Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Beers. The Mega Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

How is the transplant going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

sueme wrote: »
    Some of us have great hair.

You remembered!

You remembered!

I will confirm for all the women of the Internet, Brian does indeed have good hair...

...but if you don't believe me girls, he can be found on the steps of the town hall causing aggro.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

sueme wrote: »
    Who'd have thought all these nerds would have lives? :D

crazy that isn't

:eek:

This nerd doesn't have a life at the moment. Too many real people around lately, I prefer virtual ones... :o:D

Edit: Except you boardsies I've met in real life of course... and to any I have yet to meet of course..

Edit#2: See? Real people freak me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

So, ehm.... has a date, time and place been organised yet? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Screw it - I'm going to the Ladies Lounge beers instead, now they know how to have a party!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

How about

June 6th
    8pm
    Furey's

(choice of venue personal preference, due to availability of hoegaarden on tap and lack of stupid dance music, if anyone objects, feel free to suggest elsewhere)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Mmmm, Hoegarden. Sounds good, but, er, where's Furey's? :o

Furey's is on Bridge street, towards Toffs from Feehily's corner.

eta: and hoegaarden is a belgian wheat ale that is naturally cloudy and comes in the most freakin' awesome pint glass ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I'll try and make it for a wee bit anyway..
    Um ...hoegarden... sounds like a place where ladies of ill repute plant daffodils

slideways wrote: »
    I'll try and make it for a wee bit anyway..
    Um ...hoegarden... sounds like a place where ladies of ill repute plant daffodils

which is part of its appeal, haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Xiney wrote: »
    How about

June 6th
    8pm
    Furey's

(choice of venue personal preference, due to availability of hoegaarden on tap and lack of stupid dance music, if anyone objects, feel free to suggest elsewhere)

Before I gave up the drink, I LOVED Hoegarden!! We are in Dublin that day. See you all at the next one!

I was in town earlier and thought if there was a Sligo Beers tonight it would have been great, a lovely sunny evening and I was in the form for it.

Dammit, when there is one I'm bound to be in a pjs and cocoa mood...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Unless I missed something in this thread I dont see an agreed date or place.

Everyone is running around saying this date doesn't suit them or that place doesn't suit either. Its all about "me me me" with no consideration given to others.

Seriously this has to be the worst attempt at organising a beers night that I have ever seen.

muffler wrote: »

Everyone is running around saying this date doesn't suit them or that place doesn't suit either. Its all about "me me me" with no consideration given to others.

Seriously this has to be the worst attempt at organising a beers night that I have ever seen.

Well a date hasn't been arranged that suits most people yet. Is there time limit on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Muffler - heres a suggestion, open a new thread with a pole for a date, when thats decided you can open another thread with a pole for the pub and leave this thread open for discussion.
    That way we can see who can go on a given date by viewing the results and which pub people want to go to...

My 2c.

Muffler - heres a suggestion, open a new thread with a pole for a date, when thats decided you can open another thread with a pole for the pub and leave this thread open for discussion.
    That way we can see who can go on a given date by viewing the results and which pub people want to go to...

My 2c.
    That is exactly what I have been hinting at. This thread is going nowhere at all.

What you do to organise a beers night is first of all select a time of the year that would probably suit most people. Mid July to beginning of September is generally out due to holidays as would the Xmas and Easter periods.

After that you plan for somewhere between 2 weeks and 6 weeks in advance and as suggested you use a poll with a selection of various dates. I dont see any reason to have a poll on the actual pub/premises. A couple of people could be delegated with the duty of selecting the venue and of course subject to the poll results it would also need to be confirmed that the venue is available that night and preferably somewhere with a bit of music.

Im only assuming that there would be approx 10 - 15 people max that would be there on the night but Im open to correction on that.

In summary I would suggest a poll with perhaps 3 maybe 4 different weekends listed and including a choice of a Friday or a Saturday night for each weekend and with an option of a person to choose any night and/or any weekend. At this point in time the earliest weekend IMO would have to be at least 2 weeks from now.

Now as Im not from Sligo I would prefer if someone else would start a new thread with a poll but I dont mind helping out if anyone wants to PM me about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭horsecrap

Is this not what you call 'trolling' bla bla bla.....practise what you preach muppet. The truth is, yer all embarrased to meet eachother out of here because yer all socially dependent on this boards.ie and the internet in general. excuses excuse is all you see. it really is so funny to see the comments on this and laugh at the cut of ye. f*ck me, any normal person would just say, beer sat night? ya? cool.

no no, here wye need a poll to see what night is available, an a poll for what pub.seriously???, when lets be honest the majority of ye have posted on this on a sat nite anyway, so i cant imagine yer THat busy.
    what are ye like

horsecrap wrote: »
    Is this not what you call 'trolling' bla bla bla.....practise what you preach muppet. The truth is, yer all embarrased to meet eachother out of here because yer all socially dependent on this boards.ie and the internet in general. excuses excuse is all you see. it really is so funny to see the comments on this and laugh at the cut of ye. f*ck me, any normal person would just say, beer sat night? ya? cool.

no no, here wye need a poll to see what night is available, an a poll for what pub.seriously???, when lets be honest the majority of ye have posted on this on a sat nite anyway, so i cant imagine yer THat busy.
    what are ye like

Post reported. Muppet.

• Advertisement

For the record I work evenings, Saturdays included. Hence my posting pattern >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Ok, First of all I'm going to apologise. I started the last thread and then got bogged down with real life and didn't pull through on it. I'm not so bogged down now thankfully! :)

I've created a pole with 5 dates and went through the last thread for the pubs mentioned. You can choose the date that suits you best along with the preferred location. We'll go with the date that has the most votes and the location that has the most votes.

Naturally not all of us may be available on that date (We can hope though) but we might as well try this one last time and see if we can actually get a beers organised this time! :D

Votes are public. You can vote more than once because I wanted a date and location.

I can make myself available if needs be so I don't mind which date. It was mentioned in the last thread that Shoots and McGarrigles would be packed on a weekend. I agree with that. Although I like both of those pubs. I'd go with Fureys or Hargidons.

If you have another suggestion feel free to throw it out there and if needs be myself or Xiney will edit the poll to add that option.

We'll see where this goes at least! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hey guys.

Is this thread still going or has it been replaced. Just sifting through the older threads further back. Thanks in advance. :)

been replaced I think with the poll.

honestly, maybe 3rd time's the charm...

haha, so far nobody's agreed!

No probs. Just checking. We're on the move.

Hey we're over here now. Nice one.

I'll do my best to be there. Cant decide or vote for a date(s) yet as I have to organise a couple of other things first but it wont be next weekend in any event.

Just out of curiosity takola why is July 18 out?

It's not. That was a mistake! Whoops! :o

I'm not too bothered about the date, I went with friday's for the poll and thought about puting in 27/28th etc but I think it would just lead to more hassle because you'd have half the people wanting it on one day and half on the other.

Fixed now! :)

• Advertisement

Link to the new thread here: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055316428

Locking this thread now just to keep things tidy.

Advertisement