Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The General Talk or Moan About Your Dart Skills Thread

1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Dicie wrote: »
    Welcome home Gringo... You coming down to the players champ finals for a few pints... I will be available for drinking after the round robin stage
    Hahaha:pac:When is it on mate i mite head down 4 the craic:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Hahaha:pac:When is it on mate i mite head down 4 the craic:D

June 27th...Gareth is hot favourite for it... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Dicie wrote: »
    June 27th...Gareth is hot favourite for it... :D
    I hear your 12/1 with Cashmans, oh and dont be putting the mockers on Garret WE ALL NO WHAT YOUR LIKE WITH YOUR PREDICTIONS:D:p:D:pac:

god damn cap button fingers are getting awfully fat:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I hear your 12/1 with Cashmans, oh and dont be putting the mockers on Garret WE ALL NO WHAT YOUR LIKE WITH YOUR PREDICTIONS:D:p:D:pac:

god damn cap button fingers are getting awfully fat:P

12/1 eh.... Iv only 3 words for that...

Lay Lay Lay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 skeletor180

no boys its the south county singles final and the cup final lucan could beat rat bag cool in that.:eek::eek: poor mac if only he had bigger eyes:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Hopefully someone might be able to answer this question for me. How are the brown derby getting on this year in cork city, Dartgod prob knows the answer, but if anyone else knows it would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

jamesbere wrote: »
    Hopefully someone might be able to answer this question for me. How are the brown derby getting on this year in cork city, Dartgod prob knows the answer, but if anyone else knows it would be great

Hi James. Brown Derby 1st. team disbanded last season - - only have one team now competing in Division {3} of the Cork City and District League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Dartgod wrote: »
    Hi James. Brown Derby 1st. team disbanded last season - - only have one team now competing in Division {3} of the Cork City and District League.

Jesus division 3, when i left playing for them 2 and a half yrs ago we had some team then. I heard that they had a few problems last year, its a pity to see them gone down that far. Maybe i should go back playing for them to bring them back some luck:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

thought i'd give this a but of a bump, been over a while since its been touched

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Thread is definitely worth a bump.

I have slowly been improving over recent times. It might not seem like much to the better players on the forum but I am now averaging around the 64 mark regularily up from the 60 mark at christmas. An improvement of 4 points in my average in three months is good I think considering I have so little time to practice.

My aim is to have it aorund the 70 mark by the end of the year. Gonna try and practice as much as I can and if I can get it up to 70 I will be a very happy man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Not bad King. I'd be delighted with that. How long have you been playing and how often do you practice?
    I'm lucky to average mid 30's myself. I even get beat by level 2 on no.1. Gaps getting closer though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I've been throwing the odd time since I was about 20 (I'm 26 now) but only started playing properly two years ago and have got my average up from around 40 to 64 in that time.

I try to practice as much as I can but tbh I only really get an hours practive in maybe 2 or 3 days a week and then Monday night is league night so get a bit on then too.

For the practice sessions I usually just play against N01. I'm playing against Level 7 at the moment, I play first to 8 and I've yet to beat him but I usually get at least 5 legs against it and I have missed 5 darts at double to beat it!

Keep practicing mate, I had no natural talent whatsoever but have kept on improving so I'm sure you will too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Ah yeah. It's coming along. The level 2 has beaten me 10-6 twice this week. It's the finishing letting me down. I'd say 9 of the 10 legs the computer won I had missed shots at the double.

Well then the best thing to do is prctice your doubles for a week. Don't try do anything else except doubles. There's plenty of different games you can play to practice them like Bobs 27 or start on 121 and try and finish it in 9 darts, if you do then go onto 122 and so on but if you miss any then go back to 121. It's great practice and gets you thinking.

Good luck anyway and post up on this thread how you are getting on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Huge improvement for me since I last posted here. 70+ average pretty much all the time in practice now and 68 or so on a bad day.

League form is hugely improved as I've finally got the stones for it haha. Was unbeaten in the league all season from September till 2 weeks ago but I lost my last 2.

Still my biggest moan would be I bottle games against bigger players and still tend to miss crucial doubles. For example at the VFI All Irelands had 4 darts to make the last 32. Same at the county rankings.

Dont know how to feel about my darts lately, they have improved 100 percent from last time i posted on this thread with the two leagues and my stint in the Dublin team but theres something in my head telling me there not good enough.

i dont know my average but would say around 70+, in the league i usually finish between 18-24 darts with a few 13 darters thrown in there for fun but even when im hitting 18 darters they just dont feel like i threw well.

this year my eyes have been opened to how good irish darts really are and i think its that that has me thinking i need to improve alot to keep up with the greats and try and get my name out there, hopefully i'll get out of my head and improve as much as i want to by the end of this year

• Registered Users Posts: 36 budwider

Hey guys just a quick question,how do you know when to go up a level in NO1 dart's programme?

budwider wrote: »
    Hey guys just a quick question,how do you know when to go up a level in NO1 dart's programme?

when your beating the level your on on a regular basis

This is just how I do it but if I beat a certain level three times in a row then I move onto the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 budwider

Cheer's lads thanks for the advice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 rimfireguy

Happy that I'm not the only one who had this problem, the most frustrating and embarrassing thing in my experience so far. Got so bad that darts finished up on the floor, in the wall etc. Was about to give up the game when and didnt play for a fe weeks, when I started back nice and relaxed it just disappeared. On searching for an explanation I did figure out this, for me at least "I must not see-saw the dart back and forth when aiming".
    I think a simple one move back and forward gives a more consistent release point, my advise to get rid of this, bring the dart up and throw with one fliud movement, do not wait too long or see-saw back and forth before release. Best of luck.
    ps. Good news is that when you beat dartitis it doesnt come back, at least it hasnt for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭statto25

ps. Good news is that when you beat dartitis it doesnt come back, at least it hasnt for me.

I wish that was the case. Leading up to xmas I was having serious issues to the point where I considered jacking it in. Over the holiday break I changed a couple of things (for the millionth time) to try and beat it and slowly it got better. For the past two months I won eight out of my eleven games and was really enjoying my darts. My throw was consistent and i averaging 60+ in games. However I recently played a guy in a tournament who was a lot younger than me and was a very good county player. I got nervous and apprehensive and sure enough the dartitis creeped back again. I have got it under control but there are times where I stand there and try to release and nothing happens. Back to the drawing board I suppose :(

Advertisement