Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Beers. The Mega Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I will be around Sunday if there's anyone around I can pop in for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

basquille wrote: »
    With my girlfriend.. she said hi to you and only explained who you were afterwards.

mmmmm

<tries to think>

was chating to one or two from work in the week, was it just a hi or a conversation

<borrows BM stalker hat ;)>

getting back to the beers this weekend, could do a few maybe either night, does some one want to make a imprompto announcment, ie night time and place

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

irish-stew wrote: »
    mmmmm

<tries to think>

was chating to one or two from work in the week, was it just a hi or a conversation
    Was a hi (on Saturday I think) outside the front of Tesco.

Was a hi (on Saturday I think) outside the front of Tesco.

yes, think i remember now, saturday evening was it

yes, think i remember now, saturday evening was it
    Can't remember.. think it was the afternoon..

• Advertisement

i remember now, i think i was heading out of tescos after work when i seen ya's

so are you going to head to the beers this weekend, once someone is brave enough to say a day

hint hint someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

With my girlfriend.. she said hi to you and only explained who you were afterwards.
    mmmmm

<tries to think>

<borrows BM stalker hat ;)>

getting back to the beers this weekend, could do a few maybe either night, does some one want to make a imprompto announcment, ie night time and place

Think now Irish Stew think.... You know who it is.

Big_Mac wrote: »
    Think now Irish Stew think.... You know who it is.

erm, BM
    i remember now, i think i was heading out of tescos after work when i seen ya's

erm, BM

Erm BM nowt. You said you remember you think you were leaving tesco. Too much thinking in that for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Saturday! A couple of people have said they're about on Saturday night?

• Advertisement

takola wrote: »
    Saturday! A couple of people have said they're about on Saturday night?

name the time and place then takola

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I missed it last night because I havnt been on boards so didn't know anything was been organised:(
    I'm around all weekend so anytime suits me really.

name the time and place then takola

;)

Well I won't be there until 10ish as I have work tomorrow and I'll be working late. Not sure if you guys will want to meet up earlier than that?

As for a pub. I don't drink much so I don't spend alot of time in the pubs/clubs of Sligo so I've no idea where would be suitable? Maybe Hardigons? We've talked about that pub enough?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I would go but I don't want to be the youngest person there (no offence but most of you guys seem older).

Well I'm 21 (nearly 22, someone better hand me the walking stick) so I'm young unlike these auld farts. :D I was working at 8 this morning so beer would have been a bad idea last night. I might be up for a few this weekend depends on the mood I'm in after work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Ok well as long as i'm not the only kid there like!!
    Saturday would be a good night for a beers because most people go out anyway!

Saturday would be a good night for a beers because most people go out anyway!

I'm only 22!!

What age are you?

/suspicious look

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm only 22!!

What age are you?

/suspicious look
    22?!?!?! Jaysus, sure you're practically drawing a pension at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

I'm only 22!!

What age are you?

/suspicious look

Ok there is quite a few kids here:D
    Everyone comes accross way older that's all.
    I'm nineteen.

22?!?!?! Jaysus, sure you're practically drawing a pension at this stage.

I'm getting a bus pass too. Unfortunately the buses aren't so easy with the auld zimmerframe! :(
    Ok there is quite a few kids here:D
    Everyone comes accross way older that's all.
    I'm nineteen.

I would like to state for the record that I am a big child!

Now everyone get back in line! :D

Where we meeting tomorrow night so? Is it The Glasshouse again? I'll be meeting a mate for a few drinks (not decided on where yet) so I should be about for a couple of sparkling Ballygowns (they still have hops and 4.8% alcohol, right?!)

• Advertisement

Where we meeting tomorrow night so? Is it The Glasshouse again? I'll be meeting a mate for a few drinks (not decided on where yet) so I should be about for a couple of sparkling Ballygowns (they still have hops and 4.8% alcohol, right?!)

so not hargondons, thought that was mentioned earlier, glass house probably better, at least if we tun up at all different times, we can still all sit together, up stairs i assume

I'm easy! (ohhhh.. as an actress said to a bishop!)

I'm probably going to the Glasshouse for one or two anyways.. because like Xiney and YeatsCounty both know, I've a real intolerance of really noisy music when you wanna chat.. so places like The Belfry is out for me anyways!

I don't mind listening to loud music.. but christ, some places take the piss. I really don't need Mylo "Under Pressure" blaring in my ear while I'm trying to enjoy some tea and a Werthers Original for fecks sake!

so shall we say the glasshouse then guys, tomorrow night, some time after 9.30/10, will probably come down for a few if there is interest

Yep that sounds good to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Have fun my little nerdlings - randomly insult Big_Mac for me - I've found it to be a lot of fun ;)

well guys, following the sucsess of sligos first beers night, well 4 people turned up, and the thread generated alot of interest

thought to my self will start a new post, just incase the the original thread has caused any confusion

seems the most popular night and venue, well, its what has been mentioned the most

tomorrow night (saturday) 9.30 onwards, upstairs in the glasshouse

will only be able to stay out for a few though my self, but hopefully after the first meet up, and the interest it generated here, people wont feel to nervious about going, what do ye's think

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'll be there from about 10:30 onwards :)

I'll get there from about 10 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

ner, I'm 22 as well.

• Advertisement

fozzle wrote: »
    Have fun my little nerdlings - randomly insult Big_Mac for me - I've found it to be a lot of fun ;)

Sorry Fozzie Wozzie, no can do. Preparations need to be made for the impending christening, so can't make it. Still, next time we meet for beers you will have the proverbial ball and chain, so I can send the insults right back at you.....:pac:

Advertisement