Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dull pain months after root canal

• 30-07-2008 8:26pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I had a root canal done in february on one of my back teeth (top tooth)

I didn't have a crown as I need to get braces and it was recommended not to get a crown until after the braces were finished.

Anyway since the root canal was done and a proper filling put in a few weeks later (there was a temp filling at first), I've had a dull pain anytime I touch that tooth with my tongue or when I am eating.

I needed a lot of work done on the teeth on that side of my mouth, (two root canals and 3 fillings) and thought it was due to the tooth next to the one that is sore needing a filling.

That tooth has now been filled and I still have pain.
    It's also getting worse and I have a pain travelling up into my cheek which feels hot.

I'm going back to the dentist (deep, deep joy :( ) but am just curious if anyone has any idea what could be causing it?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

sounds like the root canal didn't fully fill the gap left by the removal of nerve and you have an infection. Dentist will easily be able to find out via xray.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thank you :)

Will I potentially need more filling/root canal work if that is the case?

Advertisement