Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The General Talk or Moan About Your Dart Skills Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

God i'd love an easier draw, even just 1 or 2 in the group that (no disrespect) i could look at the fixture and think, right here's a great chance for 2 points

instead i looked at all the last fixtures and thought, right, gonna have to roll my sleeves up, this could be a long match

Semi Final was postponed til April 24th for some reason, who knows
    was playing darts tonight against one of the team members, played some good darts, plenty of tons and ton 40's hit 2 17 darters and 2 19 darters, only 2 or 3 of the legs we played dragged on much i think mostly it was under 25 darts and it was dead enjoyable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

God i'd love an easier draw, even just 1 or 2 in the group that (no disrespect) i could look at the fixture and think, right here's a great chance for 2 points

instead i looked at all the last fixtures and thought, right, gonna have to roll my sleeves up, this could be a long match

Semi Final was postponed til April 24th for some reason, who knows
    was playing darts tonight against one of the team members, played some good darts, plenty of tons and ton 40's hit 2 17 darters and 2 19 darters, only 2 or 3 of the legs we played dragged on much i think mostly it was under 25 darts and it was dead enjoyable

Somebody like me who plays level 6 on No1!;)

Lvl 6 is a formiddable opponent

no im looking for someone whom is new to the game, cant count and only has 1 arm

Lvl 6 is a formiddable opponent

no im looking for someone whom is new to the game, cant count and only has 1 arm

LOL!:D

funny-pictures-how-to-cheat-at-darts.jpg

Hope I don't meet someone who has taken tips from this lad!:D

Imagine having darts that could look like that, how funny would it be to be throwing Robin Red Breasts, or Penguins if your looking for something heavier, looking for a chucky barrell, here's a pelican dart

lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I finally got my board back up on the wall in new apartment after playing no darts for just over a month! Gave N01 a game there and I managed to get my best ever finish when I hit a 160 out and that was also my best leg as I finished it in 15 darts.

I still lost 8-6 on Level 5 but I averaged 60.33 and had a checkout percentage of 37%. It was my scoring that let me down but I was on fire on my finishing.

Maybe the break did me good! I thought I was going to be terrible because I hadn't thrown in so long.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I finally got my board back up on the wall in new apartment after playing no darts for just over a month! Gave N01 a game there and I managed to get my best ever finish when I hit a 160 out and that was also my best leg as I finished it in 15 darts.

I still lost 8-6 on Level 5 but I averaged 60.33 and had a checkout percentage of 37%. It was my scoring that let me down but I was on fire on my finishing.

Maybe the break did me good! I thought I was going to be terrible because I hadn't thrown in so long.

Class 160 check-out KingP!
    Good to see you're not struggling on your doubles as you were a few weeks ago!
    Good shooting!

Played in a singles tournament tonight out in Rush

some cracking darts on display

i myself got to the last 16 and if my doubles hadnt let me down i would have made the quarters

i lost in the last 16 3-0 but in the first leg i had 5 darts at a double to win, in the 3rd leg i had 2 darts at a double to win

all 3 legs were around 18 darts, i was dead proud of how i played just missed my doubles is all. Missed a shanghai for a 15 darter too

Jacko Barry ended up winning it 4-1 in the final against Anto Caldwell who had been playing far better in the earlier rounds but couldnt reproduce the form against jacko who averaged about 92 in the final i was told.

i myself got to the last 16 and if my doubles hadnt let me down i would have made the quarters

i lost in the last 16 3-0 but in the first leg i had 5 darts at a double to win, in the 3rd leg i had 2 darts at a double to win

all 3 legs were around 18 darts, i was dead proud of how i played just missed my doubles is all. Missed a shanghai for a 15 darter too

Jacko Barry ended up winning it 4-1 in the final against Anto Caldwell who had been playing far better in the earlier rounds but couldnt reproduce the form against jacko who averaged about 92 in the final i was told.

Sounds impressive stuff all round, keep up the good form dionsiseire (apart from when we play;):D)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

Unlucky mate with the missed doubles and fair play sounded like you played some cracking darts all night, you'll be all the better for this experience and bet you next time you'll nail them doubles dead centre!;)

Have never entered a darts tournament before but have been practicing hard the past few weeks, then took a cuple of days off from throwing a dart didnt pick a dart up till yesterday from monday and after ten minutes i just clicked into gear and was hardly out of the 20's hit a few 180's lost count of 140's and then played my bro in a game of darts and beat him 3-0 in 17,19 and 22 darts averaged around 76/77..I reckon a break from playing for a couple of days if youve been practicing hard for a few weeks , does wonders for your gAME

• Advertisement

Very happy with my form at the moment!:D

I played against level 6 on No1 just there.
    I won 7-2!:D

My stats from this game read

100+ 12
    140+ 1
    180's 1
    High out 43
    Best 19x2

Averages
    Darts 21.71
    Score 65.32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

just finished our season there last friday night, we lost in the final of the cup 3-2, we should of won it. happy myself cos i came through the season undefeated 16 wins 0 losses, a nice return but would of liked a trophy,

now i dont know what to do until the season starts up again, its goin to be very hard to keep practicing. Does anyone have any tips on how to keep interested in off season please help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Start a new league?

Poxy Semi Final is pushed back a week, probably a good thing with my shoulder how it is

practice night see how the shoulder goes

Poxy Semi Final is pushed back a week, probably a good thing with my shoulder how it is

practice night see how the shoulder goes

Yes probably a good thing in the long run!

Start a new league?

starting a new league would be hard to do in summer, maybe a cup competition over a night or two might work.

Bere Island is in Cork (I think) so have a look at this thread;

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055547479

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Bere Island is in Cork (I think) so have a look at this thread;

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055547479

cheers, would love to go but have to work. might still go if work changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Lads, what is this No1 game a lot of you are referring to? I got myself a board around xmas and i try play a bit everyday, gets a bit boring playing on your own though. I find my game picks up and improves when i have people around.

Havent hit a 180 yet. Have hit 120+ 5/6 times though. Always bottle the 3rd dart or else miss the first and nail the last 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Thanks. Should make things a bit more interesting. It'll keep me at the board for longer in anyway. Level 1 - watchout. Its the doubles that get me every time. I can score with the 3x60 fairly regularly, so i can get down to a finish quickly enough but hitting doubles consistently just aint happening at the moment. Im ridiculously competitive though so ill stay up all night now just to beat the computer.

just installed n01, brilliant, this is goin to help big time.

My favourite check out is 98 now!;):D

Got it twice today believe it or not hitting tops,18,tops both times!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

ratinakeg wrote: »
    My favourite check out is 98 now!;):D

Got it twice today believe it or not hitting tops,18,tops both times!:D

thats some way of going for it. fair play mate:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭matty84

Howya's lads just thought id have a bit of a moan (but not about my dart skills) just about brenfer darts shop in caple street...went in there yesterday to buy a set of darts and they had the harrows boxer dart so was going to buy them darts until i asked her the price:eek::eek: 52 EURO'S for a set:eek::eek: There only 18pounds on dartscorner so id rather get them there, dnt think ill ever go in to brenfers again, does anybody else think there prices for darts is outrageous:eek::eek:

Did you tell them how much they were online?

sometimes you got to bargain with these people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Rob113 wrote: »
    Lads, what is this No1 game a lot of you are referring to? I got myself a board around xmas and i try play a bit everyday, gets a bit boring playing on your own though. I find my game picks up and improves when i have people around.

Havent hit a 180 yet. Have hit 120+ 5/6 times though. Always bottle the 3rd dart or else miss the first and nail the last 2.

i think everyone's the same when it comes to ton eighties... the key is not to get exited and keep your natural throw, you'll get one eventually and it's a great feeling:D

i was out last night playing lvl 9 and i was averaging 80 in the first 6 legs.

It took a 15 darter to win a leg as i got beaten 7-1 and the computer averaged 102 until the last 2 legs

Might go out after prem league for more practice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Did you tell them how much they were online?

sometimes you got to bargain with these people

You might get a few quid off with him but not a lot.

Best way to buy accessories (other than the net) is to go to the big open competitions. There is always someone running a stall at them and they are reasonably priced (a lot cheaper than our friend).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Gone back to using my Eric Bristows after using the new Sigma Pros for a few weeks. The improvement has been impressive. You game has to be spot on to throw the Sigmas but if you are throwing well they are a super dart.

Advertisement