Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The General Talk or Moan About Your Dart Skills Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

just had a quick game of No1 (level 4)

7-4 to me

100+ 17
    140+ 2
    180 0
    high out 129 (T19,T16,D12)
    average: 66.37

double's killing me again, but am very happy with my darts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

just set up my lap top beside board and played best darts of my life against n01 on lvl7.

Best of 15

Me:
    Legs - 8
    100+ - 21
    140+ - 4
    180's - 1
    High Out - 100
    Best Leg - 11

Darts per game - 17.88
    3 Dart Average - 80.15
    First 9 Average - 92.39
    Checkout - 30.77

N01:
    Legs - 4
    100+ - 13
    140+ - 4
    180's - 1
    High Out - 75
    Best Leg - 17

Darts per game - 20
    3 Dart Average - 73.23
    First 9 Average - 79.06
    Checkout - 21.05

i could of beaten it far easier and averaged much higher but I lost interest after going 5-1 up. first 6 legs I hit at least 18 ton +'s, last few started to drift into the 5's and miss doubles. thrilled with the 11 darter 140, 121, 140 and took out 100 in 2 darts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

padr81 wrote: »
    just set up my lap top beside board and played best darts of my life against n01 on lvl7.

Best of 15

Me:
    Legs - 8
    100+ - 21
    140+ - 4
    180's - 1
    High Out - 100
    Best Leg - 11

Darts per game - 17.88
    3 Dart Average - 80.15
    First 9 Average - 92.39
    Checkout - 30.77

N01:
    Legs - 4
    100+ - 13
    140+ - 4
    180's - 1
    High Out - 75
    Best Leg - 17

Darts per game - 20
    3 Dart Average - 73.23
    First 9 Average - 79.06
    Checkout - 21.05

i could of beaten it far easier and averaged much higher but I lost interest after going 5-1 up. first 6 legs I hit at least 18 ton +'s, last few started to drift into the 5's and miss doubles. thrilled with the 11 darter 140, 121, 140 and took out 100 in 2 darts.

That is some cracking darts, please tell me you are not in the second tier of the boards league!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

it was a once off believe me, i've only averaged over 70 twice since the last boards tournie and i've bein as low as 50 at times. Really struggled thats why im so happy with this, hopefully i can at least play steady darts now. Was at 92 or so for the first 5 legs than started to drop.

Back to 67 today but i'm happy enough with that compared to the rubbish i have being throwing.

Right I'm going to practise now for about 3 hours as I need it with a few tournaments coming up next weekend, I don't want to make a show of myself. I'll try that Bob's 27 and post up my results for the laugh! I'll try playing against level 8 on number 1 to see how I get on!:o:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

What tournaments are you playing in rat?

Kingp35 wrote: »
    What tournaments are you playing in rat?

The one in the Tassie on the 1st of Aug definate and probably the next day down in Rathdrum depending on how much I drink on that Saturday night!:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I thought the Tassie competition was just for lads that play in the Dun Laoghaire Borough Leagues?

I thought the Tassie competition was just for lads that play in the Dun Laoghaire Borough Leagues?

Seeing that I'm joining the Fishing Club next season I'm allowed play, happy days!:D:D

Just after practising for over 2 hours against n01, started off on level 1 all the way up until I got beaten. Here is my stats;

v level 1
    won 2-0
    100+: 1
    140+: 0
    180's: 0
    High out: 60
    Best: 24

Averages
    Darts: 25.00
    Score: 60.12
    Check: 50.00

v level 2
    won 2-1
    100+: 3
    140+: 1
    High out: 56
    Best: 17

Averages
    Darts: 20.00
    Score: 70.60
    Check: 100.00

v level 3
    won 3-0
    High out: 40
    Best: 18

Averages
    Darts: 24.33
    Score: 61.77
    Check: 23.08

v level 4
    won 3-1
    100+: 2
    High out: 96
    Best: 21

Averages
    Darts: 23.67
    Score: 61.04
    Check: 42.86

v level 5
    won 3-0
    High out: 57
    Best: 21

Averages
    Darts: 25.00
    Score: 60.12
    Check: 23.08

v level 6
    won 3-2
    100+: 6
    High out: 50
    Best: 17

Averages
    Darts: 20.00
    Score: 71.91
    Check: 27.27

v level 7
    won 3-2
    100+: 4
    High out: 86
    Best: 20

Averages
    Darts: 20.33
    Score: 72.10

v level 8
    lost 3-1
    180's: 1
    High out: 46
    Best: 18

Averages
    Darts: 18.00
    Score: 72.42

Happy with that practising, now time for a beer!:D

• Advertisement

Good stuff rat. Believe it or not I still have not been able to beat Level 6 although I play first to 8 legs so it's a little harder.

Your finishing seems very good. Have you been working on your doubles?

Good stuff rat. Believe it or not I still have not been able to beat Level 6 although I play first to 8 legs so it's a little harder.

Your finishing seems very good. Have you been working on your doubles?

Cheers KingP, it was just a good day for me on me doubles but I do practise Bob's 27 or round the board before playing n01 most days now. Won't get in any practise today as I'm in work at 4, I'll try my new training regime tomorrow!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Decided to see if i could get a set of darts that matched my own and failed miserably :( They are not being made anymore and i cant find anyone who has anything like them so i have had to get a brand new set ( first ones in 18 years )
    Found these in a little shop in Clacton-on-sea for £19.99 and they seem to be going great. Was able to throw a few sets in the shop where i got them. Was there for an hour throwing darts and settled on Target t0.1 ( below). 21 g and a nice grip on them so here to hours and hours of practice to get used to them :DT001ST.jpg

Daffy501 wrote: »
    Decided to see if i could get a set of darts that matched my own and failed miserably :( They are not being made anymore and i cant find anyone who has anything like them so i have had to get a brand new set ( first ones in 18 years )
    Found these in a little shop in Clacton-on-sea for £19.99 and they seem to be going great. Was able to throw a few sets in the shop where i got them. Was there for an hour throwing darts and settled on Target t0.1 ( below). 21 g and a nice grip on them so here to hours and hours of practice to get used to them :DT001ST.jpg

sorry to hear that there not making your darts anymore

there a great set of darts, have tried them meself.

god help us Daffy with better darts:p:p:p:p

Double Top wrote: »
    sorry to hear that there not making your darts anymore

there a great set of darts, have tried them meself.

god help us Daffy with better darts:p:p:p:p

I'll still kick your arses with 6inch nails girls, LOL!!!!!!!:D:D:D:p:p:p

They do look a great dart though!

ratinakeg wrote: »
    I'll still kick your arses with 6inch nails girls, LOL!!!!!!!:D:D:D:p:p:p

Bring it on sister !!!! :p:p:D:D:D

Daffy501 wrote: »
    Bring it on sister !!!! :p:p:D:D:D

LOL!!!:D:D Handbags at dawn time!:pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

im finally back

onto the practice board tomorrow, i expect to be woeful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Finally went back to playing level 3 this afternoon and got a satisfactory 7-7 draw after having 2 darts for an 8-6 win. Averages weren't impressive but improved on previous performances and i feel like i'm getting back to form. Think it has to do with forgetting about the averages during the game and concentrating on my opponant.

I'm gonna try the round by round practise on n01 now in a minute, I'll post the stats up on the n01 stats thread for the laugh!:o:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

just back in from the shed

decided to play rats round by round but a slight different way, best of 5, levels 1-10, so first to 3 wins a set, i beat levels 1 2 and 3 3-0, then my finishing let me down a bit, lost 3-2, 3-2 to levels 4 and 5, i beat level 6 3-2, then lost 3-2 to level 7 putting it at 4 sets to 3 to me

i was then whitewashed by levels 8 9 and 10 to lose 6-4 in sets, though i played rather well

hit 4 - 180's during the session, my most in 1 nights throwing, overall tournament average of 60.05

just back in from the shed

decided to play rats round by round but a slight different way, best of 5, levels 1-10, so first to 3 wins a set, i beat levels 1 2 and 3 3-0, then my finishing let me down a bit, lost 3-2, 3-2 to levels 4 and 5, i beat level 6 3-2, then lost 3-2 to level 7 putting it at 4 sets to 3 to me

i was then whitewashed by levels 8 9 and 10 to lose 6-4 in sets, though i played rather well

hit 4 - 180's during the session, my most in 1 nights throwing, overall tournament average of 60.05

I think that was Degag's idea but anyhow it's a good test as you play against all levels, I'll give it a shot again tomorrow. Nice showing on the 180's dionsiseire!

ratinakeg wrote: »
    I think that was Degag's idea but anyhow it's a good test as you play against all levels, I'll give it a shot again tomorrow. Nice showing on the 180's dionsiseire!

Doubt it was my idea mate cause i can't beat level 3 let alone anything else!!*! I was actually going to post that i had problems getting my rhytem going but this could be a good way of getting past it. I may try this tomorrow. Hopefully by playing levels 1 and 2 i will be ready for Level 3....

*Then again i have come up with moments of brilliance in drunken moments in the past!

Degag wrote: »
    Doubt it was my idea mate cause i can't beat level 3 let alone anything else!!*! I was actually going to post that i had problems getting my rhytem going but this could be a good way of getting past it. I may try this tomorrow. Hopefully by playing levels 1 and 2 i will be ready for Level 3....

*Then again i have come up with moments of brilliance in drunken moments in the past!

LOL!:D I have confidence in you, you'll hammer level 3 out of it tomorrow!;)

I know somebody said it on here but I can't remember who? Damn it my memory is bad and I'm only 28!:eek::D:D

It was Matty's idea lads, and a great idea it is!

Have not touched a dart today but I'll try get some practise tonight. Was playing against me mate yesterday, rubbish from both of us apart from a 148 checkout by him and during some other leg I scored 140 followed by a 108 checkout! Hurry up 6pm, I need practise!

Played a mate last night best of 5 sets , best of 15 per set. Won 3-0 in sets(8-6 , 8-4, 8-4) but they were pretty tight games all the way thru. Changed my darts recently , am now throwing with a medium length stem as opposed to the long(which i have used since i started throwing) and im getting along great with them!!

my accuracy has improved with the short stems so it can only get better from now on :D , i dunno why i didnt try this years ago :confused:

Degag wrote: »

Well i did this today.... beat level 1 8-3, beat level 2 8-5 and lost 8-6 to level 3.

Went 7-0 up against level 1 with a 48 average and 30% checkout but lost my concentration a bit and let him win 3 in a row. Finished with a 46 average and 18% average. Felt pretty good and it got my confidence up.

Level 2 started dodgily for me. Went 4-2 down even tough i was averaging over 50. Got it back with a 110 checkout and also wired a 119 finish. Finished with a 45 average and 16% checkout.

Played really well against level 3. Was averaging 52 up until the 10th leg until a hash of missed doubles brought it down. Had a 180 in a leg but was countered by the comp having 2 140's. Comp was also averaging 56 at this point. Went 7-3 down and nearly got the draw but wired 3 darts at double 4 to get it. Averaged 47 with only a 12% Check but overall was pretty happy with how i played. Playing the warm-up games really helps.

I deserve a kick in the teeth, i should never of changed my darts. it was only for a few weeks but i shouldn't of even thought of it, went back to my wade's today and have hit 3 180's, a 177 and about 5 100 finishes. if i ever mention on this forum bout changing my darts you have my permission to kick me very very hard in the face:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Double Top wrote: »
    I deserve a kick in the teeth, i should never of changed my darts. it was only for a few weeks but i shouldn't of even thought of it, went back to my wade's today and have hit 3 180's, a 177 and about 5 100 finishes. if i ever mention on this forum bout changing my darts you have my permission to kick me very very hard in the face:D:D:D:D

LOL!!!:D:D I can do that tomorrow if you want D.T!;):D:D:p

Great darts by the way D.T!:D

Advertisement