Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cutting 01 Totoya Avensis Car Key

Options
  • 30-07-2008 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone knows a reliable but value-for-money place to cut a car key for a 01 Toyota Avensis? The key of my car was recently lost/stolen and I only have a backup key at the moment. Many people seem to be saying that Toyota main dealers charge an arm and a leg to get original keys cut. I would really appreciate it if someone could point me towards a reputable person/company for cutting keys - either at an online/website address or actual physical location. (I am based in Mid West of the country). Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

sl wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone knows a reliable but value-for-money place to cut a car key for a 01 Toyota Avensis? The key of my car was recently lost/stolen and I only have a backup key at the moment. Many people seem to be saying that Toyota main dealers charge an arm and a leg to get original keys cut. I would really appreciate it if someone could point me towards a reputable person/company for cutting keys - either at an online/website address or actual physical location. (I am based in Mid West of the country). Thanks in advance for your help!
    Only a toyota garage can do this, they have to code it using the dianostic computer so the car understands the key, its not as simple as just cutting a key like your house. Probably be over a €100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I'd say Toyota are your best bet, don't think it will be too bad seeing as you have one key already. I think they will look for your vehicle reg cert (log book) and from the chassis number they can simply order you in a key. The immobilizer is the problem, getting a key cut somewhere that's not coded will only open the doors and boot it won't start the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jockser101

i can programme a key to your car www.autokey.ie

100 euro

regards

Advertisement