Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscrone

Options
  • 30-07-2008 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

First is enniscrone in sligo?I think both mayo and sligo claim it,but if we could keep this thread here that'd be nice,thanks.Anyways the rents want to go to the beach for the wkend,and me and one of the sisters will be in tow.I'd rather just sleep til 2pm as per usual,but since thats not an option,has anyone any suggestions for what to do while there?They want to go for a meal friday evening,wheres good and will it need to be booked?I don't swim or surf,what else is there to do?Da's talking bout going fishing,where can i get a license?(prolly head to easkey for that)any other suggestions?Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

bank holiday weekend - I'd suggest booking.

I dined at the Diamond Coast hotel for a 21st. Company was lovely, food a little underwhelming. Might be better a la carte.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Good Indian there, Bombay Tandoori .... and Ropers (near enough next door) is a good traditional pub, ran by a nice fellah.

Oh, and it's in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

It's in Sligo. Postal address may be via Ballina, but it's in Sligo. As the crow flies it's about 1.5 miles to Mayo and by road, closer to 4 miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

And what is there to do other than watch crows fly??I hate water and holidays,even pretend wkend ones.

I love holidays. I need a @#$%ing holiday.

• Advertisement

You can go instead of me if you want,and i'll stay at home and get drunk.

Nah you'd have to cover my 12 hour shifts at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

You can go instead of me if you want,and i'll stay at home and get drunk.

Get drunk in Enniscrone. Problem solved:pac:

il gatto wrote: »
    Get drunk in Enniscrone. Problem solved:pac:
    can't,my ma is a crazy anti drink type.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

Your dad can go fishing in Ballina, supposed to be very good.

You could go horseriding, or em.......well I'm not sure what else cos Enniscrone is based around surfing (or at least that's what I know it for!)!

• Advertisement
Advertisement