Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with broadband connection

Options
  • 30-07-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭

I dunno if this is the right section.

I've been having a lot of problems with my broadband connection lately. Every now and again it will just refuse to work. Upon resetting it/reconnecting it, it'll always give the old "limited or no connectivity" message which basically means "everything is connected but this baby is going at mach 9 to nowhere"

Originally I thought it was eircom's fault (like everything else in life;)) but I've discovered it's definitely my PC. My dads laptop has no problems (it's wirelessly connected btw) and it's not a dodgy Ethernet cable because I replaced the old one with a previously unused cable. Does anyone know how to help because the only methods of repair so far seem to be to reboot or to turn off the router for about an hour and restart. It takes about 15-20 mins for my PC to boot up so this is a major pain in the ass. I've tried pressing the "Repair" button on the connection window but it never gets passed the IP section, which is the first thing.

Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

network card drivers may be corrupt...

try uninstalling and reinstalling maybe. I had this with a dell vista laptop before. kept on getting a 169.254.*.* address. uninstalled the network card, rebooted and the network card loaded automatically (does not happen every time so get the divers first).

worth a shot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

yeah I'm having the same problem with eircom wireless 2mb connection, work laptop is fine but a 6 months old new pc is crawling along after about 15 mins internet usage and then starts hanging on web pages. Checked task mgr and there is nothing obvious taking up the resources. Ran a bandwith test this morning and it came in at 1.5mb, there are no error messages report, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

moving to broadband

Advertisement