Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Van Der Vaart to Madrid

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

had expected this to happen soon and a lot of prem fans to go nuts that he didnt sign for them considering the fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol if it's true then he's a sneaky little bastard! Before he joined Hamburg he kept goin on about how he was a lifelong Barca fan, only ever wanted to play for them etc. His mum even came out and said she'd love her son to play there. And now he could go to Madrid! Release the hounds.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

God i hate Marca.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I hate Real Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Until a proper news source confirms it....

Does anyone know why he is going so cheaply?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

C'mon rafa stick a bid in!

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

PHB wrote: »
    Until a proper news source confirms it....

Does anyone know why he is going so cheaply?

Seen a lot of rumours that he can buy out his contract next year for €1.5m so would make sense for Hamburg to sell now. The clause would seem possibly plausible given the situation when he moved intitally there initially i.e fluctuating form, rumours of personal issues, undeniabl talented but struggling when he signed.

Agree with the proper news source thing. Marca = pooh source

He was pictured wearing a Valencia top last summer apparently. :eek:
    Barca supporter, Valencia supporter or Real Supporter? Mentalism

Given his relative cheapness I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest from Liverpool. I do know his mott has a baby in the last month or two and I think he made a statement then about being happy where he is after the Euros. I think there is some family link to Spain - a grandfather or something so that might be why he seems to be constantly linked to a move there.

I'd expect he would be looking for major wages and signing on fees if it is true about the buy-out clause.

I'd rate him number two after Silva on my left-sided player for Liverpool shopping list, especially at that kinda money (even with the big wages)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Hamburg denies any new contact with Real. Real faxed an official offer last week of 6 million, but they turned them down and told them not to bother unless the offer was 15 mil. Euro or higher.

He has a release clause in his contract, and it is a known fact that he can go for 1.5 mil. Euro next year. The problem is that Hamburg is not too bothered selling him, as Ajax gets 15% of any sale anyway. So if they sell him for 10 mil. Hamburg will only get 8.5, which is only 7 more then they get next year. And they believe that his value to the team is worth more then 7 mil. Euro.

But VDV has always stated that he only wants to go to one of the three top teams in Spain (as his mum is spanish) or to a team like chelsea or manu,. He turned down Atletico Madrid (and appearantly Newcastle as well) earlier this summer, as he said he would only consider a top team. Otherwise he would stay in Hamburg and extend his contract.

I believe he might go to Real this summer, but not for less then 13 or 14 mil. Euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I wouldn't mind Utd putting in a cheeky bid for him. We don't need him per sea, but it'd be nice to **** with Madrid :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

That old chestnut of him wanting to join a Spanish team because his mother is Spanish - it's ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

BBC reporting
    Spanish champions Real Madrid have completed the signing of Dutch international midfielder Rafael van der Vaart from German side Hamburg for £7.1m. A potential blow for Cristiano Ronaldo, perhaps? (Spanish radio Cadena Ser, 1031 BST)

Cheap as chips :pac:

Has been denied by Hamburg. According to a press release from 20 minutes ago there has not been any contact wit Madrid since the first ofer was turned down.

The radio Report was already yesterday. None of the Spanish Papers have picked it up today.

he will move, but don't think for that money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Well, when i had Van Der Vaart at Newcastle in Football Manager he kept going on and on about how his dream was to play for Barca, before i had to let him go.

Football Manager is about as reliable as Marca, so im still not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Well, when i had Van Der Vaart at Newcastle in Football Manager he kept going on and on about how his dream was to play for Barca, before i had to let him go.

He was probably just saying that to get out of Newcastle;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

it can be astonishingly accurate though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

weemcd wrote: »
    it can be astonishingly accurate though

Yeah! I heard United are going in for Ribery alright!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

that's dirt cheap for a great player!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

worth it even just to get his missus over there.

Dirt cheap for him.

According to the german media the transfer is a done deal. Real will pay 14 mil. plus an additional 2 mil. depending on titles etc. It seems Real will also pay the 20% that Hamburg has to pay Ajax.

Real had to increase their offer over night as Sneijder was injured yesterday, and will be out for several months. Hamburg told Real last night 15 mil offer within 5 days, or the deal is off completely. In some way the Injury seems to have helped Hamburgs cause, as Real now needed a replacement quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Happy for Rafi and the Nederlands.

Completed his move.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=804869

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Van Zuylen wrote: »
    Happy for Rafi and the Netherlands.

FTFY

Advertisement