Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run car on water

Options
  • 30-07-2008 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Has anyone installed the unit that converts water into a combustible gas which burns along with petrol or diesel?
    It sounds too good to be true, but I would love to hear from anyone who has converted their car, preferably in Ireland.
    Hopefully yours Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Hmm, not quite sure what you mean (converting water into hydrogen and oxygen consumes a lot of power, you'd better using that power to run your engine directly), maybe you are talking about fuel cells?

Anyways, when the oil runs out, we may all have to start using water (i.e. steam) power again anyhow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Anyways, when the oil runs out, we may all have to start using water (i.e. steam) power again anyhow!

Steam power is really coal power. Coal is non-renewable like oil I'm afraid.

The Japanese claim to have invented some engine that runs on water alright but I know little about it.

here is one link but you can google away yourselves if you are curious:

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20080613/153276/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Did you see the episode of (think its called geo mechanics) on discovery where they got a car to run on wood... Brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Bob N Along

I've built a unit to run an old transit van on used vegetable oil which I collect for free from the take aways and hotels. It works great and I get about the same miles to the gallon as I would with diesel but I had to drain out the tank as the oil is very thick and can clog a bit - when heated it thins out the oil and burns it like that. Before I build the fuel converter I used basically the same technique to build a fuel burner to heat the house - it has a big burner with an open flame that needs to blast up to heat the oil which then sprays out when its heated. Its a bit dangerous and makes a lot of noise so needs to be located in a shed well away from the main house for safety. But If you don't mind bombing down the road with the exhaust reekin of a chipper then it might be an option.

Advertisement