Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The General Talk or Moan About Your Dart Skills Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

a break away often works wonders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Yes, because throwing for sake of it is no good if off form, just make you demoralised. Better to take break n return refreshed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

Had a really topnight at the board last night. Myself and a mate decided to get away from the house boards and try a local pub which has just put a dartboard up.

Scored really heavily and the doubles started going in regularly. Had 7 180's and countless 140's as well as a number of 100+ finishes.
    Won the match and won it well.

Pleased as punch with my form at the minute :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Daffy501 wrote: »
    Had a really topnight at the board last night. Myself and a mate decided to get away from the house boards and try a local pub which has just put a dartboard up.

Scored really heavily and the doubles started going in regularly. Had 7 180's and countless 140's as well as a number of 100+ finishes.
    Won the match and won it well.

Pleased as punch with my form at the minute :):)

Top Class Daffy! Hope you can bring that form into your next tourney (apart from the next boards tournie;):p)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Finally out of my slump, had a great game of darts with S.T.D Ste today and we tore lumps out of eachother, he won 20-18 but i played great darts and my finishing was back to normal. think thats all i needed a long session with a top player who would push me all the way, ready for this sunday

• Advertisement

Double Top wrote: »
    Finally out of my slump, had a great game of darts with S.T.D Ste today and we tore lumps out of eachother, he won 20-18 but i played great darts and my finishing was back to normal. think thats all i needed a long session with a top player who would push me all the way, ready for this sunday

Good luck D.T and all you lads involved!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

how bloody long was that going on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

Its was a cracking game with d.t yesterday he even went five legs ahead of me at one stage but i threw solid double and some crazy finishes to knock him back you liked my 92 finish and 76 didn't you d.t

S.T.D Ste wrote: »
    Its was a cracking game with d.t yesterday he even went five legs ahead of me at one stage but i threw solid double and some crazy finishes to knock him back you liked my 92 finish and 76 didn't you d.t

your a cheeky bas***d going that way but like you said "YOU WAS ON FIRE!!!":D:D:D

Back on form today, probably because I had a good sleep last night and I feel refreshed. Hit two 15 darters and when practising clock I finished it quick enough so happy again!:D:D:D

• Advertisement

You where right lads, a few days away from the dartboard can be a god send!

ratinakeg wrote: »
    You where right lads, a few days away from the dartboard can be a god send!

great to hear you back on form mate, seem's like we both went off the boil and back on it at the same time......weird:p:p:p

great to hear you back on form mate, seem's like we both went off the boil and back on it at the same time......weird:p:p:p

It's weird alright, pity I never entered that tourney on Sunday. Ah well. Was depressed with my form last week but I had a bad week away from darts, life seems better this week! Going for more practise now!:)

Just played for about 30mins there and the amount of 100's I scored was amazing for me! I'm getting used to my new Jelle Klaasens 25g today, hopefully better to come. I'm delighted with my practise today!:):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

starting back into the practice again, and its goin really well, played n01 3 times in the last few days on lvl 6 and won the 3 of them all of them 7-6 and about 70 ave for the 3 matches.

was on an 80 ave when i finished up in april, so some weeks of solid practice and i'll be back on form:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

gonna go out and get in some practice for sunday

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I suppose I shouldn't really complain but my new job is really eating into my practice time, I have hardly had a chance to throw a dart in 3 weeks. I'm really gonna have to sort out an hour a night to practice because I tried to play for a bit yesterday and I was useless. I'm playing daffy tonight in the league so it doesn't loom good! Gonna throw for a half hour before the game to try and get going.

Not enough time in the day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭ciarraibhoy

Happy now with my darts, flights etc so I've had a bit of a clear out. So I have the following stuff going very cheap -

15 sets of Std Black Poly Metronic Flights, 25 sets of Std White Poly Metronic Flights, 15 sets of Stem Grip Springs and 1 set of 20 gram darts

Photo0055.jpg

anyone interested?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Happy now with my darts, flights etc so I've had a bit of a clear out. So I have the following stuff going very cheap -

15 sets of Std Black Poly Metronic Flights, 25 sets of Std White Poly Metronic Flights, 15 sets of Stem Grip Springs and 1 set of 20 gram darts

Photo0055.jpg

anyone interested?

i dont think i would be interested in d darts but i would take d rest,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Sickened, completely lost my head in last nights comp. Should of at least made the final last night.

Won the first round 3-2 with all games clocking in at around 30 darts, couldn't hit a treble. Went in in the last leg 125, 7, 26, 140. Incredibly annoying but I finished well bar one of the legs I lost.

2nd game against the eventual winner (a fine player but he wasn't at his best against me), first leg hit nothing at all, got beat with 270+ still on the board. 2nd leg he hit nothing and I won it easily, 3rd leg he hit 4 tons and I had one score over 55. 4th leg was the same as the 2nd. won the bull for the final leg, opened with a 3, my opponent 125, threw ok after that steady 60's and a 140 but didn't get a dart.

Can't seem to score under pressure with the medium stems yet hit trebles for fun with them in practice. dunno what it is, seem to go back to throwing like I do with the shorts, yet I'd say bar the one poor leg I hit 5 double from about 7 shots. To say Im annoyed is a bit of an understatement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

That's tough going mate, I would put it down to nerves. If a player is throwing such inconsistent darts there must be a shake in the hand or something.

Ive been asked to play for the Brock Inn tonight in a challenge match, should be interesting, ive to replace mick barry coz he cant make it, yikes and my arm is still a little sore

Don't know what is wrong with me lately, everytime i throw a dart i'm thinking of the next three and it's killing me, my double's are good now and my scoring is good too but my mind is just not working right, think i might take a few days off darts and try and get my act together then go back and try and enjoy myself again cause right now i'm not enjoying darts

I can't hit a double to save my life again! I just played level 6 on N01 and I lost 8-3 even though I had darts to win EVERY leg. I was getting really pissed off which probably didn't help but I can't stop myself from getting very frustrated!

Don't know what is wrong with me lately, everytime i throw a dart i'm thinking of the next three and it's killing me, my double's are good now and my scoring is good too but my mind is just not working right, think i might take a few days off darts and try and get my act together then go back and try and enjoy myself again cause right now i'm not enjoying darts

Sad to hear but a few days off will be good!

Kingp you should play Bob's 27 before you have a match against No1, really helps me a lot!

how come all the darts that suit me are 23-24g, i throw a 20g and there is a very limited selection of them, all the best darts are the heavier one, how hard would it be to make a light version of there darts

how come all the darts that suit me are 23-24g, i throw a 20g and there is a very limited selection of them, all the best darts are the heavier one, how hard would it be to make a light version of there darts

Not sure, I'm no help, never thrown a dart under 24g!:o:D

I'm the same D.T. I throw a 21g dart and couldn't find any to suit me so had to get a set made.

Im throwing 22g Slim Jims

May end up trying to design or make my own for a grip that suits me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Whats wrong with me. 70+ average ALL the time now for fun and 60-70 in comp almost all the time but as soon as play a team game I average around 50, its doing my head in.

I've played 7 games in preseason for the team and lost every single one of them against (mainly) players I'd normally destroy with ease in a singles comp.

the fact or local league has the singles as the best of 1 doesn't help but still im up against mainly 30 dart a leg players. At any other comp or singles event I tend to hit the ground running and almost always average around 60 but for the team I struggle to hit anything.

Thank god its still pre-season, hope to God I win one of our next 2 before the season starts.

Advertisement