Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving test

Options
  • 30-07-2008 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

My daughter received notification of her test on the 17 September next.

Her learner permit was issued on the 8 april last ,

As her license will not be a full 6 months old on the test date should she try to get a later date ? Would the examiner refuse to carry out the test.

She applied for the test on the advise of her instructor but it seems the waiting list is shorter than expected.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yes they would refuse to do the test. she could defer her test if needs be, and/or get a cancellation. Try giving the test centre a ring perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

snowman707 wrote: »
    Would the examiner refuse to carry out the test.
    It would be illegal for an examiner to allow her to be tested!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

If it's SGS you could sent them an e-mail and they will probably be able to put the test back to the day she can actually do it.

Everyone I know who's delt with them said they were sound enough about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Ok

thanks for replies,

yes it is SGC.

went on the website but it wouldn't accept re scheduling back as far as the date she wanted.

thanks again will sort it out in the next day or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

I had the same thing (can't believe they don't check first).

But they are fine if you phone up; you are allowed to reschedule 3 times, as I have done now for my test on Aug 19th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

BenjAii wrote: »
    (can't believe they don't check first)
    The applicant should provide that information in the "any additional information" section.

Advertisement