Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Beers. The Mega Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Xiney wrote: »
    Friday June 6th work for anyone?

I can't be there until after 10, so you'll have a head start - but I'll catch up quickly.

Aaaargh, we can't make it that day we're on holiday. We only just booked up today as well :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Cant make am at a wedding. :( And please dont say Sat 14th of june (at Leonard Cohen!).
    Of course the rest of ye can go out if ye want. :(

What about May 30th?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Ok, May 30th works for me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Ok, May 30th works for me too :)

may 30th my maw is coming over and arriving in dublin at 17.05. so we wont be able to make it (arg forgot our break up again!!) I cant make it, can you Mrs T?
    What about friday the 13th?? A good date, hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

will double check both those dates and let ye knows later, think atleast one of them is out though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Can't make Friday the 13th anyways... away on holidays.

Next weekend is the only weekend free for me for the next few weeks anyways.

But enjoy it anyways!

Haha now we know why it's never done. I'm amazed that we all seem to have a life besides the boards.:D What if we do it in a month or so, then people dont have a full agenda yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Haha now we know why it's never done. I'm amazed that we all seem to have a life besides the boards.:D What if we do it in a month or so, then people dont have a full agenda yet?

You mean plan ahead? What madness is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

You'll never get a date that suits everyone , especially in the summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Probably better off setting a pole for the date and place and if people want to go then they will go.
    There was a lot of crap last time with people saying "Well I'm only going to X pub and I'm not going out Y night".
    That way if people are serious about it they will show up.
    As for Shoots and Mcloughlins they will be packed most weekends - while they do serve awesome guinness they may not be the best place for a beers meet up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Probably better off setting a pole for the date and place and if people want to go then they will go.
    There was a lot of crap last time with people saying "Well I'm only going to X pub and I'm not going out Y night".
    That way if people are serious about it they will show up.
    As for Shoots and Mcloughlins they will be packed most weekends - while they do serve awesome guinness they may not be the best place for a beers meet up!

Pub X is a dump. No way I'm going there & to be honest, I wouldn't be seen dead in Pub Y.

Right, so other than basquille, everyone so far can make it to June 6th. So I'm afraid that's a better date anyway.

As for where to go, I don't have much in the way of preferences but I don't think it'd be worth it to go anywhere that the music is blaring so loudly that we can't have a chat.

Also, us non-driving folk would really benefit from an in-town location.

Right, so other than basquille, everyone so far can make it to June 6th. So I'm afraid that's a better date anyway.

As for where to go, I don't have much in the way of preferences but I don't think it'd be worth it to go anywhere that the music is blaring so loudly that we can't have a chat.

Also, us non-driving folk would really benefit from an in-town location.

me and Mrs T cant be there either, we are away in dublin

Me too, Radiohead are playing that week and as much as I like my new imaginary friends - I just like Radiohead more </3

Pub X is a dump. No way I'm going there & to be honest, I wouldn't be seen dead in Pub Y.

But the girls in Pub Y are sooo easy!

<_<

>_>

I mean 'they are so lovely'!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I demand to know the whereabouts of this Pub Y !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Me too, Radiohead are playing that week and as much as I like my new imaginary friends - I just like Radiohead more </3

You're not going are ya? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

This thread is funny!

aw crap. So Mr & Mrs T, Basquille, Chimpie are out for June 6.

Thing is, we could just have another Sligo boards beers later in the summer... it's like, if we try for a date that everyone can get to, we'll never go (see: previous attempts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Thing is, we could just have another Sligo boards beers later in the summer... it's like, if we try for a date that everyone can get to, we'll never go (see: previous attempts)

Exactly! We can tag along on the next one. Idea! Why doesn't somebody video the night and put it on the boards!?

• Advertisement

um. :eek:

there is to be no photographic evidence of how red my face gets when I imbibe alcohol...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

um. :eek:

there is to be no photographic evidence of how red my face gets when I imbibe alcohol...

Seconded.

Pics are a no no! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

)
    Cant come either.....:( have a good time lads if ye go. Will catch ye the next time round.

Why don't ye have 2 beers 1 week after the other :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

tuppence wrote: »
    Cant come either.....:( have a good time lads if ye go. Will catch ye the next time round.

6th of june now out for me as well

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Why don't ye have 2 beers 1 week after the other :cool:

Or just have a boards rag week and go to the pub every night? someone is bound to turn up on one of the nights.

Who'd have thought all these nerds would have lives? :D

sueme wrote: »
    I'm washing my hair that summer.

Well some of us have lives :D

Well some of us have lives :D

Some of us have great hair.

• Advertisement

Advertisement