Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

free xbox 360 points

• 31-07-2008 12:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭

turned on the xbox and went to download a trial game and saw that i have 500 xbox points wen i should ave none. said it to a friend he had 60 but now he has 1060, strange but im not complaining

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

mailrewop wrote: »
    turned on the xbox and went to download a trial game and saw that i have 500 xbox points wen i should ave none. said it to a friend he had 60 but now he has 1060, strange but im not complaining

Big discussion about it on xbox forums

http://forums.xbox.com/1/21793744/ShowPost.aspx#21793744

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Odd! I noticed I had 500 extra today as well! Haven't a clue where they came from. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

I want some free points too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oooohh.. let me check..

.. Nope, no free points for me. Actually got 500 free for purchasing GTA IV and never used them.. they expired just before I remembered! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yup, I got 500 too..... Nice to get Geometry Wars 2 for 300 points. :)

• Advertisement

Without reading pages and pages of "Me too" on that xbox thread, anyone know why we got them? (and its nothing to do with GTA4, because some people got 1500)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Would it be something to do with how long you've been on Xbox Live? Perhaps they're feeling generous (not forking likely though) and want to give back to the customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ive a feeling theyre gonna stop charging for Live now and they are probably re-imbursing people with points???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I didnt get any points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I got nothing. Out of interest, when did you buy your Xbox Live subscription Mountain Lips, Mailrewop?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'm not sure if I got any, can't remember what my balance originally was!

Don't think its down to where you bought your sub... you'd never know though. I got mine in Gamestop last year.

Maybe its down to how much you've spent on the marketplace? I have paid for about 10-15 games I think....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I have had my sub since back when the original xbox days so maybe it is how many points you have bought...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think I've got 500 at least, maybe 1000. I haven't checked my balance in a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

No points for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

silvine wrote: »
    I got nothing. Out of interest, when did you buy your Xbox Live subscription Mountain Lips, Mailrewop?

i bought a new 12+1month subscription off ebay the end of april.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

is there anywhere where id just get 100 ms points? i have 500 and want to get the halo maps for 600..but couldnt be bothered buying 2100 points..

silvine wrote: »

I do it the stupid way and just buy a month every month + I didn't have it for 3 months a while ago due to moving house, so I don't think it's to do with that!
    moonboy wrote: »
    is there anywhere where id just get 100 ms points? i have 500 and want to get the halo maps for 600..but couldnt be bothered buying 2100 points..

You can buy 500 point packs on the 360 for €6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

woo got 500 points stoked!
    Fieldog wrote: »
    Ive a feeling theyre gonna stop charging for Live now and they are probably re-imbursing people with points???

That would be pretty cool now. *Fingers Crossed*

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'd love to see it go free. EUR60 was always a bit pricey. Maybe they're changing the format of payment because of the introduction of the various gameshows and new dashboard in Autumn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Micro$oft stop charging for live? Not that I mind paying for the service but they also though that 12 million people are giving them money so I doubt they would change. Maybe a 60euro once of subscription would work .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

They stopped charging for Windows Live so it's quite possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I think they stopped charging for Windows Live because Windows players are used to playing Peer to peer for free anyway, and there was no way to realistically change their mindset on that.

XBox gamers are more used to paying for their service ...

Also, a lot of the new features are specifically for Gold Subscription holders, so I don't see them getting rid of it any time soon.

Pity. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

I think they stopped charging for Windows Live because Windows players are used to playing Peer to peer for free anyway, and there was no way to realistically change their mindset on that.

Also, if you have a silver account you can play those cross platform games online for free. Like Supreme Commander and Lost Planet....and whatever else that was on Windows Live and Xbox.

Oh, and I didn't get the points :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No points for me :(

Does anyone actually have an actual confirmed reason for this charity yet? I think it could be the start of a brainwashing conspiracy somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Just checked there, pretty sure I got about 1000 free points although I'll have to check my transaction history just to check how much exactly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

No points for me either. :(

Been on Live! since the original Xbox but probably haven't bought that many point since then.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

0 points :( got my hopes up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

microsoft are doing a summer giveaway for people who play the summer arcade games that are released....you could be one of the lucky ones............take a look here
    http://gameinfowire.com/news.asp?nid=12607

Advertisement