Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Join Up??

• 30-07-2008 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

Some people see it as a calling some see it as a safe and pensionable job, some do it because of family tradition... Whats the motivation people??? I served for 8 years... its a tough job but very enjoyable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 AshTrollyDolly

I have applied twice...once when I was fresh out of school aged 18 and the second time was back in may when it came up on publicjobs.ie.... its something that I have always wanted to do since I was a kid... I love challenging jobs...and getting to interact with the public.. be it in good situations or bad.. but hopefully now, this time around when the exam comes up again...I'll get it..... oh by the way, does anyone have any idea when that is?!?!?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

jake59 wrote: »
    Some people see it as a calling some see it as a safe and pensionable job, some do it because of family tradition... Whats the motivation people??? I served for 8 years... its a tough job but very enjoyable.

Just a quick question for you why did you leave the force? Move on to greener pastures or because you were fed up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jake59

cpstears wrote: »
    Just a quick question for you why did you leave the force? Move on to greener pastures or because you were fed up?

Joined DFB..... kids came along and I found the shift work impossible as my wife is also a guard so am in a job now with similar to better pay and more time off for the family. :cool:

Advertisement