Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

need some help here guys..

Options
  • 30-07-2008 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

i'm thinkin of buyin a 01 audi a4 and on the log book it shows it was imported.i've done a check online and everythin seems ok but i cant find a site that'll tell me its country of origin.if anyone could help me out i'd appreciate it.the reg used to be y129hku.:confused::eek::o:p:pac::D;):rolleyes::(:P:cool::mad::)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

marble wrote: »
    the reg used to be y129hku

Sounds like a UK reg....

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭marble

thanks for that...do u know if theres any way of checking its history online usin the old reg?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

There is a place in Rosslare that can give you the entire history of a car if you give them the chassis number. Its how the VRT offices get the history of all the imported cars, haven't a breeze how to contact them though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

marble wrote: »
    thanks for that...do u know if theres any way of checking its history online usin the old reg?

HPI Check.....

http://www.hpicheck.com/newfrontend/

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd use the chassis number off the car as well as the old UK plate when getting a history check done from the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

HPI check as above. Give the chassis number / reg etc. You can enter the details online.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Agreed it seems like a Uk reg , Your VRT office should be able to tell you when and where your car was inported from .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

isint there a section on the log book (VLC) that gives a code for the county of origin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

That car would have originally been registered in Chelmsford between March and August 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭Esel

That car would have originally been registered in Chelmsford between March and August 2001.
    What country is that though? :)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

england.gif

Advertisement