Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Beers. The Mega Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

I'm interested. It may be wierd, meeting people from t'internet and all, but I'd be up for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'd definitely be up for it, though I'll be fashionably late if it's not on Tuesday or Thursday because otherwise I work until 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Well I'm up for waiting til June if that's easier for everyone. Should be good fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

What pubs and/or clubs will we hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

basquille wrote: »
    Pfft.. Gillie tried to organise it.. the man couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery and believe me, he's tried!

Myself and muffler will (god-willing) try and arrange a successful "beers" this Summer.

As long as you stay on topic in said beers and all! :D

I was f*ckin there! No one showed up that....wait a sec when was it?

I know 3 or 4 of the Sligo boardsies. I now know basq from a photo he posted. Can't miss him. he looks like Superman!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I'd be up for it...name a time/date and place and I'll be there(hopefully)

For people like me who don't know or recognise any other boardsies how would we spot ye in the pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I'd be up for it...name a time/date and place and I'll be there(hopefully)

For people like me who don't know or recognise any other boardsies how would we spot ye in the pub!

Well you'd definately spot Myself, Counting Crows, JoeyJJ and BennyC as we are the "older" Sligo boards members!;):cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I'm with the "it's a bit weird meeting people off the internet" crowd.. but ya never know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

There is a click of about 8-10 of ye on here who seem to get on fairly well, live in the same
    town(ship) and yet do not know each other from adam, there were also some from said click on here posting about how hard it is to make friends in the sligo area.

Now im no mathematician (not anymore anyhu) but some of ye going out for a few beers is a bit of a no brainer from what i can see, the worst thing that can happen is that you lose and internet buddy, thing is, the world is full of internet buddies, worth the risk I reckon!?

BTW: Im very much with the: "whats the point of talking to people if you dont want to get to know them" crowd.
    Prob because im a technophobe with a background in computers ( i dont see the bells and whistles, just bits of code linking things, like the matrics after about 7 pints :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Well

I'm just generally kind of bad at making friends on the fly. I used to make friends through activities/work/school.

Currently, am not part of any activities, don't go to school, and I work pretty much alone.

I suppose making friends through an internet message board makes me less of a loser than not having any friends at all? That's what I'm going to tell myself anyway :(

PS to find us in the pub, we're probably the group of people looking at each other awkwardly....

• Advertisement

Xiney wrote: »
    I'm just generally kind of bad at making friends on the fly
    I used to be great at that, but the world is getting more and more introverted, makes us confident friendly types look a bit pushie/weird!?
    Xiney wrote: »
    PS to find us in the pub, we're probably the group of people looking at each other awkwardly....

Loose'ns the auld vocal chords fear handy:

Rule 1: everyone has to show up with 2-3 pints on them already
    Rule 2: anyone who doesnt follow rule 1 must down 3 shots on arriving at bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

we're up for it, but do we come as tulipandthstle or as our new separate accouts, now we're mixed up! i liked it better when you all were confused!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

elshambo wrote: »
    Rule 1: everyone has to show up with 2-3 pints on them already
    Rule 2: anyone who doesnt follow rule 1 must down 3 shots on arriving at bar

I don't drink, does that mean I can't come? ;)

Mrs.T wrote: »
    I don't drink, does that mean I can't come? ;)

replace booze with sugar/caffine/something else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I don't drink either, but if the venues right it won't stop me.:D
    (Glasshouse:D)

OK, I'll come along... but only if you promise not to act akward if I show up & you realise that I've a). slept with you, b). are the mother of one of my children, c). have contracted an STD from me or d). have bought illegal substances from me (including green diesel).

Besides all that, we should get along fine. :)

(BTW.. what's to stop people from showing up pretending to be someone else?)

Woohoo, Looks like everyone's gonna make an appearance then!
    (BTW.. what's to stop people from showing up pretending to be someone else?)

Nothing. But why bother? :confused:

I'm a little surprised by the "meeting people from the internet is weird/for losers" comments. I'm taking them as joking. But I would just like to point out that I am completely normal despite the fact that I can use a computer and post on an internet forum! :D

I've never been to the glass house but if it would be the preferred for the non drinkers I'm fine with that. Any ideas on when?

takola wrote: »
    Woohoo, Looks like everyone's gonna make an appearance then!

Nothing. But why bother? :confused:

I'm a little surprised by the "meeting people from the internet is weird/for losers" comments. I'm taking them as joking. But I would just like to point out that I am completely normal despite the fact that I can use a computer and post on an internet forum! :D

I've never been to the glass house but if it would be the preferred for the non drinkers I'm fine with that. Any ideas on when?

The Glasshouse bar is a bit souless for me - can we not hit a "proper" pub?

The Glasshouse bar is a bit souless for me - can we not hit a "proper" pub?

Such as?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I just want a pub with a car park.

• Advertisement

magnumlady wrote: »
    I just want a pub with a car park.

Sure if yr bringing the car, we can do a pub crawl... starting off in the Mountain Inn in Coolaney, then Connollys in Collooney, on to O'Connors in Ballisodare, then into town... you can ditch the car beside Gurns & we'll hit Shoots, Hardigans, McGarrigles and on to The Clarence for a bop.

(Then of course, you'll have to ferry us all off home) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I wouldn't mind grabbing a pint with the fellow boardsie's but I kinda have a feeling it would be a bit weird. Never met people from the internet before!

Its not so hard once beer is involved. I kinda want to sorta say I will go, but I probably won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Can I suggest the beers night be held on a Friday? That's the only night we .....(oh I forgot) I ......(*teardrop*) can get a babysitter and we probably away first two weeks of June?...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Mrs.T wrote: »
    Can I suggest the beers night be held on a Friday? That's the only night we .....(oh I forgot) I ......(*teardrop*) can get a babysitter and we probably away first two weeks of June?...

dont worry dear, I'm right here!! good thinking, so when do we book the baby sitter for then?

you can ditch the car beside Gurns & we'll hit Shoots, Hardigans, McGarrigles and on to The Clarence for a bop.

+1. I like the sound of this plan, I like the Shoots, Hardigans, McGarrigles triangle.

EDIT: Wait a minute, isn't Hardigans closed? We could make it McCloghlans though!

We could make it McCloghlans though!

Where's that?

And isn't Hardigans opening soon?

Whoops, excuse my bad spelling, I meant McLoughlins Pub up on High St. Didn't hear anything about Hardigans reopening, hope it does soon though, I used to like going in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I read somewhere (online I'm sure) that Hardigans were opening soon, but I can't find a link for it now. An English lady has bought it, and is keeping it in much the same vein, no TV, no music, except live. Although they can have tables outside now, and the beer garden is being kept too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

just tell us where you want to meet and we, oh no I'm single online now, I will be there. What about you dear???;)

Advertisement