Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The General Talk or Moan About Your Dart Skills Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭whaaames

thats good darts, must be averaging in the mid/high 70s handy at that rate..!

fair play..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

whaaames wrote: »
    thats good darts, must be averaging in the mid/high 70s handy at that rate..!

fair play..!
    Go again thats mid 90 average, cracking darts very consistent:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

94 average:eek: Fair dues.

Sorry about that, jesus i was way off obviously wasn't concentrating! That's professional standard darts, seriously impressive stuff, hats off..!

I did a 78 avg over 17 legs at my best once, but I'd give anything for a consistant 80 odd game..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Degag_ wrote: »
    94 average:eek: Fair dues.

cheers but sweet jesus i wasn't expecting that:eek::eek::eek:. something has just clicked in my head an arm i've gotten much more consistant and not giving out to myself so much anymore

• Advertisement

Double Top wrote: »
    cheers but sweet jesus i wasn't expecting that:eek::eek::eek:. something has just clicked in my head an arm i've gotten much more consistant and not giving out to myself so much anymore

Don't sugar coat it, thats class darts man, lethal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Its great stuff, hope it keeps going well for you. You've a great chance at any comp throwing like that.

padr81 wrote: »
    Its great stuff, hope it keeps going well for you. You've a great chance at any comp throwing like that.

hasn't worn off yet mate just keeping my fingers crossed that it's not just a phase

If ya start thinking like that it will be just a phase, ya have to think that thats your natural game now and you'll be flying.
    Sure ya know yourself darts is a lot more psychological than people think, its deadly that you've sorted that end of it anyway...

If ya start thinking like that it will be just a phase, ya have to think that thats your natural game now and you'll be flying.
    Sure ya know yourself darts is a lot more psychological than people think, its deadly that you've sorted that end of it anyway...

exactly, if you can do it, you can do it. Its a matter of not letting it drop because you have one weak performance.

• Advertisement

exactly, if you can do it, you can do it. Its a matter of not letting it drop because you have one weak performance.

i think you and whaaames are right it's starting to feel natural now even when i just pick them up for a mess it's ton 85 ton ton (just don't want to come of cocky). have never felt better throwing darts loving every second of it and hopefully this is just the first step to getting to my dream of going pro:D

i think you and whaaames are right it's starting to feel natural now even when i just pick them up for a mess it's ton 85 ton ton (just don't want to come of cocky). have never felt better throwing darts loving every second of it and hopefully this is just the first step to getting to my dream of going pro:D
    I know how you feel mate its great, im playing the best darts of my life at the minute, changed the weight of my dart from 22g to 20g on wednesday, had a few hours throw with them to get used to the new weight but yesterday something clicked for me i feel so comfortable with the dart and even if im hitting solid 60's or else a 45 the dart is only a few mm away from the treble 20 bed, im gonna put a few hours in practice the weekend as i never usually do just to keep me ticking over for my league match on monday night.

I know its totally different playing in your kitchen when theres no pressure but hopefully i can take my form onto the league night.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I know how you feel mate its great, im playing the best darts of my life at the minute, changed the weight of my dart from 22g to 20g on wednesday, had a few hours throw with them to get used to the new weight but yesterday something clicked for me i feel so comfortable with the dart and even if im hitting solid 60's or else a 45 the dart is only a few mm away from the treble 20 bed, im gonna put a few hours in practice the weekend as i never usually do just to keep me ticking over for my league match on monday night.

I know its totally different playing in your kitchen when theres no pressure but hopefully i can take my form onto the league night.

sometimes changing weights is the best thing you can do, i went from 20g back to 21g and it's brought my game on leaps and bounds. i don't like it when people say you shouldn't tinker with your darts its the only way of getting better is by trying different stuff out worked for me and worked for phil taylor so it can't be that bad:p

sometimes changing weights is the best thing you can do, i went from 20g back to 21g and it's brought my game on leaps and bounds. i don't like it when people say you shouldn't tinker with your darts its the only way of getting better is by trying different stuff out worked for me and worked for phil taylor so it can't be that bad:p
    Exactly mate theres no harm in trying a few different sets of darts as your game is evolving, im the same ive been through about 4 sets in about 6 months and theres nothing more annoying when people are telling you, you shouldnt be changing darts:rolleyes:

You have to experiment with darts, shaft lenght and flights to see what works best for you, although I do think the set up I have now is spot on:D

Exactly mate theres no harm in trying a few different sets of darts as your game is evolving, im the same ive been through about 4 sets in about 6 months and theres nothing more annoying when people are telling you, you shouldnt be changing darts:rolleyes:

You have to experiment with darts, shaft lenght and flights to see what works best for you, although I do think the set up I have now is spot on:D

same here bud, if you had told me a year ago i would be using longish stems(between medium and long) and weak flights and polished darts i would of laughed and told you there's no way in hell i would ever use them....just shows what can change

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

true that

i went from thick barrels, to lightweight slim jims, short stems with pear flights to long stems with Normal flights

to my current Adrian Lewis 26g with Medium to Long Shafts and Normal Flights

lots and lots of changes, starting to comfortably average 70 when im practicing. thats over 30 - 40 legs which im pleased about.

now i just need to keep trying to step up

Ive never changed my darts, ever, use 24g Eric Bristow and never even contemplated changing but now i reckon maybe a fresh set wouldnt hurt.
    I really like my darts but maybe a change is as good as a rest as they say, i do use a lot of different stems and flights though and i think the short stems suit my throw best...

Something happened yesterday though that has be annoyed. I never really throw in pubs, or anywhere outside my room really but went for a pint with my dad and he said bring my darts coz theres usually a friendly game on so i said i'd have a bit of that.
    Gets down, puts my name up, called up to mark, marked up a game, so its my turn to throw, MASSIVE STAGE FRIGHT, hand shaking like mad, treble looked tiny, barely throw a 60, hit one cover on the 18s but thats it.
    Nightmare

Something happened yesterday though that has be annoyed. I never really throw in pubs, or anywhere outside my room really but went for a pint with my dad and he said bring my darts coz theres usually a friendly game on so i said i'd have a bit of that.
    Gets down, puts my name up, called up to mark, marked up a game, so its my turn to throw, MASSIVE STAGE FRIGHT, hand shaking like mad, treble looked tiny, barely throw a 60, hit one cover on the 18s but thats it.
    Nightmare
    I was the same a year or so ago but now I can go down the local and play my best darts, and sometimes without even having a drink.Its all about getting used to the pressure I mean dont get me wrong when I play anywhere other than my local, I do get very nervous as the players i'd be playing against dont know my game so I feel ive to prove something to them which brings on more pressure in itself, strange game thats why we love it so much:D

Well this is it, we wouldnt play it otherwise i suppose..

But i just couldnt understand it, there was about 15 people in the bar, and half of the weren't watching or couldn't care less but for some reason i got the shakes n threw like i'd had 15 pints..
    At home or with the mates or whatever i'd average anywhere from 65 to 75 regularly but it was nowhere yesterday, 5s and 1s galore...
    Suppose i'd get used to it the more i venture out of the bedroom ha.

Thanks though...

Yeah it can be weird, just playing against someone you don't know can be frightening. This is why when people post there 70+ averages here (myself included) I can guarantee thats not there pub average. Its very easy to do it on your own board, in comfort, where you know your spots and feel relaxed.

Imho theres 10 points roughly between my home and pub average. At home I'm 21 darts consistantly, in comp I'm about 21 on a good day, 24 averagely sometimes 27-30 if its just not happening or if I have a serious bout of nerves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

same here. i just started playing with a pub team and some of my darts have been terrible. i am not fantastic at home but usually maintain around a 60 average. if i start playing poor i got so frustrated and just get even worse. i guess confidence will come in time

Thats a fair comment, its just so annoying ya know, i could understand if it was the world grand prix but it was just a littte honky tonk bar full of nobodys who couldnt have been less interested and i was still a bag of nerves,..
    Imho theres 10 points roughly between my home and pub average. At home I'm 21 darts consistantly, in comp I'm about 21 on a good day, 24 averagely sometimes 27-30 if its just not happening or if I have a serious bout of nerves.

But thats true, i hit 100, 140 regular at home where ive never been beaten (my mates are crap though) but i was a different player in front of anyone else, i really need to start playing elsewhere more, even friendly games...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 diversinc

i agree... i went from fat to thin... 21g to 26 g.. still fiddling around with grip but down to 3 styles.. gettin my 140 and 180 now and then and of course my 26 and 41 's hehe .. but thats darts... hope i get good and consistent... one day... jus gotta keep playing...

45s are the bane of my existence, i very rarely venture into the 1s but the 5s all the time, very Mardle esque in that way...

And half the time its just lack of concentration, thats a massive problem i have...

Back from my league singles and I can't but feel I left it after me. Got beat in a great game in the last 8. So many players there we had to play the best of 3.
    Played ok in my first game in the 2nd round (last 64) but had a bit of double trouble. Won 2-0 with an average in the mid 50's I'd say.
    Last 32 and I played absolutely awful, won 2-1 and no leg clocked in under 30 darts as the guy I was playing was equally as scared of playing me as I was of him despite the fact we're both good players.
    Last 16 and I played well, back to back 18 darters for a 2-0 win.
    Last 8 I won the first leg with another 18 darter, lost the 2nd after missing 1 dart at 16's for a 105 finish. Missed 3 clear darts at D18 after hitting a 134 to set it up in the decider for 18 darts and the guy checked out 78.

Happy enough as i played very well and had an average in the 70's in the later rounds. Poor in the first 2 of my games though and was lucky to get by the last 32.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭501darts

Gettin really p*****d off the last few weeks, Im throwing 90+ average at home and warming up for matches and throwing a f*****g 50 average in the match.
    I know what im doing wrong but cant correct it no matter how much i try.

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

:mad:Lost me darts when I was out saturday night:mad::mad:
    Playing so well with them and all:mad::mad:

:mad:Lost me darts when I was out saturday night:mad::mad:
    Playing so well with them and all:mad::mad:

sorry to hear that bud, my advice always buy two sets of your darts just incase you lose one or break it

sorry to hear that bud, my advice always buy two sets of your darts just incase you lose one or break it
    I no pal, luckily i know what darts they are so i can replace them otherwise i would of being rightly f@%ked :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I no pal, luckily i know what darts they are so i can replace them otherwise i would of being rightly f@%ked :rolleyes:

thats good to hear, i remember once i was washing my darts (weird i know) i put them in a sink of soapy water and when i went to take them back out....there was only 2,one went right down the drain i nearly cried:p

Advertisement