Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The General Talk or Moan About Your Dart Skills Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Just won my first league game 2-0 tonight delighted the way i played scored well and didnt mess around on my doubles, quality side we have and the past 3 or 4 weeks ive improved dramatically and its all down to playing against better players, already looking forward to our next match bring it on:D:D

fair play mate the first is always the best:D, what team do you play for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 diversinc

congrats dude... like the confidence... hope you rip it up next rounds too.... best of luck..

my arm is in bits right now, played five really hard matches last night and played another tough one tonight. think i'll take 2moro off and let it rest a bit (shattered my elbow when i was 5 so gets stiff and painful very easily).

yeah rest is good... dude u have an injury elbow and cutting tail... skillssss.. but dam u does play alot... i does have a league game once a week... guess ithelps more u play competitively... guess that could be a problem for me... thats when game starts i panic a bit.. involuntary.. but panic nevertheless... but great wins... take care of that elbow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Double Top wrote: »
    my arm is in bits right now, played five really hard matches last night and played another tough one tonight. think i'll take 2moro off and let it rest a bit (shattered my elbow when i was 5 so gets stiff and painful very easily).

Good to see you playing well D.T!:D You'll get over the pain!;) I'm still happy the way I played tonight, hurry up next week!

• Advertisement

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Good to see you playing well D.T!:D You'll get over the pain!;) I'm still happy the way I played tonight, hurry up next week!

same here buddy, i don't want these magic darts to wear off:p:p:p:p
    like they say "no pain no gain" or something like that

diversinc wrote: »
    yeah rest is good... dude u have an injury elbow and cutting tail... skillssss.. but dam u does play alot... i does have a league game once a week... guess ithelps more u play competitively... guess that could be a problem for me... thats when game starts i panic a bit.. involuntary.. but panic nevertheless... but great wins... take care of that elbow...

cheers mate. sunday night was a special night i would usually not play 5 games a night. played in the tony hinch tournament( and won:D:D:D).

i play every night with my da (first to 5 501) and then might practice a hour a day by myself.

F#cking nerves are no more!:D I'm buzzing after my game tonight, roll on next week!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

fair play mate the first is always the best:D, what team do you play for?
    Play for boomers mate first season so im just enjoying it and not putting too much pressure on myself, garret gray is our captain and shane o connor plays for us as well, 2world class throwers on there day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Those 2 throw for the Patriots as well i think

Had a very bad night myself on friday, everything was going off, couldnt concentrate and let tutting and stuff get to me and i threw worse and worse (and i mean bad, missing the board for fat 20 and fat 1 etc)

dont know what happened, ive been playing the darts of my life recently and it just cant explain it

possibly burnt out with too much darts, but i dunno, ive a players championship this weekend,sally noggin next weekend and Adrian Lewis Exhibition on Wednesday dec 2nd

Darts to be played

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Those 2 throw for the Patriots as well i think

Had a very bad night myself on friday, everything was going off, couldnt concentrate and let tutting and stuff get to me and i threw worse and worse (and i mean bad, missing the board for fat 20 and fat 1 etc)

dont know what happened, ive been playing the darts of my life recently and it just cant explain it

possibly burnt out with too much darts, but i dunno, ive a players championship this weekend,sally noggin next weekend and Adrian Lewis Exhibition on Wednesday dec 2nd

Darts to be played

Yeah they play on a tuesday night for the patriots as well.

Dont worry about hitting out of the board when going for a single, it happens and when it does its horrible, its just down to putting to much pressure on hitting that single, because 10/10 your expected to hit it funny owl game darts is its all in head

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

F#cking nerves are no more!:D I'm buzzing after my game tonight, roll on next week!:D

Did you win your game? Glad the nerves are gone.

I threw 5 ton+'s in my game last night, 3 in one leg and two in the otehr and I didn't even get a shot at a double. Can't believe it, think i was playing Phil Taylor.

My captain always puts me in against the best player on the opposing team, it's great that I am counted as number one but it's very hard to win matches against such top players. Can be very frustrating throwing great darts and losing. Still it's definitely going to help my game and I ran one of the best players in the league very close last night as I was waiting for a shot both times but he took it out. I got congratulated by everyone on how I played but I hate losing :mad:

Roll on next week when hopefully I at least get a shot at double!

Kingp35 wrote: »

I threw 5 ton+'s in my game last night, 3 in one leg and two in the otehr and I didn't even get a shot at a double. Can't believe it, think i was playing Phil Taylor.

My captain always puts me in against the best player on the opposing team, it's great that I am counted as number one but it's very hard to win matches against such top players. Can be very frustrating throwing great darts and losing. Still it's definitely going to help my game and I ran one of the best players in the league very close last night as I was waiting for a shot both times but he took it out. I got congratulated by everyone on how I played but I hate losing :mad:

very unlucky there King. who did you play off the noggin?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Mark Devaney? Something like that. He was quality, Very heavy scorer and he only missed one dart at a double.

No I didn't win as I was put in against Billy Matthews, I gave him a good game though and me scoring was not bad! You are playing great at the moment, keep up the good work!

No I didn't win as I was put in against Billy Matthews, I gave him a good game though and me scoring was not bad! You are playing great at the moment, keep up the good work!

I played him too, he beat me 2-1 and I missed 6 darts at doubles to beat him! Was fuming with myself.

Fair play though rat, once you get fully over your nerves and play to your proper standard you will definitely win more than you lose.

I played him too, he beat me 2-1 and I missed 6 darts at doubles to beat him! Was fuming with myself.

Fair play though rat, once you get fully over your nerves and play to your proper standard you will definitely win more than you lose.

Cheers, I can play better than I did against him so roll on next week!:D

Mark Devaney? Something like that. He was quality, Very heavy scorer and he only missed one dart at a double.

he is a very very good player, you should keep your head up, your playing the best players in the borough and keeping pace and this only your first season. just need a little bit more experience and you'll be grand, keep up the great work your doing right now mate

Cheers D.T.

Loving the experience so far and it's giving me a real incentive to practice and get better. Enjoying my darts more than ever now and I feel I can do well.

Played 10 legs of 501 earlier and averaged 69.14. just wondering if thats good or not?

• Advertisement

Played 10 legs of 501 earlier and averaged 69.14. just wondering if thats good or not?

If it's on your own it's good, if it's with people around then it's very good!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

you played mark mulvaney of the noggin who in my opinion is in the top five players in the league and also an ex ivory player

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

have to say i think i've lost the love of the game battling demons last 12 months thought i'd turned the corner first game back, but struggling since, still practising same as normal just seem's the harder i try the harder it get's :confused: it's like my arm doesn't listen to my brain:confused: really frustrating but i need to get my confidence back and the only way to do that is play maybe stop the practice for a bit?

Take a break Wayne. You are practicing now with the thought in the back of your mind that it's not going right. You need to clear that up first and the only way is to take a little break. Even a week without throwing a dart so you go back fresh and determined to do well. I went through the same thing and a break did me the world of good. Others have said the same thing.

Good luck with it.

practcin last night and found my line , practicin anew style... and was jus hittin those twenties ... wanted to try it out so played the n01 level 3.. thats the highest i ever reached.. and beat it... decided to challenge a lil more and went lv 4. was hittin 100 s 140 s 60s.. it was great.. but what i enjoyed most was a 160 out... i was jumpin about.. u would swear i was actually playin someone.. i am so happy although it was jus practice.. cause i keep telling myself even though its practice it means i am acyually capable of throwing like this... i havent enjoyed practice like this for so long... its jus to do it when it counts now... i proud people... gonna keep at it and become better and better... i so love this game.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

League match last night was an absolute cracker, i didnt play myself but the lads that did were phenomenal, 6 - 180's on the night, 5 from our lads, 1 from them, multiple checkouts around the 100 mark including mick barry missing bull twice for checkouts around the 160 mark.

Great to watch and see that kind of darts being played

hey wayne... dont give up man... jus a break might be needed... something ive noticed when i feel frustrated is that sometimes its jus somethin u may be doin different that ur not aware of... stance grip somethin.. for me it was my wrist.. had to cock it back a bit for the follow through.. and mostly focus.. tryin harder is not focusing... hope u get it back soon... remember u only truly fail when u give up.. and your a darter man... play eye of the tiger or somethin.. music... jus to relax a bit.. works for me.. jus doh give up.. cool...

as i see it your a great player.. not all the time the better player wins.. thats jus darts sometimes.. i remember seeing taylor on a vid throw under 30 with three darts i was like ah.. so the great ones misses too huh.. cool... its jus the game.. it isnt always bout winning sometimes jus be a hell of an opponent.. and another thing... seems your team knows your capabilities and believes in you... time for u to do the same... i know youve won before... remember the basic rule dude.. luv the game.. winning comes...

Done abit of a Taylor yesterday, i made my own flights. just cut down a standard size flight to my liking and there brilliant had a few games of 501 in my head, took out some big finishes ad didn't go over 18 darts in any game:D:D:D think i might keep these flights seem to be working

• Advertisement

Done abit of a Taylor yesterday, i made my own flights. just cut down a standard size flight to my liking and there brilliant had a few games of 501 in my head, took out some big finishes ad didn't go over 18 darts in any game:D:D:D think i might keep these flights seem to be working

That's cheating!;):D

Advertisement