on darts. i'm upping my practise from 2 to 4 hours day and not goning to stop until i get atleast 3 180's a day.

have been a little serious about my darts but i am fully commited now. every spare second is going to to be on board (might put one in my bathroom:D:D:D). am going to hit that nine darter by xmas.

from 2moro on i'm only focusing on darts. i'm upping my practise from 2 to 4 hours day and not goning to stop until i get atleast 3 180's a day.

have been a little serious about my darts but i am fully commited now. every spare second is going to to be on board (might put one in my bathroom:D:D:D). am going to hit that nine darter by xmas.

Would the board in your bathroom be at the normal height? It would not be for me!:eek::D I hope you get a nine darter with that added practise, but please don't over practise D.T as it might be bad for your game.

Would the board in your bathroom be at the normal height? It would not be for me!:eek::D I hope you get a nine darter with that added practise, but please don't over practise D.T as it might be bad for your game.

hmmmm, never thought about that, maybe 3 instead if 4 for now then build it up. going to try and find as many people to play against aswell, no point practising that much and not being able to bring it of the practoce board. cheers for the advise Rat. next boards meet you'll be seeing a whole new D.T;):D:D

hmmmm, never thought about that, maybe 3 instead if 4 for now then build it up. going to try and find as many people to play against aswell, no point practising that much and not being able to bring it of the practoce board. cheers for the advise Rat. next boards meet you'll be seeing a whole new D.T;):D:D

A new D.T, I might not turn up!:D:D:D I'll have a look at my work timetable for next week, hopefully we can get a game in, I'm sick of playing against me mates as I play crap against them and I win 95% of the games and I never concentrate against them and all the the games are just for the laugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

Lads ive decided im not gonna use dartpro anymore as im putting too much emphasis on my dart average as anytime im averaging in the mid 70's I tend to say to myself "im playing great here usually its mid 60 average for me" then my hand starts to shake and I make a balls of it and start to throw badly:eek::confused::confused:

Gonna practice on no1 every day now for a good hour or 2 and switch the 3dart average off on it (only switching it back on after each game to see my end average) this is gonna be my regime for the next few weeks (hopefully:rolleyes:)

Play a tournament on no1

level 3 will be rd1 best of 7
    level4 will be rd2 best of 7
    level5 will be last 16 best of 9
    level6 will be Q/F best of 11
    level7 will be S/F best of 13
    level 8 will be the FINAL:D Best of 13

And in between each game (if i win) ill take a half n hour break before ill play my next round match and im also going to play at the same pace i would a normal game, ie. wait around 10 seconds after each throw just to try and recreate the normal pace of a game playing an apponent

Hope it works:pac::pac::D:D

I was practicing on N01 last night, and i was playing decent, averaging 60, but would have been higher had i been more clinical on doubles, i was playing level 4 on N01

Won 9-7 and 9-7, Level 4 averaged 60 too, i hit 25 ton's and 15 -140's and 2 - 180's, he hit 3 - 180's and 10 - 140's and 15 - 100's

This was Level 4, i was shocked that i had to produce continuous magic legs to beat him

I was on a 12 darter 5 times only for my doubles to let me down
    missed bull for a 170 checkout again

Here's me first tournament results pathetic stuff really but i do seem to play better later in the day so there's still hope:o:o

Round 1
    4-0 3 D.Ave 58.37
    Highest Checkout- 120

Round 2
    BEATEN 4-3 3D.Ave 57.72
    Highest Checkout- 118

Checkout % did me in that game 3/20=15%
    Just not good enough, bent the double 10 wire 3 times for the win, plus i messed the bull twice for a 164, 161 checkout hitting the 25 once and a 3 the other time:mad:

Thats shocking stuff by me I should of warmed up for 20 minutes or so instead of going straight into the games without a practice dart at all,, ah well ill be better next time:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

I am feckin' ****e !, played no1 on level 7 and lost 15 legs in a row.

Level 7 is a good chucker

Should be averaging up towards 70ish

Wouldnt be too worried, just leave the boards for a while and come back at it fresh

i went 2-0 up against Level 9, then it murdered me, ended 9-2, but i had the odd shot at doubles, which i was happy with , if i can score with level 9 and get a chance im playing fairly well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Level 7 is a good chucker

Should be averaging up towards 70ish

Wouldnt be too worried, just leave the boards for a while and come back at it fresh

i went 2-0 up against Level 9, then it murdered me, ended 9-2, but i had the odd shot at doubles, which i was happy with , if i can score with level 9 and get a chance im playing fairly well

I usually beat level 7 fairly comfortably :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

You have two good idea's there Matty. I tend to look at my average a lot as well and focus on that rather than beating the computer. I am going to turn it off and only look at it at the end of the game.

Also great idea for the little tournament thing. I am definitely going to give this a go and see how I get on.

Just had 3 cans while playing the past 2 hours and have hit 5 180's thats a record for me in a day, but to hit 5 in 2 hours im delighted:D

Havent drank while playing darts in ages, ill hace to do it more often:D:D

had a long game against NO1(level 4): played 43 legs and i'm wrecked
    Disappointed with the end average. last two sets i was easily averaging in the 80's, have to work on my doubles aswell
    ME
    SETS: 2
    TON: 58
    100+: 47
    140+: 11
    180: 0:(:(:(:(
    HIGH OUT: 128
    BEST: 14
    WORST: 31

DARTS: 21.71
    SCORE: 67.33
    FIRST 9: 67.35
    CHECK:29.17
    (21/72)

also hit a 123(19,T18,bull),102 x2(5,T19,D20/T20,10,D16),80 (5,25,bull)
    116(T20,16,D20)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

I took a break from darts for about 6 weeks because my doubles were killing me. So i came back Friday evening and had the same problem (averaged 38 in one game:eek:) So decided to go back to level 2 for a while, get more shots at doubles and try to get my confidence back up. Went 2 - 0 down in sets but came back to win 3 - 2 but my doubles were still cat... Level 2 played unreal for the first 2 sets... averaging 52 and took out 92, 93 and 100.....

I'm going to play it again tomorrow and looking forward to it because i played a practice game against myself yesterday (without the aid of no1) and hit 6 doubles out of 10 which i'm pretty pleased with... wish me luck!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I was the same as you Degag, couldn't hit a double to save my life but i beat N01 yesterday with a checkout percentage of 45% which I'm sure the Pro's would be happy with :)

What I have done is at the start of your practice session play a few games of Bobs 27, then start from 60 and have three darts to try and finish it. Even if you miss, move on to 61 and try finish that and so on up until 100. See how many you can finish. And finally try give N01 a game first to 5 on 301 though. This should mean you get more shots at doubles and will give you good practice. Worked for me so hopefully will for you too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

I think that i'm going to turn off the scoring and finishing averages also because i think alot of the problem lies in me looking at the screen and seeing such poor averages. When i look at the screen and see such a poor average, i start believing that i can't hit the double.....

• Advertisement

Yep I did that too because of Matty's advise. i was all about my three dart average, I was concentrating on getting that as high as I could and not beating the computer. The day I turned it off I beat N01 and had my highest ever average. Obviously it works!

Advertisement