Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Fixies for Sale?

Options
  • 30-07-2008 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey guys...

Just back from hols in france. Caught up with the TDF, cycled around a bit and blew all my money in a Decathlon store.

Anyways, just wonderin if there are any reasonable priced fixies out there that anybody is selling for getting in and out of work etc....

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

give me some details, size(yours and the bike), components? oh and price guide(bear in mind, you usually get what you pay for.)
    regards
    dotc

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Anzer123

me about 5.9 and a half, suppose 54 cm frame would be the right job. Not looking for anything to flash as i have only recently upgraded to a carbon raod bike, i suppose 100-300 price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

I think the only way you'd get a fixie for that price is if the freewheel seized on a normal bike.

tunney wrote: »
    I think the only way you'd get a fixie for that price is if the freewheel seized on a normal bike.

Ha ha. fair enuf...maybe ill consider strentchin a bit. Thought id be able to pick up a well used bike for that. Might just have to setle for a bog standard mountain bike tho for the time being if not as the budget is tight

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

You could pick up a fixie second hand in that price range- flickerx was selling some conversions on eBay recently and they went in that sort of ballpark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Yeah, I'm sure our friendly neighbourhood fixed-gear magician (not to mention amatuer surgeon) might have something he could knock up for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

Keith in wolfe cycles on sundrive rd(opp superquinn sc) could help. pm me for his number. will check with the messengers on friday for you.
    ride safe.
    dotc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thesunwashot

I was in Hollingsworth the other day and noticed they had a Giant Bowery reduced down to 400 from around 550. Not sure about available sizes as I just saw it on my way out.

Seems like a pretty good deal if you struggle to find a second hand one within the 300 price bracket.

I don't know whether they are good bikes but the price is good anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I was in Hollingsworth the other day and noticed they had a Giant Bowery reduced down to 400 from around 550. Not sure about available sizes as I just saw it on my way out.

Seems like a pretty good deal if you struggle to find a second hand one within the 300 price bracket.

I don't know whether they are good bikes but the price is good anyway.
    That is a good price for Ireland. It's also available online (cyclestore.co.uk) for £271 (around €360 delivered.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

fish-head wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm sure our friendly neighbourhood fixed-gear magician (not to mention amatuer surgeon) might have something he could knock up for you.

That finger still isnt right, looks like my nail is going to fall off now...

I dont have anything really in the pipeline at the moment - but if thesunwashot can help me get the cottered cranks off this frame I have, then it'd make for a good starter frame for a self-build. Probably sell it for around the €50 mark.

And yeah, all the bikes I sold went on average for €200-€220. The blue Peugeot went for €167.50.

• Advertisement

Hey dudes, thanks for all the replys!

Flickerx, id be interested in that frame if it became available, would defo like to start a self build project. let me know!

Advertisement