Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test Delay

Options
  • 30-07-2008 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

I was supposed to have my driving test today but it was canceled, they gave me another date in the begining of september. its with the SGS in Deangrange, im wondering did anybody else have this problem? is there some thing up with this center? i heard something about a investigation into something. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

i had a similar issue about 5 years ago with my bike test in Naas. Was out early. They decided to cancel my test because of roadworks but they were happy to take someone else out who was late for their test. Good luck with your new test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I passed last Friday. It was my second test in 4 months.

The first test was meant to be at the start of March, they cancelled the test two hours before the test.

I went down to the test centre in April the morning of my test, was at the centre at 8.15 my test was at 8.25. The cancelled my test at 8.35 as there was some "mix up" and I had to come back down that afternoon. I failed the test.

I booked another test and it was meant to be on the 4th of July, a week before the test they cancelled it. Sat the test last Friday.

Such bad luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

SheroN wrote: »
    I passed last Friday. It was my second test in 4 months.

The first test was meant to be at the start of March, they cancelled the test two hours before the test.

I went down to the test centre in April the morning of my test, was at the centre at 8.15 my test was at 8.25. The cancelled my test at 8.35 as there was some "mix up" and I had to come back down that afternoon. I failed the test.

I booked another test and it was meant to be on the 4th of July, a week before the test they cancelled it. Sat the test last Friday.

Such bad luck with it.

I hope you get a test soon and ace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Same here, put back till Sep 10th. Wonder why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Caychadh

It seems a lot of testers (like many people) take their holidays around July and August. However the SGS and RSA administrators dished out test dates anyway and have only recently copped there are not enough testers to take them now and are having to defer several until September when they have a full consignment of testers back. Doh.

• Advertisement

I hope you get a test soon and ace it.

Passed it last Friday! :-)

Caychadh wrote: »
    It seems a lot of testers (like many people) take their holidays around July and August. However the SGS and RSA administrators dished out test dates anyway and have only recently copped there are not enough testers to take them now and are having to defer several until September when they have a full consignment of testers back. Doh.

I reckon they gave out a load of dates knowing the tests were unlikely to go ahead on most of the dates to falsely lower the waiting times ahead of the new legislation coming in at the start of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭techdiver

SheroN wrote: »
    I reckon they gave out a load of dates knowing the tests were unlikely to go ahead on most of the dates to falsely lower the waiting times ahead of the new legislation coming in at the start of July.

Exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

thanks everyone for the info, did it today and passed, yeahhhh

Advertisement