Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Beers. The Mega Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

takola wrote: »
    It's not. That was a mistake! Whoops! :o

I'm not too bothered about the date, I went with friday's for the poll and thought about puting in 27/28th etc but I think it would just lead to more hassle because you'd have half the people wanting it on one day and half on the other.

Fixed now! :)
    I thought the 18th may have been your birthday or something ;). No harm done at all.

A Friday night is the best choice anyhow - well probably for most people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

muffler wrote: »
    I'll do my best to be there.

As long as you remember, that in a public place, you can do shag all about people who you consider to be unfunny & acting the muppet. Such is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

As long as you remember, that in a public place, you can do shag all about people who you consider to be unfunny & acting the muppet. Such is life.

WTF???

Muffler has a great sense of humour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

So who's offering up couches for the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Ok, I'm getting tired of you two snapping at each other.

I'm aiming this at the both of you. Stop snapping at each other. You're beginning to look like teenagers and it's disrupting the threads. If you don't like each other that's fair enough. Avoid each others posts. If you must reply keep it civil rather than writing snappy little replies to each other. The fact that you don't just come out and insult each other doesn't mean that the rest of us can't read the insults intended.

I'm only giving one warning on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

mmmmm beer

anyway I'm glad to see that Hargadon's is winning, was in there last night and I think it's lovely. Unfortunately don't seem to have anything interesting on tap but such is life in Sligo... I'm willing to stick to spirits. The sacrifices I make! The suffering! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Gillie wrote: »
    WTF???

Muffler has a great sense of humour!

thats true, I had lots of giggles at his posts! and go Takola!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'll probably wander over for a few. I can do most Friday / Saturday evenings to be honest.

EDIT: Have heard the pints in Hargadon's are terrible.. but haven't had one myself so can't judge!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Maybe it's the new taps (or even older kegs) is whats making the pints not taste great. Don't know for certain as I haven't been down yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

When is the date, place decided, so that I can check if babysitter is available....

• Advertisement

What's Shoot The Crows like? It looks small in the outside. Is it big inside? Will it be able to fit all of the Boardsies? Reminds me of the Resident Evil games...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

DenMan wrote: »
    What's Shoot The Crows like? It looks small in the outside. Is it big inside? Will it be able to fit all of the Boardsies? Reminds me of the Resident Evil games...:D

I've only been there twice and both times it was totally packed and quite a struggle to get served. Don't know if it would be a good venue for a Boardsies night out?

Ok from the looks of it the 11th of July is looking like the most popular date and Hargidons is the pub of choice. How does that suit people?

I'll leave this open for another day or two.

Hargadon's has a much more workable area for a large-ish group. Shoot's would probably be pretty impossible I'm afraid :(

ETA: As has been pointed out, post #666! Awesome, I am anti-christ mod. Now... to continue posting via editing posts I've already made...... hmmmm....

I think you are right Xiney. The proof being that your post number is 666. We should stay away. Maybe it is good for a smaller crowd. We will look into it I have no doubt.

A lot of the Regional boards simply organise a "beers night" like this so...

Myself, Xiney and YeatsCounty shall be meeting for a snifter of port and some fine Cuban cigars in The Glasshouse at 9pm this evening so any Sligo forum members who are about - do feel free to join us!

Doubt anyone will turn up but worth a shot!

Basquille's making Mr Xiney and I sound so classy :pac:

(I think the only time I've had port was when we didn't have anything else to spike the eggnog with. Terrible. Just terrible)

takola wrote: »
    Ok from the looks of it the 11th of July is looking like the most popular date and Hargidons is the pub of choice. How does that suit people?

I'll leave this open for another day or two.

Anyway guys, either reply to say you can make it and you'll be there etc or never complain that we don't organize beers again!

We tried goddamnit!

I'd be up for that date, no probs. I must try and make sure I am free that weekend.

I can probably make that date also..

** must resist urge to post photo evidence of Mr Xiney's binge in 4 Lights **

:D

• Advertisement

haha

it's a class picture

but yeah, he'd probably be quite upset :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

basquille wrote: »
    I can probably make that date also..

** must resist urge to post photo evidence of Mr Xiney's binge in 4 Lights **

:D
    Ah, g'wan, I don't mind.....the morning might be a different matter though. :p

Which is nicer. 4 Lanterns or Abrakebabra? Every time I go into Abrakebabra I always seem to get a very fragile kebab. I don't know why this is the case, but it always seems to break apart right in front of me!! has anyone else ever had this problem. I got kebabs in other stores around the country and they are perfectly fine, no probs at all. Here is another story. I like them but it's ridiculus. They should give people a spoon with it instead of a fork. :(

Get a kebab in Best's... your only place!

Tried one there when I cam home for Christmas from Malta. It was covered in grease and the grease had solidified, never again. Truly awful. Haven't been in that place since. It always looks empty when you go passed it. I'd say there is a reason for that.

WTF?

This thread isn't to discuss fast food people!

If you'd like to reply and let us know whether you'd like to attend the beers please feel free to. Otherwise let this thread die!

No more off topic posting!

Yep I did earlier, hope I can get down. I was replying to a mention of 4 Lanterns from another post and it sort of took off.

The Glass House would be a great place to have the Beers but I think it is heading for Hardigans. Lets hope there is plenty of space inside...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Jabby

DenMan wrote: »
    The Glass House would be a great place to have the Beers but I think it is heading for Hardigans. Lets hope there is plenty of space inside...:)

If you all don't mind me saying so but aren't ye all getting a little bit carried away with this 'beers' thing. I think it's a ridiculous idea. The beauty of boards is it's anonymity. Won't this spoil that.

• Advertisement

Hey Jabby

Go to Sys and then go to Events. The Beers is one of the most popular social events on the calendar. There are many others of course. It is nice to put a few faces on the posts we read/write. I for one am looking forward to it, once we get it finalized. Come along, I'm sure you will enjoy it. I am not even from here!!!

Advertisement