Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Beers. The Mega Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

muffler wrote: »
    Well dont ban me because I'll not be there ;)

Don't worry - it's people who've said they'll be there that will get banned if they stand me up :P

sunglasses at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Xiney wrote: »
    sunglasses at night?

mmm, that could actually work, will wear over my head though, not over the eyes, might look a bit stupid

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

I'm neither wearing a Hawaiian shirt nor drinking Creme de menthe!

I'm finished work at 9 so I'll be there by 9.30. So nobody needs to panic about being first. I'll be upstairs on a couch if I can manage it at all, I'll build some kind of elaborate construct on the table, and I'll wear.....hmmm..........a black Queen t-shirt, thus standing out from the well dressed clientel ;)

Now if you lot leave me sitting alone for the night, I'll have to kill the lot of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

fozzle wrote: »
    I'll be upstairs on a couch if I can manage it at all, I'll build some kind of elaborate construct on the table.

You could keep setting fire to the beer mats/napkins so that they look like flares. Light one every five minutes on the minute. :D

I won't be there I'm in Dublin today. Unless the person who offered to be designated driver wants to collect me and drop me back? :p

• Advertisement

You could keep setting fire to the beer mats/napkins so that they look like flares. Light one every five minutes on the minute. :D

I won't be there I'm in Dublin today. Unless the person who offered to be designated driver wants to collect me and drop me back? :p
    I'd love to, but sure we wouldn't get to the Glasshouse till several hours after closing then. Otherwise I'd love to drive 12 hours for you. Honest >.>

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I'll be at work so have fun. (that's the truth too, not some flimsy excuse, before you ask:))

il gatto wrote: »
    I'll be at work so have fun. (that's the truth too, not some flimsy excuse, before you ask:))
    Where do you work? Would you like some drunken amusement? ;)

is going to be near 10 before i'm there, playing football first, will try not to get injuried this time

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

We won't be able to make it, babysitter is not available. Have a drink for us will ye? :)

What about everybody going to the match on Sunday as well? Show some support for the club and meet up with everone too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

will give it a miss this time guys, not in Sligo on Thursdays and heading to the Galway Races on Saturday :D

Maybe ye could all carry a news paper or summit, I think that's one of the things they did in the BGRH, or a can of condensed milk.

so.....

so far we have

me
    fozzle
    big mac (possibly)
    xiney

upstairs in the glass house, 9.30 onwards

I'll be there around 10:30 or possibly later.

I've been warning everyone arriving that I have plans tonight and the kitchen closes at 10 strictly... but people always ignore me :(

seeya there xiney

so have we established the sign yet, think its too wet for sun glasses, is it the house of beer mat cards, what if the glass house use paper mats or napkins instead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

I presume newbies are allowed:)

I'm on call tonight, so might not be able to get in to town.
    If I can, I will, though.

absoluty dakar, mines a pint if your there first

:D

Newbies are certainly welcome!!

I think the sign of a newspaper on the table was a good idea! Fozzle, you still around to set that up?

Newbies are certainly welcome!!

I think the sign of a newspaper on the table was a good idea! Fozzle, you still around to set that up?
    Sure sure sure. And I'm fairly sure I'll be the only chick in a Queen shirt, so I should be easy to spot!

Oh, and I'm definately driving tonight so if anyone is worried about getting home don't worry, I'll give ya a lift!

Right, I'm off - I'll pick up the Weekender on the way, and hopefully find a stash of beermats ;)

See ye soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Can't make it this evening anyways.. am doing some work on a website for my sister-in-law and promised her something stable and worthwhile to produce this weekend, so I've some catching up to do as it's far from either!

Enjoy it though.. can meet up for pints on Saturday or Sunday if anyone's about though.

• Advertisement

*ping!*

And so I return from the very exciting beerage ;)

Was just me, Big Mac, Irish Stew and Xiney in the end, seems Dakar wussed out - shame sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

*ping!*

And so I return from the very exciting beerage ;)

Was just me, Big Mac, Irish Stew and Xiney in the end, seems Dakar wussed out - shame sir!

Dammit, you beat me to it! Next time someone should pose as a resident to stop this whole non sale of beerage after hours thingie....

It may have felt like a blind date at the start, but definitely a good night.

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Dammit, you beat me to it! Next time someone should pose as a resident to stop this whole non sale of beerage after hours thingie....

It may have felt like a blind date at the start, but definitely a good night.
    *sighs* Irish-Stew and I were having a "moment" until you came along with your screams of blind date you know ;)

*sighs* Irish-Stew and I were having a "moment" until you came along with your screams of blind date you know ;)

There's always one who goes and ruins the moment isn't there? Kinda like that guy who keeps impersonating a sheep on a bus trip....

It was fun, agree about someone posing as a resident although wouldn't it be easier/cheaper/more fun just to stock up at an offy and smuggle cans up in bags?

lol. just kidding.

It was fun, agree about someone posing as a resident although wouldn't it be easier/cheaper/more fun just to stock up at an offy and smuggle cans up in bags?

lol. just kidding.

Although..... It was awfully quite up there with the distinct lack of bar staff..... could have been done. Note this in the minutes for the next meeting

We'd have totally gotten away with it, actually.

Scumbags.

*tucks vodka back into pocket* ;)

Scumbags.

*tucks vodka back into pocket* ;)

We need to invent a quite method of opening can's though. Doubt they'd believe it was 7up if they asked us

• Advertisement

Big_Mac wrote: »
    We need to invent a quiet method of opening can's though. Doubt they'd believe it was 7up if they asked us
    Dumbass ;)

....and after all your ranting tonight

Advertisement