Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raffle off an Apartment!!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

mcgiggy wrote: »
    My God - the odds when you buy 2 tickets at 10 euro each bring the odds down to 29,998/1, you absolute lepper

No it doesn't. By your logic, assuming there were 30,000 tickets and you bought half of them, your odds of winning would be 15,000:1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

I missed this thread the first time out, but had actually seen the Devon property website just after they'd sold all the tickets.

They brought the draw forward to the middle of October when they sold out (it was originally to take place in early December) but the gaming commission in Britain stopped them, supposedly at the last minute.

http://www.winadevonpropertywithfishing.co.uk/postponement.php

Looks like they're fighting away with the authorities on this.

These people seem to be having a few difficulties as well.

http://www.winadevonmanor.co.uk/

This whole idea reminds me of what golf clubs were doing back in the 80's to raise funds. They usually gave away a car with a value of about £10,000 and sold 200 tickets at £100 apiece. There were a spate of them at the time.

OP, if you're still thinking of doing this, I wouldn't be too concerned about many of comments on here. If you can be sure you're well within the law (if that's possible) you should be fine. A good solicitor should be able to work it out for you. I must say that I'm surprised at some of the posts that warn of stamp duty and other "costs" associated with getting a house for €20. It's strange that on the Entrepreneurial and Business Management forum nobody suggested a loan. If those costs aren't covered, any bank - even today - will lend €20k or so when secured against a property worth €200,000. (That wasn't too difficult, was it ? ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Nippy00

Its just been launched <snip> check it out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭newfrontier

Interesting concept I am interested to see how it develops. I predict a legal challenge as there are so many people who could solve there own problems by doing the same thing. But as you are first out of the traps you should get the publicity and the legal headache .....but will fortune favour the brave.. Time will tell.

The main thing that puts me off is the entry process a bit complicated !!!. Why not stick to the UK example and do the same?
    You do realise the more complicated the entry procedure the less players you will have.

Anyway best of luck to you... you have just started something that will get people talking....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Nippy00 wrote: »
    Its just been launched www.20euroticket.com check it out :)
    This is not the same raffle the OP was doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

This is not the same raffle the OP was doing

This one has some interesting terms & conditions..
    39 – If the competition is cancelled the Promoter will return all of the entrance fees (minus administrative fees).
    43 - Entrants authorise the Promoter to enter their personal details into their database and to use the information in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Acts 1988 - 2003 and subject to the terms of Privacy Policy
    44 - The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any time either before or after tickets have been sold. If the Competition is cancelled, the Promoter will return the Entry Fees to each Entrant (either by bank card refund or by cheque and in one combined payment where several entries have been made by a competitor) less the fee referred to in condition 39. Where the Entry Fee is returned, the Promoter shall have no further liability to the Entrant or to any other person;

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement