Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Beers. The Mega Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

It says I already voted in this poll but I didn't :o Anyways I'd be voting No but not because of the dates but the fact that I now live in a different country and wont be home until December 19th for the holidays so don't change the date to suit me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It says I already voted. Editing polls can be a pain. A better idea might be to have a new thread whenever someone is looking for a beers and when it's run it's course then merge it into this existing thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So, we have a problem with the poll, people who voted in the original cant vote in this new one, so for now could people say 'aye or nay' if the weekend of the 19th suits.

;)

Poll on thread

Right so, following some feed back in the mega thread and in the interests of fairness, am starting a new thread for this one. Basically anyone who voted in the original poll on the mega thread cant vote in any new ones there, so new poll here.

Question, who wants to go on a beers some time over the weekend starting the 19th of november, am thinking this weekend coming would be to short notice and the following weekend am asumming alot of people will be at the cup final.

Will merge this thread into the Mega one after beers are drank.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Woo Hoo

Ya great idea, ya the 19th sounds like a good date

We can continue the cup winning celebrations:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Mayyyyybe. Dunno if I'll be home that weekend yet or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Yeah, would suit me.

Though the prospect of meeting you all, it kind of scares me a bit :eek:

Would be the start of a very long weekend for me as I'm off to Gogol Bordello the following Monday, hmmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 43,896 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am in Lisbon that weekend, but enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭TheQ47

Can't say a definite yay or nay as it's around my birthday and I believe there are things planned, over more than 1 weekend, and I'm not privy to what, when or where. If I'm around, though, I'll do my best to be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Shan't be here for it I'm afraid :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

Yeah will try to attend :)

I said nay,just cos I can't make it,I would otherwise,and end it with a huge feed.

So there does seem to be a bit of interest, where would people like? Some where not to quiet? Not to busy? Some where with free Wi-fi so you can give live updates back to boards?* Which night that weekend?

*That second last one was a joke :)

Aw wait I might be able to make it after all,think I will be in Sligo. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

TheQ47 wrote: »
    Can't say a definite yay or nay as it's around my birthday and I believe there are things planned, over more than 1 weekend, and I'm not privy to what, when or where. If I'm around, though, I'll do my best to be there.

I'd rather go to yours, sounds good!

Hmmmmmm, thread has died slightly, is there still an interest for a few this weekend, any suggestions on location?

Not sure if still interest in this, but not going to be able to make it my self, by all means if the rest of ye's want to do something go for it.

Dont be afraid about not knowing people, beers nights can be a right laugh.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Hey meant to reply to this earlier.

Not sure will I make it, not sure if it's the best weekend for it as it's Graduation weekend for the students and all the pubs will be wedged even the usually quieter ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I won't be at it, if it was a weekend between the 18th Dec and 3rd Jan, then I'd be able to go as I'd be home for the Christmas Holidays.

The joys of living in a foreign country:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I'm just wondering are there any thoughts/ideas for a few Christmas scoops? I've never met a Boardsie in the 'real' world, so it would be nice to get a chance to meet up with some of ye. I'm looking at Friday the 17th, but maybe if this side of Christmas doesn't work we could look at something in the new year. That might give people more notice and the more the merrier of course.:D

non-drinkers please don't be discouraged from coming along.

• Advertisement

Could be done, dont know if i'm about on the 17th yet, otherwise it would more than likely be the new year as well for me.

Ya, the New Year sometime is more likely now. No deadlines, just whenever a most suitable date/consensus is found.

Well Christmas is around the corner and our attempts failed miserably last year. But who is interested in some Xmas beers this year?

None drinkers would be of course welcome as well. Most weekends barr the 17th dec (so far) would probably suit me if people interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I'd be interested.

Maybe start a new thread for it, as an old thread re-hashed mightn't garner enough interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'm not a pub person but if you decided to do a boards coffee I'd be up for it :)
    We had one on twitter and I've made some new friends through it.

magnumlady wrote: »
    I'm not a pub person but if you decided to do a boards coffee I'd be up for it :)
    We had one on twitter and I've made some new friends through it.

Could we reach a happy medium here somehow? Maybe venue wise or something? Since I'm out in the sticks, I don't have a finger on the pulse for a suitable compromise venue ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

magnumlady wrote: »
    Now now! It's a moderator's duty to attend a beers night and buy 3 rounds of drinks to everyone there :)

muffler wrote: »
    Now now! It's a moderator's duty to attend a beers night and buy 3 rounds of drinks to everyone there :)

I'm liking this very, very much. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

muffler wrote: »

Oh dear, what a shame I'm busy that night. Irish-Stew will look after you all :D:p

Advertisement