Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The General Talk or Moan About Your Dart Skills Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

Its just amazing what a couple of days can do in darts, couldnt miss a thing on saturday peppering the lipstick on the 20's, but i came back to the board yesterday for a game against my brother, he beat me 5-2, 7-3, and 3-0 i was all over the place just felt like i was throwing with someone elses arm, still averaged around 64 each time with my first 9 darts which aint too bad,(my finishing was disgusting, ended up averaging 51) but i was hitting T20 then high into single 1 and even hitting 18's all over the shop isnt the word:eek::eek: but the worst thing was when i got down to a checkout (between 130-170) i kept thinking about taking them out but hitting stupid scores like 26,15,40 etc, and even worse when i was on a 2darter i couldnt even hit the single to leave me on a double, its like i just kept on thinking too much about winning/loosing, :eek::confused::confused: its so annoying i swear i wanted to loaf the board off the wall:mad::mad::rolleyes:

Thats my rant over had to get that off me chest:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Its a credit that you played like that and averaged 51

Postives Postives Postives !

Its a credit that you played like that and averaged 51

Postives Postives Postives !

Suppose your right mate theres no pointing beating myself up over it, its just horrible when your on a double and you've no confidence at all hitting the bleedind thing:mad:

ah here listen you've just got to forget those legs

I had a leg where i went 140, 140, 123 leaving me on 98, i hit T20 with my 10th dart

and finished with a 23 darter

laugh at life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Played 15 legs against level8 on N01
    Lost 8-7
    ME;
    LEGS 7
    100+ 17
    140+ 6
    180's 2
    high out 170
    best leg 15(Twice)
    Ave darts 19.71
    Ave score 73.51
    Checkout 7/28=25%

Computer;
    Legs 8
    100+ 26
    140+ 5
    180's 1
    high out 156
    best 15
    Ave darts 19.25
    Ave score 73.36
    Checkout 8/23=34.78%

Im Happy with that despite losing :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

After changing my throw, i usually have four fingers on the dart (two on the barrell and two on the point) but i'm after taking a finger off the point and it's really working for me, darts are going in must strighter and easier to under/over stack them:D:D:D:D

this new training i'm doing finally starting to pay off

Double Top wrote: »
    After changing my throw, i usually have four fingers on the dart (two on the barrell and two on the point) but i'm after taking a finger off the point and it's really working for me, darts are going in must strighter and easier to under/over stack them:D:D:D:D

this new training i'm doing finally starting to pay off

Hi mate do you think theres a disadvantage of holding the dart on the point because i grip wit my middle finger just on the end of the point and the start of the barrell with my index finger and thumb just behind my middle piggy:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Was playing against me mate just there and I'm still in shock!:eek::eek::eek: I started off 180 all in the right corner of the treble, another 180 followed all darts in the left corner of the treble, suddenly I'm on for a 9 darter!:eek: I then hit T20 followed by a damn 5!!:(:mad: After 9 darts I was down to 57 which is my best ever and I'm still delighted though!:D:D Bad thing though is that I finished on D1 after 19 darts!:(

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Was playing against me mate just there and I'm still in shock!:eek::eek::eek: I started off 180 all in the right corner of the treble, another 180 followed all darts in the left corner of the treble, suddenly I'm on for a 9 darter!:eek: I then hit T20 followed by a damn 5!!:(:mad: After 9 darts I was down to 57 which is my best ever and I'm still delighted though!:D:D Bad thing though is that I finished on D1 after 19 darts!:(

Question bud , Why were ya going up top and hit a 5 if you had thrown 7 perfect darts???????:confused::confused::confused:

Daffy501 wrote: »
    Question bud , Why were ya going up top and hit a 5 if you had thrown 7 perfect darts???????:confused::confused::confused:

Sorry Daffy, excuse me my 7th dart was T19 then a S5!:o Maybe I've T20 on the mind!

• Advertisement

Sorry Daffy, excuse me my 7th dart was T19 then a S5!:o Maybe I've T20 on the mind!

LOL i thought i was losing the plot there , i read your post about 4 times just to make sure :D

Savage darts anyway mate , keep em up !!

LOL i thought i was losing the plot there , i read your post about 4 times just to make sure :D

Savage darts anyway mate , keep em up !!

Cheers Daffy, I still can't believe it!:eek: Seriously I can barely even talk right now!

matty84 wrote: »
    Hi mate do you think theres a disadvantage of holding the dart on the point because i grip wit my middle finger just on the end of the point and the start of the barrell with my index finger and thumb just behind my middle piggy:o

the only disadvantage that i have seen is when you get new darts, the point is usually very slippy so they would fly out of my had. I usually rub a bit of sandpaper on them to take the shine off them.

i personally think holding the point gives you more control over the dart

unbelieveably darts mate, have never been on for the 9 darter myself. might have to call in sick when were due to play you's in the league:D:D:D

Fair play rat, ive hit the back to back 180's myself, but never have i hit the 7th dart, the minute i step up all i have in my head is

9 DARTER!!!
    9 DARTER!!!
    9 DARTER!!!
    9 DARTER!!!
    9 DARTER!!!
    9 DARTER!!!

And then i balls it up :D

Fair play rat, ive hit the back to back 180's myself, but never have i hit the 7th dart, the minute i step up all i have in my head is

9 DARTER!!!
    9 DARTER!!!
    9 DARTER!!!
    9 DARTER!!!
    9 DARTER!!!
    9 DARTER!!!

Double Top wrote: »
    unbelieveably darts mate, have never been on for the 9 darter myself. might have to call in sick when were due to play you's in the league:D:D:D

LOL!:D:D:D We all know it's a differant story in league matches so no need to call in sick D.T!;):D

9 DARTER!!!
    9 DARTER!!!
    9 DARTER!!!
    9 DARTER!!!
    9 DARTER!!!
    9 DARTER!!!

Cheers mate, The adrenalin of it all was imense, my mate was telling me to calm down before my 7th shot and when I hit that I was shaking so much that my 8th dart was way off, ah well!:(:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Great stuff rat, the most I ever got was 4 perfect darts so I am well off the 9 darter!

Just bought myself a new Eclipse Pro

Yes!

• Advertisement

I must say that I'm in the form of my life over the last few days, I'm absolutely delighted! Just after finishing a marathon game (best of 7 legs, best of 7 sets)against Daffy in which I lost but still very happy apart from a small slump mid game. I scored about 35 100+'s, only about 6 or 7 140+'s and three 180's, not so good compared to Daffy's record but I'm really happy with my average of 70 over so many games!:D For those who are interested Daffy won 4-3 in sets and 4-2 in the last set.:D

Absolutly brilliant game with ratinakeg this afternoon !!! A titanic struggle to say the least lol. We both played really well.

Stats:
    Ratinakeg
    sets 3
    100+ 37
    140+ 4
    180's 3
    couldnt see his average score but must have been around 70/72

Daffy501
    sets 4
    100+ 44
    140+ 24
    180's 7
    Average score 75.72

These stats were over roughly 33 legs of darts !!

Glad to be able to say i won that match :D:D
    Fair play to rat , ya played a blinder mate

Absolutly brilliant game with ratinakeg this afternoon !!! A titanic struggle to say the least lol. We both played really well.

Stats:
    Ratinakeg
    sets 3
    100+ 37
    140+ 4
    180's 3
    couldnt see his average score but must have been around 70/72

Daffy501
    sets 4
    100+ 44
    140+ 24
    180's 7
    Average score 75.72

These stats were over roughly 33 legs of darts !!

Glad to be able to say i won that match :D:D
    Fair play to rat , ya played a blinder mate

Cheers Daffy, I only got 4 140's ah well never mind!:D

just played 9 legs against N01 on Lvl 12

i lost 9-0

N01 in 9 legs averaged 121.86
    100+ 6
    140+ 14
    180 5
    high out 96
    best leg 10 darts
    worst leg 14 darts

i averaged a paltry 69 and never got a shot

just played 9 legs against N01 on Lvl 12

i lost 9-0

N01 in 9 legs averaged 121.86
    100+ 6
    140+ 14
    180 5
    high out 96
    best leg 10 darts
    worst leg 14 darts

i averaged a paltry 69 and never got a shot

Level 12 sounds better than Taylor on form:eek: LOL, when I saw your post I just said what is the point in playing level 12!:confused::eek::D

lol mainly just to see

im gonna drop a level now to 11 and see what it averages

Ok
    Level 11
    100+ 17
    140+ 7
    180 2
    high out 110

Avg 105.68

i averaged 66

Ok
    Level 11
    100+ 17
    140+ 7
    180 2
    high out 110

Avg 105.68

i averaged 66

LOL:D:D:D

Keep us updated, this is brilliant stuff!:D

ok Level 10

lost 9-1

He averaged 91
    i averaged 68.57

i took out 72 (D20, D16) to win my only leg

he hit
    100+ 21
    140+ 8
    180 1

High out was 121, best leg 12 darts, worst 19, my leg was a 17 darter and i hit 1 - 180, my first of the 3 levels ive played

• Advertisement

had a good game of No1

lost 15-7 on level 4

averaged 70.94

100+ 21
    140+ 12
    180 0
    high out 80.

might of lost but i have found out whats wrong with me game at the moment. 1) too many 81/85's instead of ton's
    2) when i get down to around 200 i think too much of the outshot and it wrecks my game, should of won about another 5-6 legs but my set up was terrible

Advertisement