Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linking 2 wifi routers

Options
  • 30-07-2008 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hi ok ill explain this the best i can ask if you dont get me.Ill post this in wireless but it a mixture of both

So i have a cable internet which is then going into cable modem there is a signal lan cable coming out which goes into m dlink dir 301 wifi access point.
    This however doesnt reach room in the house.

So today i bought a zyxel asdl router/bridge with a view to moving it into the loft and running a cable from my dlink to a lan port on the zyxel then sharing wireless from their!I knows it possible as i had it briefly working but then i messed with a few settings(i found out how to change the modem to bridge) and know it wont work..
    Can anyone help me with this as i dont know what to do
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ricky91t wrote: »
    Hi ok ill explain this the best i can ask if you dont get me.Ill post this in wireless but it a mixture of both

So i have a cable internet which is then going into cable modem there is a signal lan cable coming out which goes into m dlink dir 301 wifi access point.
    This however doesnt reach room in the house.

So today i bought a zyxel asdl router/bridge with a view to moving it into the loft and running a cable from my dlink to a lan port on the zyxel then sharing wireless from their!I knows it possible as i had it briefly working but then i messed with a few settings(i found out how to change the modem to bridge) and know it wont work..
    Can anyone help me with this as i dont know what to do
    Thanks

Why did you buy an ADSL router, when a plain broadband router would have been cheaper and more easily made to work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

This was used on boards bnib for €25
    plus i was also buying a wifi card off the seller so it semmede easier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

It should work if you disable dhcp on your new loft dwelling zyxel and set it back to normal mode.

Advertisement