Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Football League

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Good to see the Premiers improving on an already very strong team, cant be bad news for the second or third squads either, maybe one or two of last years 1st teamers will play seconds this year. Are the seconds in the same division as Ardattin? Ill be training there soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Yeah, Ardattin, Grange and parkville are all in the one league. Should be good

First round of fixtures available here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jake59

eddiehead wrote: »
    First round of fixtures available here

will there be still training for parkville 2nd's or is it cancelled cos thefirst team are playing on Friday... been down a few times to look at their games.. it's a good set up down there

jake59 wrote: »
    will there be still training for parkville 2nd's or is it cancelled cos thefirst team are playing on Friday... been down a few times to look at their games.. it's a good set up down there

Couldnt tell ya, but they train and play in completely seperate areas so I cant see why there wouldnt be training, Im sure Shay can give you an answer.

• Advertisement

and that I can :-)

We're playing another friendly tomorrow night (Thursday 21st) against the same team we played lastweek except we're playing in their pitch this time.
    We'll be leaving from Parkvilles grounds at 6:15 tomorrow evening.

So, with a game tomorrow and the Premier team playing friday there won't be any training this friday. But, the 2nds might train on their own on monday night but I'll update you on friday morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

How are all the pitches holding up? Im guessing we are going to see a lot of cancellations this weekend.

our pitch is ok. I can't comment on anyone elses. There's only been 1 game played on ours AFAIK, and maybe 3 on the premier pitch but even the training pitch is ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

were any of ye playing down in the I.T tonight on the all weather pitch?

patrickc wrote: »
    were any of ye playing down in the I.T tonight on the all weather pitch?

No, I've never played there

• Advertisement

Villain wrote: »
    Can't see 3 teams Shay, there is plans or an under 18 team. IMO you need a panel of 20 players per team for the frist team and second team, at least this year the first and second teams matches will be on at the same time 11am so there won't be much of a cross over. We only have just over 40 players registered so 3 teams from that would leave 3 squads small on numbers.

Personally I think 2 squads of 20 or so players would also help get people train, almost no 2nd team players trained last year once the season got underway and we really struggled to get numbers, I managed the team a few times last year and my heart was broke trying to get players on a sunday morning. Its very different getting lads out of bed on a wet cold November Sunday.

Wheres my jumper, our pitches are good mainly due to natural drainage of the site towards the river, we also applied a lot of sand to the pitches and hollow pointed it at the end of the season. If only the local thugs would leave the bloody place alone.

I totally agree on the 20 player panel. Its horrible turning up to a game with only 8 or 9 players. It was your Dad who was the last one to mention a 3rds team to me and even with 40 players registered, there's alot of peole turning up that I'd say haven't registered yet. Can't wait for the friendly tonight. I'm rarin' to go!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

If Parkville have no 3rd team which league will the 2nds be playing in? It was my understanding in talking with Johnny Coughlan last week he was only putting the 2nds in division 2 because of the 3rd team coming in. Will the 2nds be put back to division 3 now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Not a hope of that happening far too strong for the 3rd Division, should get promoted back to the 1st if the lads put in the effort, it was only 3 or 4 seasons ago the Carlow League were having to get rule clarification because our second team looked to be getting promoted to the premier also.
    Best of luck hope you can improve. I think the league is wide open this year. The only thing I can't understand is Slaney Rovers being put back to the 2nd division. We played them last year and although they were never a premier team they could of held their own in division 1. I can't see how they have gone back that far to warrant being dropped 2 divisions. Only time will tell I suppose but it would be unfair if slaney took a promotion spot from another team this year.

parkville have 4 teams in at the minute
    http://www.carlowsoccer.com/tables.htm

premier, 2nd division, 3rd division and 18s

Thats coz the auld lad said its easier to take them out than get them added !!

yeah, that's what the said to me

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eunified61

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Tullow Town's pitch is nice but... infortunately they're a terrible team.
    I only started back training lastweek, first time in 2 years and I really enjoy it. Looking forward to the new season.
    I only play 2nds, probably due to my fitness level but still its great fun.
    SHAY TRY AND PLAY THE WHOLE SEASON THIS TIME,parkville will be lucky to have two teams by Christmas

eunified61 wrote: »
    SHAY TRY AND PLAY THE WHOLE SEASON THIS TIME,parkville will be lucky to have two teams by Christmas

What do ya mean by that and who the hell are ya?
    Every season I played I played the FULL season. I didn't play at all last year.
    I'm really curious as to WHO dA f**k ARE YOU?

umm a local golfer I think

with interests in Philosopy?
    I was goin' to suggest it was either TM or CM but don't think either of those are into philosopy.

and the other was playing soccer with me so that's him gone too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,904 ✭✭✭patrickc

lads can we keep the topic on football please, and if you trying to find out who someone is use the random waffle thread or take it to pm cheers.

• Advertisement

patrickc wrote: »
    lads can we keep the topic on football please, and if you trying to find out who someone is use the random waffle thread or take it to pm cheers.

will do sorry.

I'll update you on friday morning.

True to my word.

The game lastnight was cancelled because Carnew's pitch was unplayable but we had a squad of 26 players so we had a full game between ourselves. 11 vs 11 with 4 subs and we were missing a few at that. I can think of 7 off the top of my head (including jake59)

The plan is to do the same again on monday night at 7:30 after which, the 2nd team manager is going to pick his panel. I don't know how big a panel he will pick, ideally 20 I'd say but I don't know. I don't fancy the job myself. There's alot of good players there to choose from.

True to my word.

The game lastnight was cancelled because Carnew's pitch was unplayable but we had a squad of 26 players so we had a full game between ourselves. 11 vs 11 with 4 subs and we were missing a few at that. I can think of 7 off the top of my head (including jake59)

The plan is to do the same again on monday night at 7:30 after which, the 2nd team manager is going to pick his panel. I don't know how big a panel he will pick, ideally 20 I'd say but I don't know. I don't fancy the job myself. There's alot of good players there to choose from.

So ye'r gona have a few disappointed heads on monday then? Thats an unreal turnout. Whos the seconds manager?

eddiehead wrote: »
    So ye'r gona have a few disappointed heads on monday then? Thats an unreal turnout. Whos the seconds manager?

Ger O'Shea (GOS) is Manager with Larry Earl as 2nd in command.

how many are registered now?

how many are registered now?

do you have to be registered to play that match on monday? (insurance might be a factor.. i dunno?) if not i'll bring my boots.... what time are you meeting at?

no. Its only a friendly game between parkville players.
    Did matsy not make you sign when you were talking to him?
    He's losing his touch :)

no. Its only a friendly game between parkville players.
    Did matsy not make you sign when you were talking to him?
    He's losing his touch :)

No he didn't and what with you having matches instead of training lately its been hard to get a start... was down looking at the match against carnew and got talking to a guy called Martin Coady (i think) and his son... they seemed sound!!

yeah they're sound alright.
    His son, Gary is the premier team coach.

I did see ya there at the carnew game but I was on the opposite side of the pitch. We were just talking about this lack of height our team possess and then I pointed you out and said something like "eh, that guy over there is going to play with us so that'll sort that out!"

What position do you usually or like to play?

• Advertisement

What position do you usually or like to play?[/quote]

it really depends on my fitness.... the fatter i get the further i go back so i would class myself as a centre half at the moment:D:D

Advertisement