Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Brazil a cheap place to buy electronic goods like laptops and ipod touches

• 31-07-2008 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭

if so where should I shop. I am thinking I would buy online.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Only know about Mexico and surprisingly highstreet prices are more expensive than shopping in the US. With the way things go missing in the postal service I don't believe there is a lot of online sales.

Ive heard that while food and other things are normally cheap in America the luxury items are quite closely related to the normal retail prices.

Why you looking in Brazil instead of US? Id say postal service from US is more reliable and if something goes wrong they speak a form of English so you can almost communicate with them!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Xcellor wrote: »
    Only know about Mexico and surprisingly highstreet prices are more expensive than shopping in the US. With the way things go missing in the postal service I don't believe there is a lot of online sales.

Ive heard that while food and other things are normally cheap in America the luxury items are quite closely related to the normal retail prices.

Why you looking in Brazil instead of US? Id say postal service from US is more reliable and if something goes wrong they speak a form of English so you can almost communicate with them!! ;)

My brother happened to be in Brazil. He is back now and i decided not to bother. I just thought it might be cheap but he said the same as u in the end. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭ozmo

cronos wrote: »
    My brother happened to be in Brazil. He is back now and i decided not to bother. I just thought it might be cheap but he said the same as u in the end. Thanks for your help.

sorry late posting - but just to add in case interested.
    When I was there Brazillians went here
    http://www.thirteenmonths.com/br05_ciudaddeleste.htm
    for their electronic stuff.
    Just across the border in Paraguay.
    I went to visit when i was at the waterfalls - A huge whole city of those dodgy electronic shops you see in London / New york with lots of folk buying.
    googlemaps

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

In short, NO.

As for that place near the waterfalls in Paraguay. Buy anything there at your own peril. If it still works in 2 weeks you've got a bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 FortalezaOwner

no, somethings cost more, because, huge taxes on imports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭marknoonan1974

In short, NO.

As for that place near the waterfalls in Paraguay. Buy anything there at your own peril. If it still works in 2 weeks you've got a bargain!

I was there, a very dodgy place. Everything is fake, and ya really need your wits about ya.

To buy cheap electronic gear that is genuine and will work, ya need to head to Singapore.

Advertisement