Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Beers. The Mega Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

howdy guys, a very enjoyable evening was had, nice to meet you guys, must do it again, sorry had to run back, left my umbrella behind

hopefully we'll get our moment again fozzle, damn you BM for spoiling it

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

irish-stew wrote: »
    howdy guys, a very enjoyable evening was had, nice to meet you guys, must do it again, sorry had to run back, left my umbremla behind

;)

Just so you know Fozzle, He PM'd me there to say that if it wasn't for me barging in like I did, the wedding would be off as we speak ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

howdy guys, a very enjoyable evening was had, nice to meet you guys, must do it again, sorry had to run back, left my umbremla behind

;)

Yay!

*sniggers* now I have an image of you cycling with your umbrella, yelling at GPS.........

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Just so you know Fozzle, He PM'd me there to say that if it wasn't for me barging in like I did, the wedding would be off as we speak ;)
    He's mistaken, the wedding would still be on, I'd just play musical grooms - I'm a good Catholic girl you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

How many people turned up?

• Advertisement

4 ^_^ Myself, Irish-Stew, Big_Mac and Xiney.

Just wanted to make that look bigger than it was ;)

fozzle wrote: »
    Yay!

*sniggers* now I have an image of you cycling with your umbrella, yelling at GPS.........

and dodging car doors

and dodging car doors
    mostly your one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

It was a good size. We all had enough air time to tell various stories of us getting the better of customer service representatives etc.

• Advertisement

fozzle wrote: »
    4 ^_^ Myself, Irish-Stew, Big_Mac and Xiney.

after many failed attempts, sligo had a beers night

:D

Xiney wrote: »
    It was a good size. We all had enough air time to tell various stories of us getting the better of customer service representatives etc.

True true, we all seem to have had the same feeling as described below.

Frustration_Relief.gif

People should be made pass an IQ test before they are let into any type of shop. Difficulty depending on the type of product. Then again, we wouldn't have anything to complain about then

So like was it good?
    Do ye think ye could persuade more people to go next time now that ye have been to one?
    It wasn't a big drunken affair was it?

So like was it good?
    Do ye think ye could persuade more people to go next time now that ye have been to one?

it was good, it was very socialable, a few drinks, a few laughs, plus we now have dirt on one of the mods

only messing xiney ;)

think the best way to go for the future is impromptu, some one just name a time/day/place within a few days of meet, and ask whos going

:)

So like was it good?

Not a drunken affair no, not enough drink, the Moderator of the bar said no, and as per the charter forum, no arguing with a mod in the bar.....

Was good yea, I enjoyed it and would like to do something like it again. Numbers could improve the next time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

after many failed attempts, sligo had a beers night

:D

congrats i didn't think it would happen!

I didn't think it would happen either so well done to the people who actually kept to their word and didn't bail out last minute.
    It's hilarious all the excuses.
    The Dublin Beers always get loads of people and it's seems really crazy but I guess that's because of the population.

I would go but I don't want to be the youngest person there (no offence but most of you guys seem older).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

I didn't think it would happen either so well done to the people who actually kept to their word and didn't bail out last minute.
    The Dublin Beers always get loads of people and it's seems really crazy but I guess that's because of the population.

I would go but I don't want to be the youngest person there (no offence but most of you guys seem older).

:eek: Is that a hint of ageism?????;) Xiney is a young thing.

Glad the beers went ahead! Sounds like ye hit it off. Maybe we'll make the next one.

Pah! The youth of today! ;)

You should come the next time, we're honestly not scary! Even if we are apparantly all old and withered....... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Delighted it went well guys! :)

I promise I will make it to the next one come hell or high water! Basquille mentioned Saturday or Sunday night? I'm around for Saturday. Heading to see the Dark Knight on Sunday night.

Hopefully this will encourage more people to come along!

God, a Sligo beers that went ahead! Who'd have thunk it? :D Thanks Stewie!

• Advertisement

I can't come out Saturday - it's my "I can't believe it's not a hen party", but if there's folks out Sunday I'll likely pop out for a while :)

think the best way to go for the future is impromptu, some one just name a time/day/place within a few days of meet, and ask whos going

Agreed - basquille's been saying this for months as well :P

I'm up for Saturday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Is there a prize for the best excuse? I had to go and calve a cow and I would give more details but for the fear of being banned on the grounds of wanton and gratuitous grossness:D

it's ok dakar! You'd already said you were on call.

takola wrote: »
    Delighted it went well guys! :)

I promise I will make it to the next one come hell or high water! Basquille mentioned Saturday or Sunday night? I'm around for Saturday. Heading to see the Dark Knight on Sunday night.

Hopefully this will encourage more people to come along!

God, a Sligo beers that went ahead! Who'd have thunk it? :DThanks Stewie!

er, erm, um, its nothing without other people turning up, thanks should also be given to BM, xiney, and fozzle

:o

i would also be up for a few on saturady or sunday, ooh, sligo's 2nd boards beers, who wants to be brave and announce it

and none of us were nerdy or geeky, apart from the geeky glasses conversation, their designer for the record

:cool::p:cool:

no had their laptops with them or their PDAs disctretly posting, we chatted about loads of different stuff, with very few references to boards,

oh and if we are meeting in the glass house again, the newspaper idea is best, plus since a few of us now know each other, we should be easier to spot

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

dakar wrote: »
    Is there a prize for the best excuse? I had to go and calve a cow and I would give more details but for the fear of being banned on the grounds of wanton and gratuitous grossness:D
    I would have went but dakar stole my excuse! :o:(

since a few us a few of us now know each other, we sould be easier to spot
    Well, I know Xiney and YeatsCounty well.. and I met you in town last week with my girlfriend who works with you in Toucan (assume you know who I mean).

basquille wrote: »
    and I met you in town last week with my girlfriend who works with you.

were you with your girlfriend, or on your own

:confused:

• Advertisement

were you with your girlfriend, or on your own

:confused:
    With my girlfriend.. she said hi to you and only explained who you were afterwards.

Advertisement