Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What weight was baby when born

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

First girl was 8lb 2oz (2 week overdue)
    Twins - boy 6lbs 15ozs, girl 6lbs 10ozs (delivered 2 weeks early)
    Latest girl was 7lbs 10ozs (2 weeks overdue)

All of whom are thriving (and driving Dad mad with their antics:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

8lbs 2.5oz she started to arrive a day before her due date and finally arrived a day after her due date.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lurvely

My daughter was 8lbs 4oz and was 2 weeks early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Dfens

DD 8 lb 15 oz, 10 days over, ventouse
    DS 8 lb 14 oz, 3 days over, just popped out....

both short labours & night-time babies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭shaz00

My 1st son 9lb 11oz, 2nd son 9lb 8oz, both c sections! Wonder what my 3rd will be :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 wada

1st girl 9lb 1 oz 1 week early, 2nd boy 5 weeks early 7lb 6 oz, 3rd boy 1 week early 8lb 15oz all natural

i was told when expecting my 2nd child that is i can push out a nine pounder i can push out a 10 pounder - thankfully he was 5 weeks early her was expected to be between 10 -11 lbs-

oh and the girl is now a diabetic and i nearly got diabetes in my last pregency - watch out for large baby weights -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 wada

Forgot to say my dad was 10lb 8 oz
    my nan was 11lb
    and her sister was 15lb and that was 80 years ago no epidural.
    i was 7lb and 3 weeks early
    my brother was 5lb and he was 8 weeks early
    my other brother 7lb and 3 weeks early

big babies run in the family so does diabetes. (there is a link)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

They were expexting me to have a 10lb baby cause i was so big.They weighed baby when i was 7 months and he was 7lb so they kept an eye on me and said they wouldnt let me go over a certain weight.BUT luckily he was going through a growth spurt but he calmed down and he was 9lb 1 born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Jabberfly

My DS whos 4 tomorrow was 8lbs 2 oz
    My DD who was born new years eve just gone was the same weight 8lbs 2 oz the two of them had the same head size and they were the same lenght and DP had natural deliveries no pain relief. :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 L'ilBird

É was 3 das overdue and weighed 6lb 14oz, nice size!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭chocciebutton

Our DS was 3 days early, weighed 7lb3/2 ounces, born by emergency section.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Missy Moo

Ds1 was 9lb 1 0z and was a week early,ds2 was 8lb 4 oz and was 12 days overdue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

wife had c-section ....

Twin A 6lb 1oz
    Twin B 3lb 15oz

damn doctor has a lot to answer for - dismissed wifes concerns of tiredness, headaches...etc as 'being a 1st time pregnant new mother' when all along she had pre-eclampsia (her resting blood pressure is very low so when it became high it wasn't high based on 'normal' charts....doc didn't pick it up...we were very lucky the wife took things very easy over the last 4 months!

the little one finally home after a couple of weeks in care unit and already 5lb 15oz now!

Advertisement