Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The General Talk or Moan About Your Dart Skills Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

To many 81's and 85's often happen to me. I call it a result of getting greedy! You have 80 with 2 darts and you think of a big 140 score and end up missing the 20 altogether.
    I got into a habit a while back of just going for a single 19 with the last dart and making sure of a 99 score. Do this 3 times in a game and you have on average about an extra 50 points scored.
    None of us should miss a single number and that is why you will hit the 19 each time.
    Give it a try. I worked for me and I attribute some wins I had against players that would be the same or a bit better than me to this tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

greened wrote: »
    To many 81's and 85's often happen to me. I call it a result of getting greedy! You have 80 with 2 darts and you think of a big 140 score and end up missing the 20 altogether.
    I got into a habit a while back of just going for a single 19 with the last dart and making sure of a 99 score. Do this 3 times in a game and you have on average about an extra 50 points scored.
    None of us should miss a single number and that is why you will hit the 19 each time.
    Give it a try. I worked for me and I attribute some wins I had against players that would be the same or a bit better than me to this tactic.

think i might be getting a littl greedy, but it's always the last dart, i will start trying that technique, cheers for the advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Double Top wrote: »
    think i might be getting a littl greedy, but it's always the last dart, i will start trying that technique, cheers for the advice

Jesus there are loads of lads i know would be happy wit scoring loads of 81s and 85s.:D:D:D

paulcorr wrote: »
    Jesus there are loads of lads i know would be happy wit scoring loads of 81s and 85s.:D:D:D

i'm not one of them mate:D:D:D:D, next season in my eyes is ton+ or nothing:p:p:p

i'm not one of them mate:D:D:D:D, next season in my eyes is ton+ or nothing:p:p:p

Thats the only way to think!! used to play witha few lads years ago in the pub each week and they could never understand why I used to be unhappy when I would hit 85.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Played against a mate last night for 3 and1/2 hours in total. Format was best of 7 sets , best of 7 legs per set. Lost that one 4 sets to 2 :mad::mad:

Played again straight after that best of 21 legs and lost that 11-9 :mad::mad:

Hit in the region of 70 100+ , 22 140+ , 9 180's but couldnt hit a double to save my life !! Really annoying seeing as i was beating the T20 mercilessly:(:(.

As the old saying goes " Scoring for show , Doubles for dough "

So im gonna beat the S**t out o' the doubles tonight :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

greened wrote: »

I gave ur idea a go last night against a friend of mine, i think this works brilliant didnt hit one 85 or 81 for the 2 hours we played. cheers mate:p

jamesbere wrote: »
    I gave ur idea a go last night against a friend of mine, i think this works brilliant didnt hit one 85 or 81 for the 2 hours we played. cheers mate:p

no bother. that why we all post here, to try and help each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Just after being hammered 20-5 by Double Top but I thoroughly enjoyed the game playing against a great player. None of us produced our A game but nevertheless some flashes of brilliance mostly from D.T!:(:D Only way of getting better is playing against better players than you.

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Just after being hammered 20-5 by Double Top but I thoroughly enjoyed the game playing against a great player. None of us produced our A game but nevertheless some flashes of brilliance mostly from D.T!:(:D Only way of getting better is playing against better players than you.

cheers mate, really enjoyed it, got 2 180's with my new darts so i'm happy:D:D:D. like you said neither of us played our A-game, have to play more people of this site face to face, only way to do it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

cheers mate, really enjoyed it, got 2 180's with my new darts so i'm happy:D:D:D. like you said neither of us played our A-game, have to play more people of this site face to face, only way to do it

Speaking of new darts im waiting on my new set ordered them off dartscorner monday cant wait 2 try them out, i also got mini standard flights looking forward to seeing what them flights are like too, im like a kid waiting for santa to come, waiting on the postman:p:p:D

matty84 wrote: »
    Speaking of new darts im waiting on my new set ordered them off dartscorner monday cant wait 2 try them out, i also got mini standard flights looking forward to seeing what them flights are like too, im like a kid waiting for santa to come, waiting on the postman:p:p:D

i got a set of the mini stardard flights, i couldn't believe how small they are and they actually work:eek::eek::D:D.

your the same as meself mate, i was all excited bout getting my new darts. nearly went a tackled the postman when they didn't arrive yesterday:p:p:p

i got a set of the mini stardard flights, i couldn't believe how small they are and they actually work:eek::eek::D:D.

your the same as meself mate, i was all excited bout getting my new darts. nearly went a tackled the postman when they didn't arrive yesterday:p:p:p

Hahahaha good one my postman is well over 6 foot and has arms like tree trunks so i wont be going down that route, i think he's miss trunchbulls (out of matilda) love child:D:D

I also got them tridents that go on the end of your point/start of barrell did u ever use them??

Hahahaha good one my postman is well over 6 foot and has arms like tree trunks so i wont be going down that route, i think he's miss trunchbulls (out of matilda) love child:D:D

I also got them tridents that go on the end of your point/start of barrell did u ever use them??

i'm using them at the moment and there a life saver, they really do save your flights from being damaged, i've had a set of flights that i use just for practice and there still near perfect after six months of wear and tear.

i'm using them at the moment and there a life saver, they really do save your flights from being damaged, i've had a set of flights that i use just for practice and there still near perfect after six months of wear and tear.

Sounds like i need these !! Im going thru 2 sets a week at the moment. Put a brand new set on last night and after 3 hours practice they were wrecked:(

Do they really work??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Daffy501 wrote: »
    Sounds like i need these !! Im going thru 2 sets a week at the moment. Put a brand new set on last night and after 3 hours practice they were wrecked:(

Do they really work??

They do, I've been using them for about 3 months and only used 2 setsof flights.

They do, I've been using them for about 3 months and only used 2 setsof flights.

Gonna get some then !!!! Cheers mate

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Never even heard of these trident things. Where do I get them?

Kingp35 wrote: »

you get them on darts corner, ther about €3 for a set of 12
    ever dart player should have them

http://www.dartscorner.co.uk/p4853/Dart-Accessories---Trident-180---Dart-Point-Cones---%3Cb%3EBlack%3C/b%3E/product_info.html

this is them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Kingp35 wrote: »

http://www.a180.co.uk/shop/product.php?xProd=1424

TRIDENT%20180%20Thumb.JPG

• Advertisement

Not a great match earlier between me and D.T earlier up in my place with me hitting too much poxy 5's and D.T missing a good few doubles earlier on in the game but the the scoring stats read not too bad;

My stats;

100+: 20
    140+: 2
    180's: 0:( I had a few chances, nevermind:)

Double Top stats;

100+: 24
    140+: 4
    180's: 2 with his brand new darts, brilliant D.T!:D

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Not a great match earlier between me and D.T earlier up in my place with me hitting too much poxy 5's and D.T missing a good few doubles earlier on in the game but the the scoring stats read not too bad;

My stats;

100+: 20
    140+: 2
    180's: 0:( I had a few chances, nevermind:)

Double Top stats;

100+: 24
    140+: 4
    180's: 2 with his brand new darts, brilliant D.T!:D

cheers mate, i havn't hit a 180 with my james wade's in about 2-3 weeks. i think these new one's are keepers. we were very close on the stats but like you said too many 5's and 1's for you and double trouble for me (did finish the last game on double top just to rub it in though:P:P:P)

cheers mate, i havn't hit a 180 with my james wade's in about 2-3 weeks. i think these new one's are keepers. we were very close on the stats but like you said too many 5's and 1's for you and double trouble for me (did finish the last game on double top just to rub it in though:P:P:P)

You had to do it, damn show off!:D:D:D I'll get you back soon I promise!:eek::D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

Jeez lads thats great darts, over how many legs was that? I had 5 180's in games tonight, 10+ 140's but had 15 legs for the compo... can't remember the exact number but went through 5 rounds all best of 5

swalsh wrote: »
    Jeez lads thats great darts, over how many legs was that? I had 5 180's in games tonight, 10+ 140's but had 15 legs for the compo... can't remember the exact number but went through 5 rounds all best of 5

we played 25 legs.

some great darts thrown by you too mate, 5 180's:eek::eek: fair play

we played 25 legs.

some great darts thrown by you too mate, 5 180's:eek::eek: fair play

5 180's is brilliant in one night, I could only dream of that! If only I could produce my form of last week against you D.T I probably could of got a few more legs from you, I'm still in dreamland after hitting 7 perfect darts!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

I haven't been playing too well over the last few weeks but tonight I hit form. Those 180's were in games, no messing but I hit 10-13 all together! Had a great night tonight but it was made better by the lads supporting me and telling me that I had a good night.

It is probably the most satisfying night I have had in a while just because of the reaction I had of the the guys that were there, a lot of them stayed for the final because of the potential for a great match and gladly it was. I may of won it 3-1 but it was unreal darts and a great match, and an absolute joy to play in it and I reckon that even if the result went the other way I would still say the same.

The guy I playd tonight, Ciaran (can't remember his surname but he is only 19) will be a feature in the Galway team for many years to come and at least I caught him tonight because once he settles down I reckon very few will catch him in the years to come....well hopefully for Galway's sake

There we go lads first 180 with these new darts, there great:D:D

111jof6.jpg

:D:D

Ps looking at that picture I tink i need a new dartboard i only have the thing 4 bleeding months:mad:

• Advertisement

Nice 180 with the new darts Matty, first of many me thinks! The board looks ok to me in the pic!

Advertisement