Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What weight was baby when born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

I had twins born at 38+5, the boy was 7.4 and the girl 6.6 pounds when born. Most of his extra weight was the head, which was huge! Almost made me glad I ended up with a c-section because they wouldn't budge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

marti101 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are nearly all the babies on this thread monsters. What were we eating miracle grow lol.:pac:

My son was 2lbs 9oz (13 weeks early). He had a rough time for the first 2 months but he's great now.

Also, daughter weighed 5lbs 12oz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Leahsim wrote: »
    My son was 10lb and 3 days over. Couldn't walk for a week, but it was worth it!:):)

Amazing. He was walking after a week!:D

I'll get my coat.........................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 MMW

My son was 9lbs 13oz was delivered 6 days late by c-section as he was breeched.

I nearly died when someone said 11,27......worked out that was the time!!!

(11,27 doesn't make sense but I was fairly out of it!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

leesmom wrote: »
    ds 1 8lb 3oz 1 day over, on gas and air, lol at my mil who told me nearly the whole way through my pregnancy that my pelvis would be too small for a vaginal delivery,tryed her best to get me to convince the doctors that i would need to be brought in early and induced:rolleyes: was quite hilarious!!:p
    babs flew out in less than 5 hours(so much for my pelvis being too small,lol)
    Jesus that must have been great having a mil with medical knowledge.Ask her what medical school did she go to and where she got her degree lol:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I was just over 2 pounds when I was born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

MMW wrote: »
    My son was 9lbs 13oz was delivered 6 days late by c-section as he was breeched.

I nearly died when someone said 11,27......worked out that was the time!!!

(11,27 doesn't make sense but I was fairly out of it!)

:D

Same thing happened here. The midwife tried to convert his weight from kg using the wall chart and initially misread it as something like 12lb .....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

LarMan wrote: »
    I think I can beat those stats

First Son was 9lb 11oz
    Second Daughter 10lb 10lb
    Third Son ***11lb 15oz***

All were V Births and last two were without any pain relief. My wife is only 5 foot 3 so as you can imagine we were all impressed with the size of these babies.

holy crap is all I can say..:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭nataliehun

beautiful daughter 6lb 7oz...:D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Son, one week over, 6lb 14oz, delivery was hell on wheels. 27 hours, vacuum delivery.

Daughter, one week over, 7lb 14oz, delivery was plain sailing compared to the first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

My daughter was 8lb 4 oz.
    I on the other hand was 11 lb 8 oz , my ma was in labour for nearly 2 days , she said that they had to shave her twice !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Yes i was just 3lb born but dp was 10lb he was the biggest out of the lot of them and there was 9 kids altogeether..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Son 1 was born 15 days early and was 7lbs. 7oz and I didn't have as much as a puff of gas and air, not through choice

Son 2 was born 4 weeks early weighed 7lbs. 6oz.

Speaking of mother in laws, in the last few weeks before I had son 1 she kept on and on about how horrific labour is trying to frighten the sh1te or the baby out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

Daughter born on her due date and eventually came out pretty quick,
    when I was told I would need a c-section if I didnt push harder:o!!!

She was 8lb 2oz

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

My wife had a series of scans from 32 weeks ( due to unilateral hydronephrosis) and our son was way off in the 95th percentile so the Consultant told us we should get our heads round the idea of a section.
    Anyway at 40 weeks she was induced and babs was born 8 12.

But are babys being born alot heavier these days...none of us were even close to that wieght...is maternal diet causing babies to be born heavier??

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

1st baby: Girl, 7lb 7oz - 7 days over.
    2nd baby: Boy, 8lb 15 - 7 days over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

my son was 10lb, he was three weeks premature and my daughter was 7 lb 8 oz, two weeks premature... two gorgeous healthy babs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

My son was 6.5 weeks early (spantaneous membrane rupture, at 30 weeks, then went into labour naturally 3.5 weeks later) and was 5lb born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Lainey wrote: »
    my son was 10lb, he was three weeks premature and my daughter was 7 lb 8 oz, two weeks premature... two gorgeous healthy babs ;)

They may have arrived early .... clearly not pre-mature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

DS - 7lb
    DD1 - 7lb 15oz
    DD2 - 10lb 3oz

No sections or stitches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Baby Tadhg who is one next week, was a whopping 12lb on the dot. Everyone was shocked, I'm of average weight and build, was a size 12ish before I got pregnant.

Normal delivery, stalled a bit in the middle so i got the drip, pushing was only about 25mins though, so pretty standard. Wasn't cut, so I had a few stiches as you can imagine, but all in all I'm so glad I didn't have a section. Although I've been told if I were to go again, I'd be monitored extra careful and possibly induced early.

He was two weeks over btw, so that probably explains some of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Julietta

9lbs of pure gorgeousness, 10 days early - was very nervous about the delivery, my mum INSISTED I would forget about it by the next day.....the things Mums say to get you through ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭face2face

Three boys, 10lbs9oz, 10lbs 4ox and 10lbs even! All by C-section around 8 days early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Snowdrop

Just saw this & had to post.
    Son-8lb 6
    Daughter-1lb 5 oz. Born nearly four months early. Small but beautiful and two years old today!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭RIRI

The mad lad was 7lbs10 & 10 days over - fairly average for babs, I on the other hand managed to almost double my bodyweight while pregnant (I was very hungry :))

My partners Gran used to tell me all about how hers were all 12 pounders - she only admitted after I gave birth that she used to eat a whole block of cheese & drink a bottle of guinness every night for the last two months of every pregnancy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭newtothis

dd1-10lbs
    dd2-9lbs 9 oz
    ds-11lbs
    dd3-8lbs 14oz

And i'm 5 2, all were natural deliveries and last 2 without pain relief and i think last 2 went much quicker because of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

My daughter was 6 lbs 3ozs

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Silver33

My son was 11 lbs.. v. delivery - had I known he was going to be so big I think I would have died... I was told by doc that if I had more kids they'd probably be bigger.... no more for me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

1st son 9lbs exactly 10 days over emergency c section

2nd son 4lbs 4-6 weeks early c section due to pre-eclampsia. (9 weeks old now doing fine and just put on 17 ounces in a fortnight so up to 7lb 5ozs)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

dd 2 weeks early and born dismature at 5lb 12oz
    ds a few days over at 7lb 7oz

Advertisement