Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The General Talk or Moan About Your Dart Skills Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

ratinakeg wrote: »
    That's cheating!;):D

SHHHHHH!!!!! it just between you and me:p;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Double Top wrote: »
    SHHHHHH!!!!! it just between you and me:p;)

LOL!:D I'll be checking your flights when your team is next in the Fishing Club, I'll report you to the league if I find anything unusual with your flights!;):p:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 diversinc

there are many ways to play in terms of styleof play.. what u should do is be flexible and jus watch vids and jus try different stuff.. but one main thing i did was without a dart in your hand step to the board and pretend your going to throw and watch your line do it slowly and watch where yuor hand is pointing for eg. pretend your goin for triple 20 or d bull and see if your hand points at the target when outstretched and adjust stance to suit.. then try a few darts at it if ur darts go too much left or right adjust stance.. but most important comfort.. feel comfortable .. sometimes it takes a while to figure it out.. ive been playing year and a half now and ive changed grips and stances flights weights so many times.. till i got a combination that groups close enough and stiks straight and jus practicin with it now.. also remember that even the prows change stuff after a while too.. jus have fun and practice and it will all work out.. jus luv the game..

cricket press.... google dart software downloadsand its around...

when life gives you lemons make lemonade... u get the treble 5 or 1... stay focused and use it as a guider for a lil left or right.. i think most pros go for the 19 s when the are blocked ar finishing... unless your stronger under of course...

• Advertisement

same problem for me... i jus try blocking out everything and focus in a calm manner... i even sometimes hum a tune and when i do miss.. i ignore and focus onwards..

well done... amazing throws

your like a message machine gun tonight diversinc:D:D:D

my first year in darts was mostly on the bench.. no matter how hard i practiced didnt matter.. the team was strictly about winning so i hardly ever got to play.. i knew the only way to get better was to get to play games.. i as always nervous cause i know if i get a chance i had to win otherwise benched again.. pressure... my game was fair.. nerves beat me though... it had an opening in another team and they asked me to join up.. i did... actually gettin games now and payin better and the nerves dont bother me as much... still have a way to go but im on the way.. if i hadnt changed team i would still be on the bench without experience and shaking darts like marakas... old team wants me back now... funny huh..

with a friend like you who needs enemies... but yeah prank it out... funny as hell...

• Advertisement

thats the same with me, moving teams was the best thing i ever did.

if you can meet up with your team mates as much as you can and use them to raise your game and because there mates they will tell you were or if your going wrong. just my opinion don't go back to your old team you'll spend more matches on the bench then on the oche

guys it was great... i didnt win but it was so dam awesome... thing is i dont even care i didnt win.. i played against some really amazing players.. and i wasnt hitting like in practice but i held my composure and just decided jus do my best and dont get frustrated.. and it helped immensely. i actually did hit some nice nos.. 123.. 125.. best finish was a 90.. almost got my 147 finish with 57 60 30 missed the 30 on the dam wire... this guty had me 3 down out of the 7 and i actually came all the way back and won... he was hitting more but i stayed consistent and beat him with the doubles... it was so amazing the crowd went wild... got some free beers too....:D.... almost made the final but missed 3 darts on d5... werent bad attempts though was so close... i came third... everyone really congratulated me as a new player... it felt great... third ... whoo... thanks for the support guys... didnt win but felt like a winner and i share my triumph with u all.... dtop degag larkin king mule rat... thanks...

diversinc wrote: »
    guys it was great... i didnt win but it was so dam awesome... thing is i dont even care i didnt win.. i played against some really amazing players.. and i wasnt hitting like in practice but i held my composure and just decided jus do my best and dont get frustrated.. and it helped immensely. i actually did hit some nice nos.. 123.. 125.. best finish was a 90.. almost got my 147 finish with 57 60 30 missed the 30 on the dam wire... this guty had me 3 down out of the 7 and i actually came all the way back and won... he was hitting more but i stayed consistent and beat him with the doubles... it was so amazing the crowd went wild... got some free beers too....:D.... almost made the final but missed 3 darts on d5... werent bad attempts though was so close... i came third... everyone really congratulated me as a new player... it felt great... third ... whoo... thanks for the support guys... didnt win but felt like a winner and i share my triumph with u all.... dtop degag larkin king mule rat... thanks...

that was all you mate, we weren't the one's throwing the darts. you should be over the moon with you performance, really reall well done again mate keep up the positive attitude and consistancy that you have right now and your game will just keep getting better and better:D:D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I threw absolute rubbish last night. Just never felt right. Still managed to get 2 darts at tops to win first leg and missed and somehow managed to not get a dart at double despite having 59 left in the second leg, I missed big 19 by hitting 3 then missed big 16. Rubbish, a few 83's and 85's etc. kept me in but I couldn't stay in the 20's and wasn't settled at all. First I have felt like I played crap. On a losing streak of 2 now, need to get out of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I threw absolute rubbish last night. Just never felt right. Still managed to get 2 darts at tops to win first leg and missed and somehow managed to not get a dart at double despite having 59 left in the second leg, I missed big 19 by hitting 3 then missed big 16. Rubbish, a few 83's and 85's etc. kept me in but I couldn't stay in the 20's and wasn't settled at all. First I have felt like I played crap. On a losing streak of 2 now, need to get out of it!
    Unlucky mate your gonna have bad days at the office we all do, its how you react to these bad performances that will define you as a player so chin up and put it right on the practice board for next week;)

I played well last night went in last and we were 7-0 up so there was a bit of pressure on me not to be the only person to lose, but i lost the first leg missed a few doubles then in the second leg i clicked, hit a 180 (only one of the night:D) and won that leg easily, the last leg my opponent really thru very well, i missed the bull for a 95 checkout my opponent was on 136 and went t20 t20:eek: and wired d8 for the win, i stepped up with 25 left but missed the big 9 by a fraction and went into the 14, with 11 left i hit the single 3, stepped back and composed myself, and hit the double 4 for the win:D:DDELIGHTED:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Unlucky mate your gonna have bad days at the office we all do, its how you react to these bad performances that will define you as a player so chin up and put it right on the practice board for next week;)

I played well last night went in last and we were 7-0 up so there was a bit of pressure on me not to be the only person to lose, but i lost the first leg missed a few doubles then in the second leg i clicked, hit a 180 (only one of the night:D) and won that leg easily, the last leg my opponent really thru very well, i missed the bull for a 95 checkout my opponent was on 136 and went t20 t20:eek: and wired d8 for the win, i stepped up with 25 left but missed the big 9 by a fraction and went into the 14, with 11 left i hit the single 3, stepped back and composed myself, and hit the double 4 for the win:D:DDELIGHTED:D

Jaysus,miracles do happen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

going for a session tonight with double top a bit of prep for saturday should be a classic we seem to bring the best out of each other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Gringo180 wrote: »

How is your mad mate Glen getting on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

AndyP wrote: »
    How is your mad mate Glen getting on?
    He's playing well andy he won 2-0 last night the past 2 weeks he's been in second to play, i think him and shane are heading out saturday for that tournament in the noggin..

Are you playing that tournament in the patriots around the xmas time al byrne is running it

S.T.D Ste wrote: »
    going for a session tonight with double top a bit of prep for saturday should be a classic we seem to bring the best out of each other

and classic it was, we really tore lumps put of eachother with me just pinching it in the end:D:D:D. really good tune up for saturday thought got me in the right frame of mind

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭CORRO77

Kingp35 wrote: »

Have to say you were playing alot better practising before the game started i was watching he he he.Who was the fella i played going to be a good little player had me RATTLED big time and i mean RATTLED everytime i went to throw he was rattling the darts behind me dont know if he realised thats why i walked away from the oche that time.still good to see you all getting behind every player on the night You were in good company because i played ****e too.Couldnt finish to save my life but held on for the win JUST.

we all have those games... what i did was tell myself hey if champs miss what the hell... if everyone hit everytime realyy wouldnt be much of a sport.. thing is i think what we gotta do is if we miss jus focus back and dont beat ourselves.. the skill is there jus to find what different tonight.. and use the failure to push ourselves to better... goodluck next game...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

CORRO77 wrote: »
    Have to say you were playing alot better practising before the game started i was watching he he he.Who was the fella i played going to be a good little player had me RATTLED big time and i mean RATTLED everytime i went to throw he was rattling the darts behind me dont know if he realised thats why i walked away from the oche that time.still good to see you all getting behind every player on the night You were in good company because i played ****e too.Couldnt finish to save my life but held on for the win JUST.

Yeah I don't know what happened to me during the game. I was fine in practice then they just didn't go for me.

The lad who played you isn't a bad player, can be good one week and pretty rubbish the next but he is getting better. Yeah I was wondering why you stepped back that time, I just thought it was because you were nervous and you were trying to compose yourself. I didn't hear him rattling the darts but I'll have a word with him for you :) You missed a few doubles and should have won easier but it was a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pabloexcabar

Hi Kingp35 Didnt think you played that bad First leg maybe as it took me 3 visits to the oche to get on a double with 15 left.Thouth second leg was ok.Im new to Monday Night really enjoying it have beginners luck so far

Hi Kingp35 Didnt think you played that bad First leg maybe as it took me 3 visits to the oche to get on a double with 15 left.Thouth second leg was ok.Im new to Monday Night really enjoying it have beginners luck so far

Ah I didn't know that was you. Tbh I got a little lucky in the first leg too when I hit double top to score 101 when I was going for the treble 20. Just shows how far off I was. You were the better player and definitely deserved the win. You finished very well in second leg. After my complete balls up of the 59 I thought I was going to get another shot after you missed but then you got the D4 I think and that was that. I can play much better than that that's why I'm disappointed. Fair play to you though, better player won ;)

unfortunately darts aint like riding a bike... step off the dart pro for a while and jus go back to basics .. dont rush and dont try hard... jus pretend u now starting cause u would expect too much from urself and feel dissapointed... so work on ur line ur grouping... and u might be surprised the improvement.. u can only fail when u give up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

Was having a bad dip in form earlier this year. 4 to 5 years of little or no practice (young children) finally caught up with me to the extent that I never really knew where my first dart might go!!

Used Dart pro for a while and I think this just frustrated me as I could look back and see how bad I was.
    Made a point of getting at least 10 minutes on the board every day over the last few months. I felt my game was getting better lately so I used Dart pro tonight. Getting back to my best and really pleased with the improvement.

Tried to copy and paste the screen shot from dartpro but from some reason it would not work

anyway here is the details.

JAN 71 average
    FEB 69 average
    MAR 73average
    APRIL 65 average
    AUG 78 average
    NOV 82 average

Getting back. Happy Days!!!

well done... keep it up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭greened

diversinc wrote: »
    unfortunately darts aint like riding a bike... step off the dart pro for a while and jus go back to basics .. dont rush and dont try hard... jus pretend u now starting cause u would expect too much from urself and feel dissapointed... so work on ur line ur grouping... and u might be surprised the improvement.. u can only fail when u give up..

Thanks for the good advice. I think you have answered the post I deleted!! It is what i did. I was messing around with preview trying to upload the graph for dart pro and must have posted. The full post is up now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Had the weirdest night practice last night. Lost my darts in Dublin on Wednesday so went back to the razor grips. Played a little competition against no.1 started on level 3 and working my way up best of 5.

Against Lvl 3 - I won 3-0 with 2 180s and a 116 checkout, only finished with an average of 56 though despite having a first 9 average of over 80. Alot of double chasing in the 2 legs. Think 1 leg went over 33 darts.

Against lvl 4 - I won 3-2 with some awful erratic darts, 5 140's though and a 15 dart leg. Took out a 151 finish to win 3-2. Average around 60 despite a first 9 average of over 75. Chasing alot of doubles again though.

Against lvl 5 - Won 3-1 Average of 69, first 9 average of 75 again. Had a 105 checkout (20,T15,D20) and a 95(t19,d19). The other legs were abysmal, Went the whole way from D16 to D1, winning one and losing the other.

Against lvl 6 - Won 3-0. Average of 74, first 9 average of 82. 2 more 180s and 3 140's. Well on form.

Against lvl 7 - Lost 0-3. Average of 55, first 9 average of 69. Lost all focus, had 0 scores of 140+, missed d16 for a 152 other than that i hit very little really struggled to keep all my darts in the 20. 85,45,85,41 kinda throwing. Was well pissed off as my aim is to beat level 9.

Advertisement